The online racing simulator
MoE rules, common sense, ad hoc ruling etc...
Due to being annoyed by some ruling of admin team during the last race I would like to make next statement and bring up some facts that will show my point of view to the public so that they too realize the level of incompetence by admin team not only during this last race by through out the season. So please, take your time, read through it and I'm sure you will realize what I'm talking about. Also feel free to comment (if admins do not delete or lock this thread)

1. skin issue:
Rule is clear, we made a mistake by using wrong LFS installation with old skin, but we had: correct number plate, correct sunstrip, correct driver names, correct MoE logo, and the only thing that was missing was race logo (we had 24h race logo). The fact is that some teams use so small race logos that they are hardly visible, but because we were fair enough to this league we maximized race logo whenever we could, that is why our 24h race logo was noticeable, and brought it to admins attention.
Another fact about this issue is that this will not make any difference to our performance and would not interfere with performance of any other car on the track.
Moreover, the fact is that one other car, also had a 24h race logo, which went unpunished... how about it? I will not name it, but unfortunately, because it is only one team, name will come up, its admins job, not mine. Sorry to the team in question I hope you will not lose anything by it.
And another fact is that, by the rules, penalty for "car with NO livery" is not DT as we were given. Another point of incompetence or common sense by admins?

2. driver naming issue
Taking similarities of this skin issue with driver name rule, which is well written and so damn clear that I really don't know why admins do not utilize it, because they are the ones who wrote it.
It clearly says what format name we have to use, and what are the penalties. Yet through out the season, 5 races, we see people not having their name right. Moreover, when this rule is broken, driver in question needs to change his name, which is not the case with skin issue. Also this wrong name can not make driver faster, or make others interfered by it, but still they are forced by rules to change it. And guess what, the rule is there, and admins do not utilize it as they should, even in this race there were numerous drivers with wrong name format and I will not name anyone, that is admins job... and there were a lot of drivers with wrong names. How is skin issue different from the name issue when the name rule is even more strict?
Admins would probably call it a common sense.

3. driver nominations issue
Again we see clear statement of deadline for driver nominations, and I don't really care what you ad hoc allow or not, when it is not written anywhere. That common sense is so far very questionable so I don't really know how anyone can take it seriously. As stated by admins this is due to common sense...

4. point not related to admin team, but to fellow competitors
I got flaming from a certain person here that I see that was erased and I really hope he saw my answer, it would be good to him.
We see many drivers very unaware of situation on track. I still hold this league as the best in LFS, and teams in it as best as LFS can provide, but still I'm puzzled about some drivers... I can be regularly found on mirc during the race because I'm not driving, and you can communicate with me that way if you want to bring to my team attention some blue flag issue or whatever that we can work out in the way that is the best for both teams. Also I try to do it myself but some teams are deaf to it...
Blue flag issue is the most interesting one. Not only in this race, I saw some drivers very arrogant or whatever over blue flag, and it is not the same to every driver on track... like "oh no, here's spdo coming, let them pass quickly, they are big team" - compared to - "Serbian Racers, who are they, who cares about letting them pass in a nice clean way" (team names are just for example) even though Serbian Racers at that moment can have a driver that is far quicker than driver about to be lapped. It's just wrong behavior...

I know many people will not like me because of my protests. I don't need you to like me, I want you to be fair to me as a fellow participant as I am to you. That's all I care about. Even if by this I become persona non grata, you can not deny me and the facts presented here.

Summary (most important points in this novel of mine):
- not all the rules and punishments are the same for every team
- common sense questionable, and differentiates from rule to rule and from team to team

thnx for reading, leave a comment,
best regards,
Milan
manager of AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team
I get your point in this, but what i dont get is what u want out of it?
#3 - DreaF
Nobody is perfect.
The admins spend their freetime for this league and not many persons would do that for 0$/€. This league is best teamleague in LFS and one of the best organised.
They are doing a great job here, but it is not possible to solve every problem the way everybody wants. You can discuss the things you do not like in this league with them and i think they will do everything do help and solve your problems.

If you think, you can do a better job, than join the adminteam and make it better
I know we can not revert some things now, but the conclusions need to be taken into account for future references...

I expect ruling to be more transparent, admins to step out and admit when they are wrong, drivers too... generally speaking and not to admins or racers - I know we are all humans, it is natural to make mistakes, but how much human you are depends on how you handle your mistakes and what actions do you take about them.

I expect rules same for everyone, no more ad hoc rules known to admins and certain persons only, we should be all equal here.
I expect admins not to act on their questionable common sense anymore but by the rules which are written already or write down some addition to them. Their common sense will not get high value with me again, hardly ever again...

I'm not pointing to certain admin, because I do not and I do not want to know who stands by some decisions.

EDIT:
For sure admins do hell of a job here, but the truth is that the level of it goes down...
Rules are the same for everyone.

We admit when we are wrong.

We were not wrong in our decisions in this race, in our opinion.

As stated in the protest thread, if you have an issue with the admin team you should bring it directly to us rather than making a thread like this. This is your last warning.

Thanks.
These threads will be deleted in 1 day.

Protests can be filled in the appropiate thread. One other thread with a similar, non constructive, context will result in different reponse.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG