The online racing simulator
£5/Month to Race on CTRA ?
(50 posts, closed, started )
Would you pay £5/month to race on CTRA again? (or whatever it renamed to)

If there was enough people willing to pay ,then there would be funds available for wages for race admin etc.

I would be happy to pay to have licensed servers with reporting system.The though of wreckers on public servers sends shivers down my spine .

200 racers=£1000/month. 500 racers=£2500/month.How many drivers were active before the shut down?

Turbo Dad
No, I wouldn't.

Part of the reason I drive LFS is because there is no monthly fee. I might consider a one-time donation in order to help get a system running, but I wouldn't pay monthly.
No, I wouldn't.

Part of the reason I used to drive LFS is because there is no monthly fee. I might consider a one-time donation in order to help get a system running, but I wouldn't pay monthly.
#4 - troy
No, if I want to pay monthly for something I'll get iracing.
No way, this is not iRicing.
however great you think there service is, its a non developer service inside a game, i wonder if the eula actually allows for that?
No LFS is so fun becaus of free online so NO for me
i wouldn't too. i bought s2 and i won't pay CTRA crew to play online.
me nether
I don't really enjoy driving the demo cars around Fern Bay every time I go online.

No from me.
nope i wouldnt, for the main reason that if they didnt have so many servers then it would be half as hard to run
Nope Sorry. Lots of good clean racing to be had for free.

See -RSR server
-dMR server
-NDR server
-CR server
-FM server
-Conedodgers server
-NARA servers
- and lots of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Nope.
Not worth for those who pay a fiver for the occasional 5 car grid.

iRental is the way to go then.

Stop trying to bring CTRA back, it doesn't work like this.

UKCT probably has made their conclusions of where it went wrong and what they could have done differently, and it already has been stated that it won't be back. So why bother/troll?

No use crying over spilled milk.
The only LFS based thing that has required money (that I can think of) died on it's arse anyway - eTM.
I would not pay £5 per month, it wouldn't be worth it, simple as that
Quote from Turbo Dad :Would you pay £5/month to race on CTRA again? (or whatever it renamed to)

If there was enough people willing to pay ,then there would be funds available for wages for race admin etc.

I would be happy to pay to have licensed servers with reporting system.The though of wreckers on public servers sends shivers down my spine .

200 racers=£1000/month. 500 racers=£2500/month.How many drivers were active before the shut down?

Turbo Dad

If you wanna make money from it use adds. But CTRA wasnt made for money but for the love of the game. And secondly if you gonna make money what would the devs think off it?.

CTRA was good while it lasted. They have made the system better. In mine point of view the best that was out there. They made the desiscion not to come back, respect that. Stop trying to get it back. Like Fuse said, NO use crying over spilled milk. Not saying CTRA is spilled milk far from that but you know what the meaning off it is.

A monthly few would make the game totally different and would loose its publicity it has.
TBH for not much more than £5 a month you could host your own dedicated server and simply kick off anybody you didn't like.
Nope. I prefer close, clean and fair racing without all the stats, points and licenses. And there's plenty of that now that CTRA is gone, it seems. If it will stay that way remains to be seen, but I hardly raced on CTRA anymore anyway, since I discovered the joys of well run public team servers.

Besides, Christopher Raemish said that CTRA won't be coming back in its current form, money or no.
IMO the death of CTRA has been one of the best things to happen to LFS in a long time. The amount of quality, fun, clean racing in classes rarely used before is great. Stop moping about the loss of CTRA and start driving at NDR or RSR!

Chris
Sam already said, money will not bring CTRA back, just accept its gone.
this is stating to get anounging it like

"When is the VW Scirocco being released?"
we got hundreds of the ****ing above topics And it seems this is going the same way.

CTRA is gone It may be back, it may not.

and any one here the saying

Life's a B***h, and then you die
Nope. Not at the moment anyway, there are plenty of good servers where you can have a blast.
#24 - AMB
The quality of racing on CTRA is balls, I first race on there and it was great close and clean, now I actually can't finish a race.... good that CTRA's gone it allows other servers to be full, RSR and NDR is much cleaner aswell since the admins actually do their job, once there was a crasher on CTRA and an admin on the server, he said to report it.... why can't you just take 1 minute to watch him and ban?

anyway hope it doesn't come back.

E: Post 1337, iz atez my l33t-a-b1x t0dayz.
LOL AT UR POSTS AMB, 1.337!

anyway, im not paying anything to drive on CTRA.
This thread is closed

(50 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG