The online racing simulator
Round 1: Race Discussion and Penalties
well done to the top 3
#3 - f!nal
good race
race replay uploaded
gratz again
#6 - kaynd
Terrible race for us (GVRteam). After 2 disconnects in a very short time, an unscheduled pit for driver change fearing another DC and general instability, I finally managed to flip the car stupidly in this first chicane.

This is not the reason I am writing here though.
I want to apologize for the poor behavior of our driver who pushed n1Racing car (26) out of the right turn after the BL long straight when he had no right whatsoever in trying to overtake without having overlap before the turn in point.

Also I want to apologize for my mistakes, pushing a bit Serbian Hell Drivers car (08) at 1.41:43 replay time and blocking team inferno car at 1:41.45 replay time.
I misjudged the ability of car 08 to take the following right turn fast enough with the outside tires touching the grass a few meters earlier.
And as for the inferno driver I blocked just before the first chicane, I just didn’t expect another car to make a pass there. The only way I could avoid you, would be nearly stopping off line. I was in blue flag condition though, so sorry anyway.
1 - #21 Mercury Racing Team FZR
J.Laurila - 75.2% - 152
S.Stanger - 24.8% - 50
OMG... winning team DQ?:banghead:
Quote from hrabiaPL :1 - #21 Mercury Racing Team FZR
J.Laurila - 75.2% - 152
S.Stanger - 24.8% - 50
OMG... winning team DQ?:banghead:

No, it's counted by time, not by %.

AFAIK

Im finaly calm enough to get this in words.

Qualify: Our designated Hotlapper has Computer failure, his computer freeze for about 2 sec and when it comes around he is on his roof. not getting any qualifying time atall.

Race: After gettin in to some trouble with spinning cars in the early stage,and spinning in last corner, im finaly able to put down some good stable laps. all is good and we climb from p26 to p13.. then im gettin worried about tyertemp and try to hit F9.
FAILURE,, i press F8 were i have (HAD) a stupid bind regarding my own league. tadaa..DT..

Then after about 51 minutes the SC is deployed. my tyers gets cold and when greenflag is wawed i went full throttle thru the chickane. despite the cold tyers this would work fine. UNLESS.
my not so small dog(Mastiff) :dogrun:walks behind be and her tail smacks me:slap: deadon in the face. needless to say i got unfocused and missed the apx out of the chickane, flipped and ended on my roof.

Not the best start for Team SCCS :weeping:
I saw you Mike... VERY impresive driving... from a swede...

No I must state that your pace were to put you in the top 5 and maybe even higher... Good stuff maan... good stuff...

Quote from Who Cares :I saw you Mike... VERY impresive driving... from a swede...

No I must state that your pace were to put you in the top 5 and maybe even higher... Good stuff maan... good stuff...

Thx for putting salt in the wound m8..

hehe, we had it..and lost it. just break down and come back they say..
Quote from Easy_Mike :Thx for putting salt in the wound m8..

hehe, we had it..and lost it. just break down and come back they say..

Hmm... let me rephrase that one for you mate...

"We had it.. and --> I lost it'..."

Need anymore salt...??

No really Mike... You where AWESOME out there for while it lasted... a major 2 thumb's up... And as I said... you did absolutely belong in the top 5... And I know you would have if it were not for that little freak accident... Please put that dog to retirement...
Quote from Who Cares : Please put that dog to retirement...

Barbaqued mastiff anyone?
With some light redwine

Thx for the kind words btw.:bowdown:
According to our results, which are taken directly from the replay, Steffen Stanger only actually drove 51 laps, with Jonesy driving 151. Steffen actually drove about 50.99 laps, as the pit boxes at Blackwood are immediately before the s/f line - I guess the MoE tracker takes that as 50 laps but that surely isn't the correct way of doing it.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, it's counted by time, not by %.

The rule is not very clear:
Quote :No single driver may drive more than 75% (3 hours) of the race distance.

On one side it's talking about distance (thus metres thus laps) and on the other side about time.
I guess the admins will have to review the replay for checking both distance and time.
And the rule needs to be clarified anyway.
My point really is that either way it's calculated (time or laps) Merc did not exceed the limit. On IRC yesterday lots of people were saying that they went over on laps, but I don't believe that they did.
Gratz to podium.

Mercury great work and great race for You.

I think that doesnt metter if they drove 75.2% or 74.9% they are one of the best team on the world. ADMIN of championship will deside what will be happen with they. My personaly oppinion is that they are winner and I wouldn't give them penalty.
Official statement from the admins is that yes, the rule is slightly ambiguous (thanks to the use of the word "distance" where we actually mean "time") but since it explicitly states "3 hours" we will interpret it in that direction (as we did with 3id last season) and Mercury did not exceed 3 hours with a single driver.

It's all good.

The rule will be revised to be more clear in advance of round 2.
Just wanted to ask about the restarts, in the replay (This isn't a complaint towards Dave btw, AFAIK most people done it) But he is instructed to go slow untill the green flag is dropped, but goes allmost flat out of the first chicane. About 5 seconds later the green flag is dropped.

Just wondering what the format 'is' for the restarts, IMO the leader controlling the field seems quite fair, but it can sometimes go wrong, like when Inferno done the restart the First car got caught out and ended up losing quite alot of positions.

Nice race though.
Quote from Bawbag :Just wanted to ask about the restarts, in the replay (This isn't a complaint towards Dave btw, AFAIK most people done it) But he is instructed to go slow untill the green flag is dropped, but goes allmost flat out of the first chicane. About 5 seconds later the green flag is dropped.

Just wondering what the format 'is' for the restarts, IMO the leader controlling the field seems quite fair, but it can sometimes go wrong, like when Inferno done the restart the First car got caught out and ended up losing quite alot of positions.

Nice race though.

Quote :Rule G2: When the SC enters the final sector, it will quickly accelerate away from the field and enter the pit lane. At this point the lead car should begin to gradually accelerate. The lead car should not brake (except in the case of natural braking points) once it has begun to accelerate. Once the lead car has entered the designated green flag zone, the green flag may be displayed.

In general, the procedure was correct during this race--the only problem was that most of the lead cars took "gradually accelerate" to mean "floor it." In our opinion, the leader should not have his foot to the floor until the green flag is shown. There is a designated "green flag area" in which the green flag will be shown, so the leader can be ready to mash the gas.
Quote from Bawbag :Just wanted to ask about the restarts, in the replay (This isn't a complaint towards Dave btw, AFAIK most people done it) But he is instructed to go slow untill the green flag is dropped, but goes allmost flat out of the first chicane. About 5 seconds later the green flag is dropped.

Nice race though.

yah i got anal blasted there 3rd to 15th..

than back to 3rd after like 20 laps.

from my view inferno looked like they floored it, i saw 3id go so i went then i saw 3id brake and was like oh fak, touched his rear (im sorry for damage) and then i got smashed in rear by CD (how ironic )

nevermind, all part of fun :P
#22 - osen
I feel I have to make an apology. In the qual session, I had some technical issues resulting in my computer freezing and when it came to life again I was lying on the roof. I watched the replay and I can tell that the number 26 car hit me resulting in destroyed flying lap and damage. I'm am very sorry for this, it was not intentional at all. I was reaching for Shift+S as soon as it unfreeze'd and I saw the track upside down, but it would not recognize the key pressing until several seconds later.

So, I'm very sorry for this incident and want to apologize to car (team) number 26, n1Racing.

Round 1: Race Discussion and Penalties
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG