The online racing simulator
oneGP 2009 : Test Race
Hello:

There will be a oneGP Test Event held. Info follows:

Date: Sunday, 15th February 2009
Track: Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)
Server: NDR|Event Server
Password: PMed to Entered Competitors and Team Managers
Race Distance: 70 Laps (Set to 71 to accomodate formation lap)
Race Time Limit: 1h17m
18:00 UTC: 20 Minute Qualifying Session: As many laps as you wish. Telepitting or telespectatiing forbidden: Doing so will forefit the rest of your session. (A la IGTC, for example): Drivers who time out or lose connection will be allowed to rejoin.
18:27 UTC: Driver's Briefing
18:30 UTC: Race Start

How the formation lap will work: You will start as per standard LFS setup. Chalk grid lines will be drawn to assist in the forming up on the grid. You are to maintain your order as it was on the grid. If you spin, please safely make your way back to position (not as F1 does it, but for now, we'll do it this way). As you approach the grid agian after completing the fomation lap, slow down, and check the HUD which will tell you distance to you grid position. When it says "Ok" prepare for the start. WARNING: It may take a bit of time for the back of the grid to form - please make sure to keep yoru engine revving so it does not go "Out-of-physics". Once all cars are set in the grid, I will tell the system to start the race. You will see a button pop-up mid-screen, with red dots. They wil add to be a set of 8, then after a timeout, turn green. When they turn green, the race is underway. The system will track jump starts and issue a stop/go penalty. These will be reviewed manually during the race before being enforced.

Please post confirmations of attendance here. You do NOT need to meet any entry requirements to participate in this.
#2 - Gil07
I'd go for the first combo, that's what most people will be practicing anyway...
I'll try to get along for it, i take it UTC is the same as GMT?

I'd probably go WE1, AS5, KY2R or KY3 (I know those the best, especialy WE1 and KY2R in BF1)

Out of those, i'd go KY2R, but possibly a 18:30 start to quali? I normally eat dinner at 18:00 GMT, and would like to at least commentate even if i don't race

Thanks
I'll see if I can't dust off my wheel and make it to the race. I don't care much about the track choice cuz I'm equally out of practice for everything.
I think one of the 1st, 2nd or Last track combos would be a good test. Afterall, we don't really wannna be using the safety car that often, so lets pick a hard track that will truly test us all!...
I Propose FE Black, no tc , but seriously maybe BL1r? hmm hard to think about track that isnt hard rally... WE aint hard, hmm... BL1r then?
BL1R get's my vote
BL1R
Might as well be BL1R, people need to practice for it anyway.
Meh, outvoted comprehensively :P Ah well, could be a fun one to commentate on.

Any idea when this will be finalised? (Date, Time, Combo, Laps)
oneGP Test Event:

Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)
Race Distance: 70 Laps
Race Time Limit: TBC
Sunday, 15th February 2009
18:00 UTC: 20 Minute Qualifying Session
18:27 UTC: Driver's Briefing
18:30 UTC: Race Start

We've (NDR) have been pointed out to an application that can do formation laps to a standing start...may attempt to try that at this.

d
Excellent, thank you deko for your speedy reply, any word from Passo on the commentary?
1) I'm out of town/county/village for the sat/sun night on a cruise with hundreds of horny drunken girls. I might not be able to put a stream up.

2) I think we should focus on the race control side more than streaming

3) I'm not counting on deko being able to set the insim app corectly.

Obviously providing a stream is not hard so someone else willing can. I just think I won't.
1) Lol, lucky you
2) True, there will be kinks that need ironing out
3) Pwned :P

Should be good
Why would you broadcast a test race?
1) no comment
2) As you said streaming isn't too hard, we just need to find somebody who have got sort of a constant frame rate (me: max 17 fps using TVDir. in replays)
3) that's why we might contact mr. agarash
I don't think there are any plans to broadcast it.....
There will be no broadcast.

There WILL be a formation lap followed by an InSim-app controlled standing start.

Please post here with confirmation of attendance.

Times updated in OP for easy finding.

d
I will be there, even if i do not end up racing :P

Should be good to see this InSim app, add to the realism of it a bit
-
(robybobey) DELETED by robybobey
Formula Racing Organisation

0 - Adam Wisneiski
2 - James Robey

Stupid formation lap BS...whats the point?
To make it like in real F1?
[QUOTE]To make it like in real F1?[/QUOTE

Like real F1 on BL1r?

Series at the moment has as many ''apps'' as race teams. If you want something like F1 some marketing and efforts to attract racers to achieve a full grid and interest would not go amiss..
[quote=Mazar;1071614][quote]To make it like in real F1?[/QUOTE

Like real F1 on BL1r?

Series at the moment has as many ''apps'' as race teams. If you want something like F1 some marketing and efforts to attract racers to achieve a full grid and interest would not go amiss..[/quote]

I intend for the formation lap to be a part of an extra "hook" to potentially attract more teams. Another part of the way to attract more teams was to adjust the tight entry requirements...so tight that only the most elite teams would have bothered to enter. By doing that, and potentially this formation lap, we possibly are offering something that is even more different to other similar series in LFS, and can use that to attract people.

d
Quote :I intend for the formation lap to be a part of an extra "hook" to potentially attract more teams.

Show me the marketing...how does this attract more teams?

Quote :Another part of the way to attract more teams was to adjust the tight entry requirements...so tight that only the most elite teams would have bothered to enter.

Then why where they implemented in the first place?

Quote :By doing that, and potentially this formation lap, we possibly are offering something that is even more different to other similar series in LFS, and can use that to attract people.

Cut the crap, get on with the marketing. What effort is being made? are there any mailshots, marketing on other country forums? where is it. A whole winter has passed, months and now oneGP is looking for ''hooks''.

You have a few weeks to fill a series, times running out. People, teams and drivers are attracted to populated series not by in sim app's.

-Maz
To be fair on Deko, theres generally news about us on LFS Forums, we just need to wait for people to come and sign up.

On our forums (http://forum.city-driving.co.uk) we've got a pretty large thread about this, and i'll make a post about this, as basically an advert, as we get people from lots of different teams on there, and the requirements are a bit easier now (the 350 laps and 15000km are fairly easy to achieve, as well as the hotlap) so hopefully that will attract a few more. It might be worth getting a few people to put a small ad in their LFS Forum signature, and posting about this on their forums, publically, as, i know on our forums, there are lots of different race and drift teams who may be interested in competing (We're primarily a cruise team)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG