The online racing simulator
Open Wheel Trophy Current state
Hi, First of all, I'm very disappointed at lack of drivers who've committed to the series, but haven't even shown up for the race meetings. I know it's early days, but when this happens, it obviously won't be good in the future. There are 3 possible out comes of this (which will be discussed with Andy(aobrien, Co-Director of the series);

- We race one more round, and cancel the rest of the race meetings.

- We cancel the series with immediate effect.

- We carry on racing most/all rounds left to be run.

I want to hear the drivers opinions on this, as it doesn't look like it's going to get much stronger without some backing. The FO8 class is looking weaker and weaker, as we've witnessed the withdrawal of Legends Racing Team reduce the field to 4 cars. We'll get back to you asap about the meeting we'll be having tonight.

IMA Group
Hi there!

My vote goes definately to

at least one more round with an enduro (1 hour ?) race, cancel with immediate effect isn´t a good choice, will only effect in dissapointing people..

Or cancel the FO8 class and race only with FOX? Or add a FBM class ?? (only a suggestion)
#3 - 5haz
I suggest give it one or two more rounds.

I think the problem is perhaps the long breaks between races, I was in another championship that had full grids until it stopped for a few weeks over christmas, and when it came back everyone had forgotten about the championship and the grids were empty.

Or perhaps it's me, as I've already said every series I join seems to die.

Quote from snoring_snoopy :at least one more round with an enduro (1 hour ?) race, cancel with immediate effect isn´t a good choice, will only effect in dissapointing people..

Yeah but lonely races aren't much fun either.
check the general discussion thread
If you desperately need drivers, I may be willing to re-join. As long as it is ok with IMA administration of course.
I am not a series driver, but I do have an opinion.

The above would be the best solution in my eyes, otherwise the reputation of the IMA becomes another one of those which start a season which never finishes. It's better to finish with a failure than to just give up.

You need to give some consideration to your broadcasting. I realise people are trying thier best but first thing imo to improve would be the quality of the stream. Ask for help from those around you if you need it, dont let pride get in the way of quality streaming. If it's proving too much, drop it completly.

Its a nice addon to be able to have, but it is just that, an Addon. Its not required for the completion of the season. Get your broadcast crew to race instead.

If you are admining the racing yourselves rather than racing, consider changing that, race yourself, that puts extra cars on the track, and most of the time you will find a safety car (if running one, or in standby to run one) will cause more problems than its worth!

One thing which you need to stop right away, is allowing your commentary people to keep saying that the future of the series is not secure, that "it may be scrapped" - Its pointless telling those few who are watching that they are basically wasting thier time watching something which may not be around, that is reputation damaging to say the least.

Big grids are great, if you can get them, however, again, not essential for good quality racing. Small grids annoy me, but so does the attitude of holding dedicated series entrants (those who do attend) to ransom for the actions of those who say they will but dont attend.

I think this is a discussion which is definatly required, but internally within the IMA, then, open things to drivers when you make your decision, dont give people the impression you are giving up, till you've given up, that just pushes thier buttons.

While im here, if totally honest, I dont think you gave this series long enough to actually fly. It was very soon before or after the first round that you announced your second series, the TBO league. New things will always draw away attention, even for those who are dedicated. Cross advertisement is great, but not to the detrament of your breakthrough series.

Decide yourselves where your priorities lay, what is your end goal? What is it you are trying to do? - That will give you direction and perspective as to where you are towards achieving what you want. Otherwise, I fear you will find the same kind of reaction just two rounds into your TBO series that you have towards this one.

Best of Luck guys!
Quote from mkinnov8 :Snip
Best of Luck guys!

Hi, Well atm, of course we won't scrap the season, and i'm sorry for putting it there. However, drivers saying they'll commit (some from big enough teams) and not committing isn't helping one bit. I considered cancelling FO8, but it wouldn't be fair on those racing for the championship. If all drivers pm me their msn, we may have a drivers meeting on msn, to see where they're willing to keep going.

Thanks for all the posts, and thanks Kev for the tips, definetly needs to be sorted, and we thank our sponsor at RaceSIM for all their support. The TBO Challenge is looking stronger from it too.
I'm for sure going to be in the BL1 race. I had real life things i needed to sort out last weekend that's why i didn't race... I thought it might give the other racers an incentive to score some points against me to bring on a good fight in the F08 league table - obviously it did not lol!

Anyway, How about just running one car for the season. I know a lot of people enjoy the FOX and i wouldn't mind swapping over too. The only thing that would be a bummer is that i've already missed x2 FOX races so the tables would be a bit unfair.

Anyways, i'll be on msn tonight to give you some ideas of mine and hopefully some other people can join in and see if we can sort things out in a professional manner... I enjoyed the 1st race event and hope we can still have loads more in the future

Cheers
Pete
Quote from peterules :I'm for sure going to be in the BL1 race. I had real life things i needed to sort out last weekend that's why i didn't race... I thought it might give the other racers an incentive to score some points against me to bring on a good fight in the F08 league table - obviously it did not lol!

Anyway, How about just running one car for the season. I know a lot of people enjoy the FOX and i wouldn't mind swapping over too. The only thing that would be a bummer is that i've already missed x2 FOX races so the tables would be a bit unfair.

Anyways, i'll be on msn tonight to give you some ideas of mine and hopefully some other people can join in and see if we can sort things out in a professional manner... I enjoyed the 1st race event and hope we can still have loads more in the future

Cheers
Pete

The points is the only issue, I am going to announce a meeting on msn with all drivers tomorrow, recieved a few addresses and will add them tonight..... So for all people interested there's a MEETING THAT WILL BE HELD NEXT TUESDAY, AT 9PM GMT.
Carry on!! it was gr8 fun last meeting il defo stay for the rest of the season
Quote from Jordan2007 :Carry on!! it was gr8 fun last meeting il defo stay for the rest of the season

defo!
#12 - 5haz
As long as races are run I promise I will do my best to turn up.
err yeah 9.03pm and your offline
next tuesday i hope cos i thought the same lol
#15 - 5haz
Indeed
James, if you need a little advice, then pm me. I think you are trying to do too much too soon. Stoney's advice was spot on. If it is possible, you need to salvage the season you have started. I would forget the streaming bit for now, because as Stoney pointed out, there is no point streaming something that no one turns up to, and your best racers are running the stream atm.
Ooooh, thanks for the compliment Jason

You're right mate, I think the stream will be cut from the OWT and we'll work on it for the TBO Challenge.

Races are now OD from the last round btw!!
Quote from jasonmatthews :James, if you need a little advice, then pm me. I think you are trying to do too much too soon. Stoney's advice was spot on. If it is possible, you need to salvage the season you have started. I would forget the streaming bit for now, because as Stoney pointed out, there is no point streaming something that no one turns up to, and your best racers are running the stream atm.

Yeah it'll be scrapped, from round 3 (next round) we hope to have this championship back on its feet, as it is something that should attract attention but it isn't. I have had to go away to England pretty rushed, and unfortunetly, I thought I would be around, but from rnd.3, it'll be run much more structured, we will wipe the slate clean, it'll be like a new championship with the old points scored, and the results, this has been trial and error, and a very productive season, so we hope the drivers will come back, and it will be ran as well as some of the bigger leagues, and we hope that it attracts big grids in the future. I talk with Stoney about this a fair bit, as I think he's spot on when it comes to issues like these ones, he's an experienced league admin, who's helped me, and I appreciate that, he gives good advice, that isn't 'harsh', it's productive, which is the only sort of advice that will help any series go forward.

James
dude please dont scrap this seaason even if theres 9 of us all 9 of us enjoy it
Quote from brt900 :dude please dont scrap this seaason even if theres 9 of us all 9 of us enjoy it

The season won't be scrapped
Don't worry about the series being scrapped, it WON'T happen

The admins are adding big improvments to this series, which will only make it stronger. The new techniques we use will also be carried across to the TBO Challenge (sign up here, sorry but i saw an oppertunity to plug the series :tilt so that the TBO Challenge will be a very succesfull series running side by side with this.

Cheers lads
Reading the thread helps. Especially the two posts previous to that one...
Me again ,

Just to add once more, im happy to help with advice or whatever's required. I dont like to see series die, or start out and just stop without a champion (ok, its never me, but ho hum).

If it's not too much trouble James (and co), i'd like to place myself back on the grid for Round 3.. Would that be possible? (It's Mother's Day that day, so anything I can do to get away from family would be great)

Cheers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG