The online racing simulator
So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
wow, now i have a pre-LFS life, and a post-CTRA life.
will it be ok?
sad that people arguing because great system like ctra was shut down...peoples true nature seems to brust out here, at least now it seems how polite and civilised some people could be...
Now lets put our hands together and thank becky and UKCT for this marvellous system and time we spent using it!
:clapclap:

Thankyou for the many years of happy racing..
Quote from -NightFly- :sad that people arguing because great system like ctra was shut down...peoples true nature seems to brust out here, at least now it seems how polite and civilised some people could be...
Now lets put our hands together and thank becky and UKCT for this marvellous system and time we spent using it!

CTRA isn't dead guys, before Christmas I started work on the 4th installment of the server management concept. There are some things that bothered me over X-System:

Firstly tiered servers/licences or not for everybody. There hasn't been any new landmarks/features for some time, and for all it's web/ingame integration it just doesnt reach far enough. Also, the fact it was limited to 1 operator gave 1 group too much of a responsibility to bear.

The last point came about because server management tools need a machine to run on. I know Franky has done an excellent job integrating LFS Lapper into his server hosting, and lapper is a great tool in it's own way, but I want to move things on a bit. More inter-server integration, on a mass scale, for both pickup and league racing. A sort of CTRA/spdo/LFSWorld all rolled into one, combined with all the in server power of X-System but, well, more developed... X-System is old, it was developed in a rush because the servers where down without it, and it's featureset has room for massive growth.

So imagine an LFS where all the feautres of X-System and more where available to every server operator, imagine every server operator integrating neetly into 1 web portal with all the backend support for leagues, licence systems, wrecker handling etc that you could ask for.

Blue 2 is an opt-in system for server operators, with every feature being an option, further, it is not necessary to be running the software to handle it - it is a distributed computing network being built on neural network concepts, with several big teams and Franky having expressed an interest in running one or more nodes it should have sufficient capacity to handle the entirety of LFS, It is X-System for everyone.

So imagine if you will, that whatever server you go on, you have features of X-System appropriate to that server. Perhaps the server has set rolling restarts on, or has enabled warmup laps (great for league races), or maybe you are taking part in a 20 server x 24 hour race and you want to know your aggregate position or your team (on the website spectator tool) wants to send a message to just their driver who is not on voice chat... Or maybe you just want to know when your friends are online [on another server] and message them...

This is what I aim to achieve with Blue 2. I am to launch it toward the end of this year, currently I have a stable multi-threaded core application handling some basic web-configured rules and next up i'm tackling the neural network side of things. It has a long way to go before I am even ready to start testing.

CTRA might be dead, but CTRA was only edition 3. Edition 4 is coming, it's called Blue2 and it will be for everyone who wants it, and I hope ultimately open sourced. I'm hoping it will do what I always hoped CTRA+LFS World would do, to enhance the core LFS experience, without screen spam and without taking anything away from the game or getting in the way. I want it to only enhancing the pleasure of racing in LFS.

There where mistakes in X-System, and I wont be repeating them. I shall make new ones instead.
Quote from Becky Rose :There where mistakes in X-System, and I wont be repeating them. I shall make new ones instead.

Haha, spoken like a true software developer.
I'm so glad I don't play LFS anymore...
Quote from Becky Rose :So imagine if you will, that whatever server you go on, you have features of X-System appropriate to that server. Perhaps the server has set rolling restarts on, or has enabled warmup laps (great for league races), or maybe you are taking part in a 20 server x 24 hour race and you want to know your aggregate position or your team (on the website spectator tool) wants to send a message to just their driver who is not on voice chat... Or maybe you just want to know when your friends are online [on another server] and message them...

Are you talking about something akin to a SOA layer? I make web services calls into the "LFS Service Bus" and transactions such as instant messages, race results, fastest laps etc are provided to server operators?
great news becky, it would be more easy to make an own server community with that what you are promise
please keep us up to date with it
Good luck Becky. That's good to see that there's still some people on the boat.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The prospect seems ever more tempting!

Seems great Becky, GL with the project.

Yeah, there are a lot more important things in life than dealing with a soap opera, it's really killed any enjoyment I could have had playing LFS.

Speed7 pedals up for sale if anyone is interested.
hehe, becky in action, glad to hear...can't wait for it, might get my intrest in lfs back again
as usual if any help needed with anything just shout, there will be billions of people rushing towards to help, i'm sure of it!
Quote from Becky Rose :CTRA isn't dead guys, before Christmas I started work on the 4th installment of the server management concept.

I'm a bit relieved to hear that... for non-pro and more importantly occasional "sunday drivers" like me Race 1 and UF-BR was almost the only possibility. I'm really sad that this opportunity has gone now as I bough my G25 three weeks ago But let's hope the best!
-
(Christopher Raemisch) DELETED by Christopher Raemisch

Now S14 cant kick my ass in XFG anymore
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :[..]

Oh, I had no idea... well, until this day I haven't even known about them.
Anyway what happened it's happened. First of all it would be a good idea to look for - or make - some servers that offer the same combos that CTRA did. Or at least, have some servers with the former CTRA racers. Well if that's possible...
Quote from G!NhO :

Now S14 cant kick my ass in XFG anymore

Hah, consider yourself lucky!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hah, consider yourself lucky!

No, now i cannot annoy you with my "headlights ON all the time" anymore
You could never keep up anyway, so it wasn't an issue. <3
Dammit, you are right.
Becky,

Your new project sounds great, but could I ask for a little tact please? I'm trying to work out what's to be done here with CTRA, and I'd rather read constructive discussions about that.

I thought about PMing, but I don't want any bad feeling or animosity, so out in the open seemed better.
These threads are causing people to ask, both in this thread, the last one and in PM. I thought about posting it in the STCC section, but figured i'd still keep getting asked.

I'm having to hold my tongue through so much at the moment, and even spotted another deleted post from a former team member. I am being as tactful and gracious as I can possibly be because I want the best for the community, and i'm really not interested in perpetuating a petit vendetta.

I think it's great that there are folk willing to take up CTRA again, and i'll not mention Blue 2 further (actually had no intention of saying more at this time anyway) seeing as there is a better short term solution on the cards again now .
All I Want is to race other drivers who share my value's.
I got this from day one In LFS with SCCC, Team400, DRT, Fusion, SR, Vmax,Mercury, Redline Racing, Conedodgers, STCC, CTRA and many other servers, the enjoyment doesn't come from Stats or badges.

I don't do LFS politics ,What makes a server for me Is not who runs It but the drivers who race in it.
If you want good racing, you have to race good.

My thanks to all who waded through the replays in CTRA for the last couple of years, If It was me It would've turned into a scene from the Shining.

Where did I put that Axe?
I don't want to get involved in any arguments, but I do want to say a few things...

Thank you greatly to everyone who worked on CTRA and the X system etc, regardless of how much credit you were given. A lot of people, including me, are very, very grateful for your work. You have provided the best servers I have seen in LFS by far, and there are loads of great servers out there!

Becky, I wish you the best of luck with your 'Blue 2' project, it sounds awesome, and that's just from hearing the few small details you've given us! I respect the fact that you don't want to give out much info just yet, but aww...come on! I'm sooo curious Nah, keep it to yourself if you want, but release it soon!

SamH, I wish you the best of health, you haven't been quite right lately. Burnout is a nasty thing, though I like the games! It's not good to see two nice people fight, regardless of who is right or wrong. I don't think anyone exept Becky and you know the full details. Everyone, if they want to argue, let it be between themselves.

Good luck also to all trying to get CTRA, or CTRA-like servers up for a possibly short-term solution - UKCT, Christofire etc.
This thread is closed

So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG