The online racing simulator
So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
now cups will wellcome more people i think
i dont know what to say and i feel a bit guilty that i was sorta one of the instigaters begin the argument that sam said made his mind up

im not really sure what im personally gonna do, unstructured racing isnt quite the same to me mayeb ill have to turn to leauges
i have made a gt2 server for the race 3 fans.... i will shut down it when ctra is up again
Lightning Racing GT2 Club
Only the track rotation does not work now :/

feel free to join us racing
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :i have made a gt2 server for the race 3 fans.... i will shut down it when ctra is up again
Lightning Racing GT2 Club
Only the track rotation does not work now :/

feel free to join us racing

Racername: KR. Tomba
Online at: [url="lfs://%7CLightning+Racing+GT2+Club%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Lightning Racing GT2 Club[/url]

yaaah was the first ones who was in there right right?
Quote from james12s :i dont know what to say and i feel a bit guilty that i was sorta one of the instigaters begin the argument that sam said made his mind up

im not really sure what im personally gonna do, unstructured racing isnt quite the same to me mayeb ill have to turn to leauges

no worries, i'm sure there will be similiar thing up soon enough
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Racername: KR. Tomba
Online at: [url="lfs://%7CLightning+Racing+GT2+Club%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Lightning Racing GT2 Club[/url]

yaaah was the first ones who was in there right right?

jup, server just restarting because of an windows update, should be back in 1 minute
Quote from tristancliffe :You'd be happy to put in several hundred pounds over the course of a year or two would you? You'd be happy to sit at the computer and instead of playing LFS simply file through thousands of petty reports filed by idiots against idiots, and have to pay for that privilege? You'd be happy to have people think you are biased all the time against certain parts of the community?

No, I thought not.

Tristan, I'd happily pay, say.. £5-£10 a month to help support CTRA. I'd happily deal with reports, as I only do a few races a night now, as I simply can't be bothered.

Most people on this forum think I'm a dick (and they have a point!:razz anyway, so it's not like that would matter.

But then again, looks like Sam has just bailed with no explanation as to what he's done and where it's going from here, so if he doesn't care, neither do I.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
But then again, looks like Sam has just bailed with no explanation as to what he's done and where it's going from here, so if he doesn't care, neither do I.

Your an ignorant twat ya know that?

He said the workload was too much. Then people start flaming him over who owns what who made what. why should he bother? Does he even need to answer to you?

Its all good saying ill pay for this and that. put ya money where ya mouth is.

Let the man have a fkin break for christ sake
If you can't be bothered to race, why would you be bothered to look at hundreds of replays of other people having mostly stupid accidents or swearing at each other?

Does Sam have to give an explanation? It was a service he provided, and was not at any point considered a definite inclusion forever. If he wants to stop the service then he is entitled to do that. LFS survived before CTRA, and it will do so now. The difference is you won't have e-penis licences to brag about or earn. The same silly mistakes will occur on the track, and the same venting of aggression too, so it won't be that different really.
Quote from Rdcranno :Your an ignorant twat ya know that?

He said the workload was too much. Then people start flaming him over who owns what who made what. why should he bother? Does he even need to answer to you?

Its all good saying ill pay for this and that. put ya money where ya mouth is.

Let the man have a fkin break for christ sake

It's all very good saying "it's too much work". RECRUIT SOME BLOODY HELP! Why would it be so hard finding a few decent people from the community to help out, I'm sure plenty would.. if he's known about the issue for so long, why is it so hard to ask for some help?

It's all good offering if he doesn't pay a blind bit of attention to what we say..

Quote from tristancliffe :If you can't be bothered to race, why would you be bothered to look at hundreds of replays of other people having mostly stupid accidents or swearing at each other?

Does Sam have to give an explanation? It was a service he provided, and was not at any point considered a definite inclusion forever. If he wants to stop the service then he is entitled to do that. LFS survived before CTRA, and it will do so now. The difference is you won't have e-penis licences to brag about or earn. The same silly mistakes will occur on the track, and the same venting of aggression too, so it won't be that different really.

I get what you're saying. And yeah, I do agree.. (I don't race 'cause I'm fed up of ending up with a 25% YFR because people don't know how to race. I like(d) the CTRA X-System so it was the only server I really played on.)

No, you're right. Sam doesn't HAVE to give an explanation, but consdering there are 31,317 CTRA users, I'd guess 40-50% were 'active', it'd be nice, you know?
I suppose we will see if the shutdown affects the number of racers online.
The graphs are there for all to see.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's all very good saying "it's too much work". RECRUIT SOME BLOODY HELP! Why would it be so hard finding a few decent people from the community to help out, I'm sure plenty would..

It's all good offering if he doesn't pay a blind bit of attention to what we say..

Its not that simple, unless you've ever felt "burnout" from a project you've been heavily involved with, you have no idea how it feels.

Once you are in that position, all you want to do is distance yourself as far from the "project" as possible, regardless.

As Tristan says, LFS survived before, it will in the future, CTRA isn't LFS and vice versa, of course it will be missed, but people will adapt.

Of course, thats if CTRA is indeed gone indefinately, which of course we don't know for sure ATM.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Sam doesn't HAVE to give an explanation, but consdering there are 31,317 CTRA users, I'd guess 40-50% were 'active', it'd be nice, you know?

okey well he did in some way,
check his first post from the other topic and read the last post.

in other words , the guys over at ukct did put the most time in the project, but it doesnt give a shit. the one that makes the first line of code that gets the credit, (and about the posters in that threat; nice to see how a banned guy turns it in a war zone)

This is just a example, what people are saying :

Helllaluya for Mrs. Bill Gates, all the other game / applications makers sux, because they build it on his code

hope no one belives this.

anyhow , time will tell what is going to happen,
but i dont exect any ctra anymore, atleast when i was in the admin crew it would end here!

and please dont qoute this one
Quote from oldnavy :i think devs should donate to CTRA because without CTRA they will lose alot of players

So what? What good are the players to the devs. They already have their money.
I wasnt going to say this, but I see the community fighting with each other and I dont think that's helping any.

I suffered burn out running the STCC. When I threw the towel in Sam, who was at that time a good friend who I cared very much for, was very angry with me, livid infact, for closing them. He convinced me that it had become something bigger than 1 person, bigger than the team. It had become a part of LFS culture. His view was that if I could not run it then I should let go and pass it on to somebody who could.

Ignoring the fact that I had to come back to develop X for insim v4, I re-opened everything and passed it onto him. The details aren't important, the fact is rather than closing it down so everybody looses it, maybe the discussion here should be about seeing if there is a group who is willing to take on the burden of the CTRA.

I'll happily help any new group as much as I can in doing so, although i'm not looking to develop new features as i'd like to focus on blue2 development instead.
Quote :the one that makes the first line of code that gets the credit, (and about the posters in that threat; nice to see how a banned gay turns it in a war zone)

For the record there have been numerous attacks and digs these last few days that I left unanswered. I'm not interested in the argument or the fall out. I'm over it. Read my first post in that thread, and how I didnt comment on the digs made in the opening post. I did ultimately post because the people running the CTRA had turned on it's end users and I didn't like that. That is all.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :You read my thoughts exactly, thanks god someone told him again at last lol.

It's ok. I've been told many times before and don't need you to tell me what day of the week it is?
Guys seriously, spare the daggers it doesn't matter.

What's needed is Sam being willing to pass the project on, and a group with a Windows box being willing to run it, and some admins. If the discussion can be about sorting out those 3 things then the CTRA does not need to die.
No disrespect , but im sure LFS can survive and grow with or without CTRA.
I prefer the latter. I actually think a LFS without CTRA is more beneficial on the whole.
Maybe the community can really bond again now after the fragmentation caused by the dominating force that Is/Was CTRA.
You got a valid point there.

Was nice as long as it lasted, had my moments there, both good and bad. Thanks for the good system it was
now other servers become popular and all have chaches.

Everything changing
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Well if you been told that many times before surely it should be starting to sink in a little now...

If you weren't so quick to instigate shit, and be a generally ignorant *****, you'd have noticed a while back I had some issues and would take it out on the Forum. I've sinced sorted them and for 95% of the time I'm a fairly easy going and considerate forum member.

The other 5% (which is less pleasent) has almost exclusively been posted in here, where's there's so much bullshit, lies and untold truths going about that I think there's plenty being said that should need to be.

If Sam was serious about CTRA, he could have simply taken a step back and passed the buck onto either someone else in UKCT (I'm sure a glory hunter would have stepped up to the plate) on a temporary basis or recruited more people to deal with the reports and day to day running of the server gameplay wise. He's decided the best option would be to magically disappear, taking down the servers and deleted all the infomation on his profile, it seems to me like he's burried his head in the sand and left us with no decent organised racing to enjoy. (let alone an official report as to what he's done and if there is any future left).

I realy am done with posting in this thread.

As been said before, LFS can survive (although numbers will undoubtedly be down), and eventually people will either find other places to race or create thier own system(s), so apart from the thousands of people who've taken great pride into gaining lap records, achieving good, consistant finishes and clean driving, no-one loses anything other than another server.

Call me whatever you like, but that's all I have to say.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :... you'd have noticed a while back I had some issues and would take it out on the Forum. I've sinced sorted them and for 95% of the time I'm a fairly easy going and considerate forum member.

... If Sam was serious about CTRA, he could have simply taken a step back and passed the buck onto either someone else in UKCT ... He's decided the best option would be to magically disappear, taking down the servers and deleted all the infomation on his profile, it seems to me like he's burried his head in the sand and left us with no decent organised racing to enjoy.

Some of us have been willing to give you a second chance, assuming that your attitude was mostly due to circumstances that were getting on top of you. How about you do Sam the same courtesy?

He doesn't owe you or anybody else a place to race, and it seems he's decided he needs some time out. Leave him to it and be grateful that he put in all that effort over the years.
This thread is closed

So, that's it?
(134 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG