The online racing simulator
6 Hours of Blackwood GP: Protests
State your protest here:

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap,
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time
• And a short description from your point of view.

Include a replay with at least 10s before and 10s after the event for which you protest (link). Additionally a movie of the incident may be useful as well, but protests have to include a replay.

Free sites to upload movies are: http://www.mediafire.com
http://www.rapidshare.com
#2 - Gil07
Protest, #38 against #40
• Lap 2 (right after start)
• 35, 38 and 40
• Turn after the backstretch, right after the start
• Coming up to the turn, AMT #40 moved to the left, into F1RST #35, sending him into SR #38, sending both cars spinning and costing us massive amounts of time.

Replay here.
Protest: #17 agains #19
Lap: Green flag lap
Teams involved: #17 (SpeedCore), #19 (ConeDodgers), #15 (n1)
Sector: second sector
Time:0h.2mins.52secs

My description of the accident:
When the green flag is given #17 is passing #15 in the inside, so is #19 in the outside but he doesn´t have space and don't want to lose any speed so he goes to the grass and when #19 returns to the track hits #15 that hits #17. Consequently #15 and #17 spin out causing damage to both #15 and #17 cars.

EDIT: ops, forgot the replay --> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mm3mmrjjzdj
Quote from Gil07 :Protest, #38 against #40
• 35, 38 and 40
• Coming up to the turn, AMT #40 moved to the left, into F1RST #35, sending him into SR #38, sending both cars spinning and costing us massive amounts of time.

Replay here.

i wanted to protest about the same as the thing above and his explenation shows it perfect.
This may sound silly but I will protest against every team for warming tires under warm up lap, yeah you read it right.

rule says:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=972079#post972079

Quote :During the formation lap it is not allowed to swerve from left to right, or overly accelerate/brake (so called tire heating). During single file teams are expected to follow the normal race line and during the dual file formation. Teams are expected to allow about half a car length between the car in front, and the car next to him.

Reasoning: Sudden, unexpected, movements make it hard for teams to follow the single file formation procedure. Half a car length difference between the car in front and next to should allow a safer starting procedure.
Outcome: Drivers who fail to follow the above guidelines can be protested and are subject to be penalized.The type of penalty depends on the severity and impact of the offense.

So we file protest for:
1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 11, 9, 15, 18, 17, 10, 19, 14, 7, 35, 34, 38, 30, 32, 37, 33, 36

That is the main reason for some of the accidents we saw in first lap. Some had warm tires and others did not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
About our penalty for skin:
Rule says "with NO livery"

If it is ok to get a penalty for having 75% of correct racing livery (sunstrip, number plate, correct names) and not having only logo of race, and not be able to take common sense in account there, than I don't know why we would do it in case of warm up lap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another protest:

against car number #07, exiting pit and nearly taking us #40 off!
time mark after 1h18min

EDIT: more info soon
Quote from GTR_PT :Protest: #17 agains #19
Lap: Green flag lap
Teams involved: #17 (SpeedCore), #19 (ConeDodgers), #15 (n1)
Sector: second sector
Time:0h.2mins.52secs

My description of the accident:
When the green flag is given #17 is passing #15 in the inside, so is #19 in the outside but he doesn´t have space and don't want to lose any speed so he goes to the grass and when #19 returns to the track hits #15 that hits #17. Consequently #15 and #17 spin out causing damage to both #15 and #17 cars.

EDIT: ops, forgot the replay --> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mm3mmrjjzdj

#19 caused the incident, dt given
• 35, 38 and 40

Replay here.

What do you expect us to do?
car #07 was spining on track in front of us, yellow flag, trying to avoid it and not taking #35 and #38... our driver did the best he could do. Or should we crash into spinning car so you have enough room there to pass?

I'll say it again: yellow flag situation... I should protest against #35 and #38 for trying to pass under yellow, luckily for you two, you did not complete the pass.
Quote from Dragonmen :What do you expect us to do?
car #07 was spining on track in front of us, yellow flag, trying to avoid it and not taking #35 and #38... our driver did the best he could do. Or should we crash into spinning car so you have enough room there to pass?

I'll say it again: yellow flag situation... I should protest against #35 and #38 for trying to pass under yellow, luckily for you two, you did not complete the pass.

Sorry there was space enough to just keep his line there since that car spinning was mainly in the gras.
• 35, 38 and 40

Replay here.

There are several issues at play here. First of all, the #40 is ahead of the #35, with the nose of the #35 at his quarterpanel. The #35 is, in turn, ahead of the #38 with the #38's nose at his rear quarterpanel. This situation makes it very difficult for the #40 to know he is three-wide. Moreover, the #40 sees the #07 spinning to the inside of the straight and possibly re-entering the track into his path. It's understandable that he would move to the left.

However, all three cars are at fault here for going full-throttle into a yellow-flag situation with cars spinning on both sides of the track. None showed any intention to use caution, and this incident was the result.

This is a racing incident. No penalty. Moreover, all three cars receive a warning for questionable yellow flag behavior.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Sorry there was space enough to just keep his line there since that car spinning was mainly in the gras.

agree
#11 - CSF
Quote from Dragonmen :This may sound silly but I will protest against every team for warming tires under warm up lap, yeah you read it right.

rule says:

So we file protest for:

That is the main reason for some of the accidents we saw in first lap. Some had warm tires and others did not...

You really ought to watch the replay and not make yourself look silly my friend. Your car's tyres are considerably warmer at the start than ours, and only a little less warm than Rudy's...
Quote from Dragonmen :This may sound silly but I will protest against every team for warming tires under warm up lap, yeah you read it right.

rule says:

So we file protest for:

The rule is to penalise against people causing accidents/incidents during the formation lap, the last line makes that pretty clear IMO. So, assuming there was an incident involving 1,5,3,4,2...... while they were weaving, not really sure what your protest is, but im guessing i can forsee the success of it.
Quote from CSF :You really ought to watch the replay and not make yourself look silly my friend. Your car's tyres are considerably warmer at the start than ours, and only a little less warm than Rudy's...

and how we did it?
#14 - CSF
Quote from Dragonmen :and how we did it?

Your driver was turning hard into every corner, thus making his fronts warm, and was drifting out of some of the right handers. Thus heating his tyres in a different way. You will see our tyres are still blue, with not a trace of green, thus your "protest" is silly.
Include the following in your protest
• Lap 92,
• Team Inferno #16 against #06 spdo Racing
• Lap 92, Sector 2, 1:45h~
• Spdo racing pulled into our car while braking. We were clearly besides them. They shot us off in the gravel we lost 25 seconds. Our car is damaged. We will need a repair when pitstop.

Replay will be provided at about 14:15h~
Quote from PaulC2K :The rule is to penalise against people causing accidents/incidents during the formation lap, the last line makes that pretty clear IMO. So, assuming there was an incident involving 1,5,3,4,2...... while they were weaving, not really sure what your protest is, but im guessing i can forsee the success of it.

protesting against warm up lap thing is just to show, if we take into account our penalty for skin, how silly is decision making about penalties...

yeah, dont expect admins to give penalty to every one who weaved, its common sense, as it should have been with our skin (1 out of 4 things was wrong on our skin), but no... that was not the case...
Quote from CSF :Your driver was turning hard into every corner, thus making his fronts warm, and was drifting out of some of the right handers. Thus heating his tyres in a different way. You will see our tyres are still blue, with not a trace of green, thus your "protest" is silly.

is it called weaving?

as you should already get it by now, it is clear that it was not protest against teams but against rule conduct...
Quote from Dragonmen :protesting against warm up lap thing is just to show, if we take into account our penalty for skin, how silly is decision making about penalties...

yeah, dont expect admins to give penalty to every one who weaved, its common sense, as it should have been with our skin (1 out of 4 things was wrong on our skin), but no... that was not the case...

Of anyone who's ever posted in the MoE forum, i think you'll have a hard time finding someone who's made that point more times than me, but the rule is there to penalise people who are driving without due caution before the race goes green.
Quote from Dragonmen :Another protest:

against car number #07, exiting pit and nearly taking us #40 off!
time mark after 1h18min

EDIT: more info soon

We've looked at this incident and have decided to give #40 a warning for overly aggressive driving. #07 exited the pits clearly ahead of #40 with no problems. #07 had a small slide in the chicane due to cold tyres but the #40 car didn't lift and tried to pass on the outside, causing contact. #40 had nothing to be gained by trying to pass the GT1 car.
Quote from baSh0r :Include the following in your protest
• Lap 92,
• Spdo racing pulled into our car while braking. We were clearly besides them. They shot us off in the gravel we lost 25 seconds. Our car is damaged. We will need a repair when pitstop.

We've looked at this incident and decided to apply a drive through penalty to car #06 for causing an avoidable incident.
Quote from baSh0r :Include the following in your protest
• Lap 92,

here is the link to the replay: http://uploaded.to/?id=wbvjip
Quote from amp88 :We've looked at this incident and have decided to give #40 a warning for overly aggressive driving. #07 exited the pits clearly ahead of #40 with no problems. #07 had a small slide in the chicane due to cold tyres but the #40 car didn't lift and tried to pass on the outside, causing contact. #40 had nothing to be gained by trying to pass the GT1 car.

but a lot to lose with uncompetitive (sorry but that is true) GT1 car... they are exiting pit lane, slower speed, colder tyres, of course we want to pass and not lose time there... and more over their driver had a slide...

and yet we get a warring...
Quote from amp88 :We've looked at this incident and decided to apply a drive through penalty to car #06 for causing an avoidable incident.

they lost 10 seconds with the DT, we lost at least a minute with the off track encounter and the repairs. how is that fair?
remembering the accident of South City, where we accidently hit spdo as they turned in and we couldnt avoid and they lost some seconds.

We got a DT.

Not mentioning that our race got ruined by this. Thanks a lot
Quote from baSh0r :remembering the accident of South City, where we accidently hit spdo as they turned in and we couldnt avoid and they lost some seconds.

We got a DT.

Not mentioning that our race got ruined by this. Thanks a lot

Well I don't think the South City incident is really relevant, and imo that was clearly a mistake by your driver.

However, I'd agree that considering the time you lost today the leniency our penalty does seem a little unfair, though I guess that's a fault in the rules and not with the admins.

6 Hours of Blackwood GP: Protests
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG