The online racing simulator
Using Custom Layout On Server?
(25 posts, started )
Hi, i was wondering how you can add your own custom layout to a LFS Server, i have my server running from my pc and it works, its not very good but hey. But i dont know how you can load custom tracks onto it to make it more fun.

How would you go about doing this?

Thanks.
log in to your server with admin pass , press shift+u and then select load track or load layout ,or somthing like this then just pick one of yours layouts.
Quote from oldnavy :log in to your server with admin pass , press shift+u and then select load track or load layout ,or somthing like this then just pick one of yours layouts.

and after you open that layout you want to save it to the dedicated server's layout folder by using /axsave

ex: /axsave Jumps

it will show up in your /dedi/data/layouts under XXX_Jumps.lyt
or you just put layut files straght to dedi/data/layouts and change line in setup.cfg file Layoutdir(or somthing like that)=/data/layouts
Quote from SilverArrows77 :If you want a layout to automatically load with a certain track, there is another very easy method.

Ingame create and save your layout. eg AS1_layout.lyt

Then go to layouts directory, copy that layout and place it in your host layout folder and rename the file AS1_.lyt (using AS1 as just an example)

This will then automatically load when AS1 loads

LFS doesnt allow you to name a layout as nothing ingame, but you can edit its name as above, then it loads as default layout for the track.

It'll load the most recently saved/edited layout (based on the "last modified" date) regardless of its name
Thanks For The Help.
#7 - Attta
What should I do if I'm using hosting on LFS ...so I have no access to lfs/data ? any ideas?
The steps are already described above :S
#9 - Attta
Quote from cargame.nl :The steps are already described above :S

Where exactly...there is olny solution for people who use dedi server... I want to add to my LFS hosting, I have no acces to server folder with data so I can't copy and paste the layout file on server.
Quote from Attta :

Where exactly...there is olny solution for people who use dedi server... I want to add to my LFS hosting, I have no acces to server folder with data so I can't copy and paste the layout file on server.

Can't understand how you don't have access to the data folder if it's a server you're paying for, that's the least you can have...

Contact your server provider.

That's the solution
Quote from Chriship :
Quote from Attta :

Can't understand how you don't have access to the data folder if it's a server you're paying for, that's the least you can have...

Contact your server provider.

That's the solution

Have you ever tried server hosting on lfs.net ? there is no acces to data...you have acces only to airio configuration files...that's all...
Quote from Attta :What should I do if I'm using hosting on LFS ...so I have no access to lfs/data ? any ideas?

Here:
Quote from oldnavy :log in to your server with admin pass , press shift+u and then select load track or load layout ,or somthing like this then just pick one of yours layouts.

Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from Attta :What should I do if I'm using hosting on LFS ...so I have no access to lfs/data ? any ideas?

Here:

Yep I tried that...but never mind I figure out already...I had to show X and Y layouts to load new layout
Atta can you explain how you solved your problem? I have also rented a host from lfs.net/hosting. I found EndResetTime parameter from airio.srv.txt, just wondering if I can prevent track reset by setting the parameter to zero, and what other side effects it would have.
Quote from lucaf :Atta can you explain how you solved your problem? I have also rented a host from lfs.net/hosting. I found EndResetTime parameter from airio.srv.txt, just wondering if I can prevent track reset by setting the parameter to zero, and what other side effects it would have.

Sorry, it has been a long time since I did that last time and I dont remember this exact problem. But I found everything here http://www.airio.eu/AdminManual.aspx
Ok looks like it uses the layout automatically when I uploaded it there and once loaded (heard somebody saying that when there is only one layout, it will be automatically loaded)

EDIT: I noticed something weird: While I was joined my own server (where I had uploaded the layout), I made some modifications on the layout. And I saved it with save function in bottom right. I did not understand that it will save it only on my computer, not the host server.

I did not use /axsave because everytime I re-logged on the server, it showed me the last version of the laout so I assumed it has been saved also on the host server. (for clarification: my server is hosted on lfs.net)

Until: I rebooted the server, and the old layout version was there. I was confused: Was it possible, that before rebooting server, it had displayed me different version of layout (my local one) that it had displayed to other guests? How can I race with other players if we see different things on the track?

Hmm... i think the mess started when I uploaded the newer layout on one lfs.net forum thread - it looks like now on my account there is two versions of the layout both with same name, this looks almost like a bug?
That is how I understood it, anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

I maybe found out the answer to the strange behaviout I explained in my previous message. I made modifications on the layout while being on the public server where the layout was used. I did not use /axsave but the modifications remained there in runtime memory until I rebooted the server.

I also noticed if I upload new verison of the layout from my local computer, all AIRIO laptimes gets deleted, so if I want to preserve recorded laptimes, I assume I need to make all modifications to layout straight on the server and use /axsave.
I don't think stats get deleted.... New track name new stats
Yes - they don't get deleted if you upload via ingame from your LFS client,check track name after you upload with !tr,it schould be like WE1X_NONE - airio does not know layout name if it's uploaded from client. You have to save layout in host's folder with that /axsave function,which by the way was also unknown to me until now...
Correction: Looks like /axsave does not save the layout on the host server, at least in my case. I rebooted again the server to check this out and looks like all my modifications of yesterday have gone.

edit: I tried with new track/layout. Looks like /axlist lists the layout saved with /axsave as long as I dont reboot the server. Maybe this is by feature on hosts rent by lfs.net.
Just tested - it did save for me. Loaded some random layout from client,wrote /axsave RANDOM NAME and it was in host's layout folder. Not sure how it works when modifying and saving with name that already exists in hosts folder. Shrug

Edit on edit: This is where devs should step in and say how it's done on their rented hosts - if there is some files saving limitation.
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes - they don't get deleted if you upload via ingame from your LFS client,check track name after you upload with !tr,it schould be like WE1X_NONE - airio does not know layout name if it's uploaded from client.

Ah thank you, true, the name remains NONE when I upload it from client. In my case the second thing to do is to upload the layout via lfs.net/hosts interface, then it works also after rebooting. So the axsave command in my case is useless.
Quote from Eclipsed :Edit on edit: This is where devs should step in and say how it's done on their rented hosts - if there is some files saving limitation.

I haven't tested it, but here it says it should be possible to save layouts either from the game or by uploading them on the page.
Attached images
layouts.png
Yes Flame CZE, why it took me this time to understand is, because I already caused some file conflict by uploading the layout in that interface displayed in your screenshot + in one lfs.net forum thread (it looked like the files went in the same place with same layout name but different web filename since the file uploaded in forum thread showed up in the host interface as duplicate file).

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG