The online racing simulator
Round 1 Appeals and Penalties
State the description, lap and race please, and whinge away
Race 1 - Lap 1 - Turn 1

Set off from the line in first, kept the position all the way around the banked oval turn and then on exit of this the #33 car made contact with the side of my car, causing me to spin off into the wall and leave my suspension totally collapsed - it took about 2 minutes to get back to the pits and by the time I had came out of the pits I was about to be lapped by the leaders.

I watched the replay, from above view I can see that I came straight out of the corner and wasn't weaving about, the #33 car however comes out on the inside of me, starts to pass and then flicks from right to left into my car, hitting me off.

Replay:
http://www.imagetwist.co.uk/files/FO8league1.mpr
#3 - J@tko
I watched this straight after it happened and said to James it was a Racing Incident. I would like to know what custom view Pete uses, if its like mine then I can see why. I think he was expecting you to move across now that he was on your inside, but you didnt cos Rik was there...

I won't declare anything at the min, but I think it was Pete's fault.
Race 2 - Lap 6ish

#48 FOX runs me into the gravel when I am lapping him.
#5 - J@tko
Greg was never going to make the apex of the corner after braking that late, AND there was a lapping car on the outside.....
I was the lapping car on the outside, and he ran into me....he should be more careful when he knows people are lapping him.
Well I apologize, you took me off guard, I did not mean to...and most other cars lapped me with no problem.
Quote from mcintyrej :Race 1 - Lap 1 - Turn 1

Set off from the line in first, kept the position all the way around the banked oval turn and then on exit of this the #33 car made contact with the side of my car, causing me to spin off into the wall and leave my suspension totally collapsed - it took about 2 minutes to get back to the pits and by the time I had came out of the pits I was about to be lapped by the leaders.

I watched the replay, from above view I can see that I came straight out of the corner and wasn't weaving about, the #33 car however comes out on the inside of me, starts to pass and then flicks from right to left into my car, hitting me off.

Replay:
http://www.imagetwist.co.uk/files/FO8league1.mpr

I've come to a decision with you having a small lag hit, and pete not leaving enough room (not his fault as it looked like you were going to drive a different direction....)

Conclusion: bad luck.... nothing more to make of it.
-
(pacesetter) DELETED by pacesetter
After watching this, I understand that #48 was late on the brakes... which was the reason the crash started, and as far as i'm concerned, this was causing an avoidable incident .

Conclusion: #48 will be watched under close scrutiny for the next 3 races, and issued with an OFFICIAL CAUTION, With a +10 second penalty also. Nothing more may be issued from this as Kenneth wouldn't have went on to win the race or reach the podium as he timed out later on in the race.
A caution with a penalty.......
Please explain how that works
Quote from Wilko868 :A caution with a penalty.......
Please explain how that works

Should a driver do it again he will be suspended, on top of that he has a 10 second penalty.... and he has withdrawn already
Yeah but how can you caution somebody AND give them a penalty.
Cautions don't work like that, if you penalise somebody, you are doing something, not just warning him.
Quote from Wilko868 :Yeah but how can you caution somebody AND give them a penalty.
Cautions don't work like that, if you penalise somebody, you are doing something, not just warning him.

Well his card is marked for suspension if you get me, he's withdrawn anyway,
#15 - bozo
Race 2 - Lap 1 - Turn 1

After having an incident in race 1 that took me out before the first turn (which turned out to be a rather innocuous contact by somebody driving past), I was determined to have a better start in race 2. As I came into turn 1, I had a car to my left so I slowed to ensure we both got through the turn. As I got to the apex, car 29 performed a very optimistic manoeuvre, taking the inside line. Before the corner there was no overlap. As he came through on the inside, contact was made that sent my car into a spin.

I have been in many series now where if you make contact with another driver and gain advantage, you should wait for the innocent driver to regain their position. This did not happen in this case.

I know car 29 went on and had a very good race, with some excellent close racing. My lap times were very consistently similar, and without that turn 1 incident I would have been in the close battle for position 2 and 3 in the Fox class. I think that this series has an excellent future, but I would like drivers to be aware of how to drive on lap 1, especially turn 1, to ensure a good race is had by all.
All protests must be lodged for 22:00 GMT tongiiht
Quote from bozo :Race 2 - Lap 1 - Turn 1

After having an incident in race 1 that took me out before the first turn (which turned out to be a rather innocuous contact by somebody driving past), I was determined to have a better start in race 2. As I came into turn 1, I had a car to my left so I slowed to ensure we both got through the turn. As I got to the apex, car 29 performed a very optimistic manoeuvre, taking the inside line. Before the corner there was no overlap. As he came through on the inside, contact was made that sent my car into a spin.

I have been in many series now where if you make contact with another driver and gain advantage, you should wait for the innocent driver to regain their position. This did not happen in this case.

I know car 29 went on and had a very good race, with some excellent close racing. My lap times were very consistently similar, and without that turn 1 incident I would have been in the close battle for position 2 and 3 in the Fox class. I think that this series has an excellent future, but I would like drivers to be aware of how to drive on lap 1, especially turn 1, to ensure a good race is had by all.

VERDICT: Turner gets on the brakes very very early, and I dont think Williams expected it, however, a dodgy line from Williams and he will be monitored further in the next two races, and any other offences like this will result in either a 10 Second penalty to his final time, or a pitlane penalty ( this is a penalty in which when qualifying starts, the driver can't leave the penalty until two minutes into the session, resulting in him losing time for putting in flying laps.)

RESULT: WARNING
-
(pacesetter) DELETED by pacesetter
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG