The online racing simulator
CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Lynce :Thanks for all critics/suggestions/flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me.

you have to be bullshiting..... either that or you are very, VERY stupid..... your at fault 110%!!!!!!
#52 - SamH
I've moved the thread to the CTRA section, since the complaint is specific to CTRA's rules and driving etiquette.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but I've seen the video. Since I'm one of the admins that would/will be processing this report, I might as well set out my stall:

Lynce, you were in the wrong. You have a responsibility to other drivers, as a midrace joiner, not to interfere with the race in progress. You failed to meet this requirement and as a result you caused a crash that should never have happened. There is no excuse.

"I can't see the minimap" is not a valid excuse. If you cannot drive using the tools provided within LFS, including mirrors and minimap, then you should not be driving on CTRA servers. If a TV screen doesn't give sufficient resolution then stop using the TV screen and use a monitor instead.

S14, the aggressive verbal attack is also specifically against the rules in CTRA servers. It doesn't matter whether or not you feel justified to be angry, the rules prohibit abusive/aggressive language aimed at other drivers.

Regarding outstanding reports, we should be getting these sorted shortly. I will be creating a separate post to explain the current situation.
Quote from Lynce :Thanks for all critics/suggestions/flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me.

Quote from SabersKunk :You were 100% in the wrong. The server rules are posted in this thread, you clearly broke them. There is no convincing required.

You seem to be waiting for that 1 person who will agree with you, ignoring all the others who don't and think you're in the wrong. The worrying thing is that you don't seem to realise what you did wrong and why.

Don't think that you can do what you like with no regard for others and it's everyone else’s responsibility to avoid you. The yellow flag warns people that something has happened, but you need to make sure it's safe to rejoin the track, which you didn't do.

Problem is, if you don’t get that by now then you never will
Quote from SamH :
S14, the aggressive verbal attack is also specifically against the rules in CTRA servers. It doesn't matter whether or not you feel justified to be angry, the rules prohibit abusive/aggressive language aimed at other drivers.

Yeah I know that. And I've already said my piece regarding that.

And I'll say again, I saw his car had crashed, and I actually slowed down more (locking the brakes.. notice in the video ) to make sure I could avoid him. Had he have not reversed into me I would have made it through fine.
Quote from Lynce :The number of posts are not enough to convince me.

Are you serious?

You don't need any number of posts to be convinced, just read the CTRA rules.
The real reason for this post and I declare that there are people who are aware of this (if they want to say who they are, they can do, but not anything goes) is just uncover and see who is who in lfsforum.net. Cause people to reveal how they are in reality.

By this I mean free and critical opinions.

I am aware that at any time the accident in CTRA was my fault.

So why open a suicidal post in which I knew beforehand that it was my fault and that they would all flamed?

What was said in the previous paragraph.

I took advantage of the circumstances of this accident to cause this reaction. The accident was not caused. This was an accident and I feel responsible. I have reversed without seen back to my right and I am guilty of this. A month without driving has caused these errors.

Why all this?

So people know who is who, what is there really people, but I really want to know what people think about me and if it is worth making any contribution I make and invest what I'm investing in future projects related to the LFS.

Apart from this, to see who takes advantage of that situation to say what he really thinks, destroy those who consider their "competence" as it proliferate opinions free and those ravens leaving their lairs waiting to see that interests them. It's another person that opens this post and the opinions vary its index of popularity.

This is a theater and all people are part of it, actively participate or not participate. But everything that I am complaining in this post is what makes people demotivate to improve, that people do not buy a license, leaving the LFS or change simulator.

Here there is not fairness but winning those who have the most number of friends. This is reflected in the votes and the results per team when there are complaints.

I have endured a reasonable time this thread saying things like: "Thanks for all critics / suggestions / flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me."

To continue leading the people and that brought to light the missing ones. What makes me grace is that people believe these comments and feel alluded. Seriously, have you actually believed them?

I have no reason in particular for having done this since I was I treated well at all times (on the server was enough apologize and it will be ok). But I was annoyed by the little details that I have been seeing so far, without commenting that abuse to the demo users (editing images with S2 content but may well be a picture wich they ask for or that they pick from Internet, for example, and similar situations who peolpe said "Buy the license"). Thing I complained in another thread with another person, to abolish the status of your license from the avatar:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=47598

Also the exaggerated speed with which a user earns a "No longer welcome".

I also claim that respect it is lacked for free and that everything is exaggerated because a popular person can be "attacked" (Without adding that strive to make videos for ridicule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmN9Dtxclt4&fmt=18 [ If anyone knows more videos of this style can be posted in the successive responses]). Then his friends come to flame free when they have not been in the incident. If all the viewers who are posting this thread, the conversation shifted to each other let us face what we think in totally leaving aside the poor incident in CTRA as something entirely secondary.

I am absolutely certain that more than one thinks like me.

Here is said and I realize what I lose making this complaint. But I have to say it. And to encourage those who have to report bad behavior in these forums do so without comtemplations. This situation is no different from those in which a person is the first to take the first step and then come the following.

I reiterate that there are witnesses who have knowledge of this from the very moment that I opened this thread.

Grace makes me start to see posts edited removing "stupid" "idiot," "retard."
I only wish your English was better so i could understand what you are on about.
I'm sure there's an interesting post in there somewhere, but unfortunately it's come out sounding all Lerts.
Quote from The Moose :I only wish your English was better so i could understand what you are on about.
I'm sure there's an interesting post in there somewhere, but unfortunately it's come out sounding all Lerts.

I think what he's saying is that he knew he was in the wrong regarding that incident, but that he wanted to see the reactions of the people on the forum. His comment that he was not yet conviced and needed more reactions, was just a trick to lure more people into posting a reaction, and those posts became increasingly offensive. I saw right through that, though, but a good many people fell right for it There's probably a lot more in his post, but I think that's the gist of it. Basically that people jump on a bandwagon or on someone's throat too easily on this forum. Also regarding demo users, that people are too quick to accuse them of having cracked the game etc.
From what I get Lynce wanted to check if he would be verbally abused on the forums (as do demo racers if I got the point?) by asking a non-question and ignoring all answers.
He then received enough verbal abuse to assume S2 license holders are not treated differently, didn't he ?

/joke. Lynce, I'm not sure what you meant there. Could you explain briefly?
So in other words Lynce, you were spamming and trolling this forum by intentionally pretending to be ignorant of the rules to see if anybody likes you? Or if "famous" people are treated differently?

Classy move, really... you're a bit full of yourself, aren't you? This is not your personal social studies playground, you know.
Hi.

Well, in my opinion and as far as i could understand all the posting on this topic, this was not a topic created around a race crash, but was about community crashes.
I think that everybody saw the obvious, one mistake in a race on ctra server, but fail to see the real porpose of the topic.
Didn't you wonder why a guy like Lynce, started a topic about his own mistake, or wonder also about his reply's, like " The number of posts are not enough to convince me." ?
Well, for me it was clear that he made a race mistake, so why doing this? you can ask yourselfes.
I actually know the guy a litle and i dont think is dumb, so i started to see his point, behind all his not so good English writing.
Lynce used his racing mistake to make a test on this forum and the community, knowing that it was a subject flamable enough for him to prove is point. This has nothing to do with this particular crash.
The point was to prove that the community can be very parcial, people make theire minds with the opinions with most posts,votes, wins who got more friends or popularity, diferent threatments to license and demos users, and how fast someone can be brought to the ground. And that was imo what he was trying to pull with this topic. That there are too many people that like to flame or that arena feeling when someone is push into to the lions.
But this is only my interpretation of the all topic thing.

About the race crash, its clear that Lynce made a mistake, he should shift-P ,imo.

Cheers...
Err, yeah, good one.

You can't use this kind of subject and compare it with the other kinds you mentioned. If you start a thread with a pretty obvious answer, then increasing ignores opinions the answer will get louder and louder.

I think I understand what you're trying to say but this wasn't really an effective way of saying it, you could have just posted what you feel originally and you'd pretty much prove the point by the type of replies you'd get. This was probably the worst way to go about it, people will feel used and angry, thus ignore anything meaningful you have to say.

Myself, I pretty much wasted my time watching the replay and trying to give opinions and advice, thanks for that.
Quote from AndroidXP :Classy move, really... you're a bit full of yourself, aren't you? This is not your personal social studies playground, you know.

Ehm... I think you don't see it in perspective... there are TONS of people who do exactly what he did there (Cause a flaming by means of abnormal behaviour), but he is the only one who actually admitted it...

Don't look at me though, telling people their attempts are rubbish is not abnormal behaviour for me...
#64 - th84
Why not just ask for the VW or something? Its not very hard to get flamed around here if you just put your mind to it!

Create a new demo account and post pics of S2 content. Works every time.

S14's rant was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!!
Glad you liked it..

Anyway, Lynce you seem to have gone off topic in a wierd and lerts like way. Create another thread for that. I'm tired of this one already.
As I understand it, the reason why Lynce started this thread is to illustrate his concerns about people's behaviour in this forum. The race replay was just a means to an end. The question who was to blame for the CTRA incident is irrelevant. It was to start a discussion, invite reactions, and then make a point about forum culture.

Note that Lynce did not whine, as is done in many "I was banned" posts. He used neutral words, and took at least part of the blame for the collision. He did not stubbornly maintain he did nothing wrong. Yet, many replies contained strong language right from the start.

IMHO the reactions show that posts are seldom read carefully. The similarity to "I was banned" whiners was enough to release negativity. And Lynce's poor command of English probably added to that, as many folks equate that with low intelligence. I'm not sure if his other point - that hostility is caused by people "ganging up" with forum friends - is correct. I haven't seen enough proof for that.

I think Lynce started the thread out of genuine concern for the atmosphere in the forum. It was brave, as he knew he'd be flamed. But I doubt it was a success - there was too much misunderstanding, even after clarification (post #56). Only FOX 1977 seems to have gotten it. (But I'm sure it was NOT trolling or spamming, AndroidXP. Think before you post abuse.)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Glad you liked it..

Anyway, Lynce you seem to have gone off topic in a wierd and lerts like way. Create another thread for that. I'm tired of this one already.

He hasn't gone off-topic, you missed his point (easily done) the crash was real, he knows he was in the wrong and is sorry.

He used that crash as a means to make a point about the state of the LFS forum by deliberately making out to be a dick about it.

This thread was never about the crash.
#68 - SamH
Nahh, it was about the crash.

Having thoroughly embarassed himself, Lynce now wants to convert the meaning/purpose of the thread into something he can claim a "win" from.

That's the reason for the change in Lynce's direction in this thread, and nothing else. It's still all bull.
Quote from AndroidXP :So in other words Lynce, you were spamming and trolling this forum by intentionally pretending to be ignorant of the rules to see if anybody likes you? Or if "famous" people are treated differently?

Classy move, really... you're a bit full of yourself, aren't you? This is not your personal social studies playground, you know.

+1

Ridiculous.
Quote from Lynce :The real reason for this post and I declare that there are people who are aware of this (if they want to say who they are, they can do, but not anything goes) is just uncover and see who is who in lfsforum.net. Cause people to reveal how they are in reality.

By this I mean free and critical opinions.

I am aware that at any time the accident in CTRA was my fault.

So why open a suicidal post in which I knew beforehand that it was my fault and that they would all flamed?

What was said in the previous paragraph.

I took advantage of the circumstances of this accident to cause this reaction. The accident was not caused. This was an accident and I feel responsible. I have reversed without seen back to my right and I am guilty of this. A month without driving has caused these errors.

Why all this?

So people know who is who, what is there really people, but I really want to know what people think about me and if it is worth making any contribution I make and invest what I'm investing in future projects related to the LFS.

Apart from this, to see who takes advantage of that situation to say what he really thinks, destroy those who consider their "competence" as it proliferate opinions free and those ravens leaving their lairs waiting to see that interests them. It's another person that opens this post and the opinions vary its index of popularity.

This is a theater and all people are part of it, actively participate or not participate. But everything that I am complaining in this post is what makes people demotivate to improve, that people do not buy a license, leaving the LFS or change simulator.

Here there is not fairness but winning those who have the most number of friends. This is reflected in the votes and the results per team when there are complaints.

I have endured a reasonable time this thread saying things like: "Thanks for all critics / suggestions / flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me."

To continue leading the people and that brought to light the missing ones. What makes me grace is that people believe these comments and feel alluded. Seriously, have you actually believed them?

I have no reason in particular for having done this since I was I treated well at all times (on the server was enough apologize and it will be ok). But I was annoyed by the little details that I have been seeing so far, without commenting that abuse to the demo users (editing images with S2 content but may well be a picture wich they ask for or that they pick from Internet, for example, and similar situations who peolpe said "Buy the license"). Thing I complained in another thread with another person, to abolish the status of your license from the avatar:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=47598

Also the exaggerated speed with which a user earns a "No longer welcome".

I also claim that respect it is lacked for free and that everything is exaggerated because a popular person can be "attacked" (Without adding that strive to make videos for ridicule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmN9Dtxclt4&fmt=18 [ If anyone knows more videos of this style can be posted in the successive responses]). Then his friends come to flame free when they have not been in the incident. If all the viewers who are posting this thread, the conversation shifted to each other let us face what we think in totally leaving aside the poor incident in CTRA as something entirely secondary.

I am absolutely certain that more than one thinks like me.

Here is said and I realize what I lose making this complaint. But I have to say it. And to encourage those who have to report bad behavior in these forums do so without comtemplations. This situation is no different from those in which a person is the first to take the first step and then come the following.

I reiterate that there are witnesses who have knowledge of this from the very moment that I opened this thread.

Grace makes me start to see posts edited removing "stupid" "idiot," "retard."

tl;dr:

He posted a replay of him blatantly reversing into the path of the leaders after crashing and tried to blame the leaders and now it apparently was a way to show how mean and hostile the LFS Forum is
Quote from wsinda :

Note that Lynce did not whine, as is done in many "I was banned" posts. He used neutral words, and took at least part of the blame for the collision. He did not stubbornly maintain he did nothing wrong. Yet, many replies contained strong language right from the start.

IMHO the reactions show that posts are seldom read carefully. The similarity to "I was banned" whiners was enough to release negativity. And Lynce's poor command of English probably added to that, as many folks equate that with low intelligence. I'm not sure if his other point - that hostility is caused by people "ganging up" with forum friends - is correct. I haven't seen enough proof for that.

It's not really important to judge a person's level of intelligence in terms of how they spoke English. In a society rooted in prejudice.

The answers that people have written are very different after I have written clarification.
Including the bad reactions, which continues to believe that a moderator I would wash my image (a moderator should be more impartial) and individuals who choose to do an analysis.

The message that I wrote called the allegation of bad behavior but also invites reflection / thinking.

Great commentary and analysis, wsinda.

I know what I've always risky since I decided to open the post.
Quote from SamH :Nahh, it was about the crash.

Having thoroughly embarassed himself, Lynce now wants to convert the meaning/purpose of the thread into something he can claim a "win" from.

That's the reason for the change in Lynce's direction in this thread, and nothing else. It's still all bull.

Is it that hard to admit you missed the point, Sam? It was easy to miss, and pretty much everyone did. I would have, too, had I seen the thread early on.

Or are you a master psychologist, who understands Lynce's motives better than he himself does?
#73 - SamH
It's either a belated attempt to save face or, as AndroidXP says, it's a repugnant example of manipulation and raw trolling.

I don't know which is worse, but neither are honourable or to be appreciated by the community. I'm far from impressed, whichever is the truth.
Quote from SamH :It's either a belated attempt to save face or, as AndroidXP says, it's a repugnant example of manipulation and raw trolling.

No, I think that it's you who is trying to save face. That you feel like you've been fooled, resent it, and rather be unjust to Lynce than rethink your position.
Lynce posted this thread with the sole intention of finding out what others think.

He said so himself at the beginning of the next race (I'll find the replay if you don't believe me).

Either way, what does/will this thread achieve..
This thread is closed

CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG