The online racing simulator
CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
Lynce, I watched the replay over 4-5 times, from S14 and your views and here is my take.

1 You clearly broke many CTRA server rules, which you can find here: http://www.raceauthority.com/rules.asp

But the worst part is you claimed you did nothing wrong. That is what motivated S14 to get upset with you. If you had read the rules before you joined the race, you would have known proper conduct for the server (and ANY real racetrack too by the way...) and either known how to act after the accident, or at least, to say sorry for ruining his race (which is usually pretty annoying).

I am not saying that S14 is innocent though, while his line would have been clear if you did not reverse, he was still under a yellow, and doing what he did at a real track could get him into a bit of trouble too (though sadly I admit I can see the difference in conduct on even CRTA tracks and real events). Also while I can see why you reacted that way, you did react with maybe too much anger.

BTW
Here are the rules you broke:

Rejoining Into Traffic: Drivers must check that the way is clear before rejoining the track. This includes corner/straight incidents and rejoining from the pit lane.

Mid-Race Joining (Waved Blue): Drivers who have joined the race after the race has begun, or who have rejoined the race after pitting/spectating, are allowed on the track solely by the grace of the race marshals. They must not impact the progress of the current race or its competitors in any way. This includes, but is not limited to:
  1. Closely following a competitor, pressuring them or feigning overtaking moves on them;
  2. Obstructing the track for competitors;
  3. Overtaking competitors;
  4. Voting to restart an ongoing race.
So Lyce, if you learn anything from this I hope it's this. Read and make sure you understand the server rules before joining the server.

Happy racing and keep the rubber side down.
i watched the video, and i'm undecided.

okay, he hit you... but he didn't have any room to turn around. he was backing up to turn left and correct himself when the two of you came flying through and you just happened to hit his bumper.

i'd say you're both guilty, and let it go.
Quote from bunder9999 :i watched the video, and i'm undecided.

okay, he hit you... but he didn't have any room to turn around. he was backing up to turn left and correct himself when the two of you came flying through and you just happened to hit his bumper.

i'd say you're both guilty, and let it go.

Another one who obviously hasn't bothered to read the CTRA rules. Please do.
Quote from boothy :Another one who obviously hasn't bothered to read the CTRA rules. Please do.

but it's not like he meant to ram him off the road... i think the rule is flawed. if he intentionally drove off the road and waited for them and rammed them off the road, okay... but yeesh.

would i report it? probably not. would i complain about it? maybe a little. i'm just glad i'm not the one processing the report.

edit: why is a platinum racing on race 1 anyways? i'm always hearing that race 2 is empty...
Quote from bunder9999 :but it's not like he meant to ram him off the road... i think the rule is flawed. if he intentionally drove off the road and waited for them and rammed them off the road, okay... but yeesh.

He reversed into the leader. As a mid-race joiner. That's as obvious as it gets, IMO.
There's a little map with little dots in your screen. The little dots are another cars. Wait til the little dots have passed and you can safely manouvre and do anything you like without hindering anyone.

Not easy enough?

Rule flawed?

Oh please. It's called awareness, it does not take any skill whatsoever, all you need its to look at the little map - and understand that you are not the only one on the race track.

And if you made a mistake which can be perfectly understandable, yes even if you had backed into traffic because you were stressed, forgot to look, new - whatever - all it takes is to say "sorry" and in most the situation is dealt with. Not go online and on top of being a little memememe bubble inhabitant write and entire post about how you're only intersted what happens to you and what rights you have.

Ever considered being courteous to others even if you didn't *have* to?

aceracer
Quote from aceracer :There's a little map with little dots in your screen. The little dots are another cars. Wait til the little dots have passed and you can safely manouvre and do anything you like without hindering anyone.

Not easy enough?

Rule flawed?

Oh please.

aceracer

not everyone can see those dots, like people who play using a tv screen... anyone wondered why i don't chat much in-game? it's because i can't read a damned word you're typing... :ices_rofl
Quote from bunder9999 :but it's not like he meant to ram him off the road... i think the rule is flawed. if he intentionally drove off the road and waited for them and rammed them off the road, okay... but yeesh.

would i report it? probably not. would i complain about it? maybe a little. i'm just glad i'm not the one processing the report.

edit: why is a platinum racing on race 1 anyways? i'm always hearing that race 2 is empty...

An intention is not a requirement to violate rules. It doesn't matter if he did it deliberately or accidentally, the result remains the same: he rammed a driver who was in the race out of it.
There is no need to discuss it any further.
You don't have to read the rules of a server, all you need is common sense and an apprication that you are NOT the only person racing on that track.

A lot of the problems with servers is that people tend to race like they are the only ones there, no attention is payed to other people.

Just like that guy, he crashed, he tried to get back going again without a thought for how it would effect others. He didn't look left or right to even look for traffic, he just wanted to get himself going again. And clearly didn't check the mini-map, if he couldn't see the mini-map why didn't he look left and right to see if it was clear.

All I hope is that at least he learns something from this, it will make him a better racer if he does.
Quote from bunder9999 :not everyone can see those dots, like people who play using a tv screen... anyone wondered why i don't chat much in-game? it's because i can't read a damned word you're typing... :ices_rofl

I'm sure there is an option within the game to change the chat & text size and with 800X600 pixels (standard TV res) you should be able to find a size thats readable.

Somtimes the chat is a distraction, but its nice to see whos joining/leaving etc.

Total agree with you Garph, its all about awareness, be it via minimap or directly looking left, right, back (oh how I miss the double button look back press)
Its of the upmost importance, when racing that you know where you, and others around you are, and will be at all times.

SD.
Lynce, the reason s14 thought you were running in reverse is because you were. If you had sat still, maybe there would not have been a collision. You backed into him mate, no doubt about it.
#37 - 5haz
You can see his reverse lights are on in the replay.
There's nothing better than a self bust thread, but I do feel a bit sad when its from a well respected artist and all around nice guy.
Quote from mcintyrej :There's nothing better than a self bust thread, but I do feel a bit sad when its from a well respected artist and all around nice guy.

I feel the same way, but S14 has the right to be angry.
I just think some people are being too harsh with him.
Well, I dare say it wouldn't be an issue if Lynce hadn't posted this to blame S14 for bad behaviour. So the only one to take the blame for the Flak he recieved is Lynce himself.
Lycee, don't feel so bad, I bet most if not everyone here has been in a similar place at least once before. I've actually been in a somewhat similar situation at the real track! (teenager + racing, :shrug At least you only did it in a video game (I know, I know, it's a sim...).

I really hope you change your mind about not reading this thread anymore though. While some people are taking this a little too seriously (there is no reason to be mean to the guy, he's a nice guy who didn't know the rules, that's all) you did break a very serious racing rule and then argue about it. Taking your licks and realizing/admiting you did something wrong can do a lot of good, believe me.
Now I've fully calmed down, I shoud explain myself in regards to this situation.

After all the hoo-ha of racing (sim racing means quite a bit to me, it's pretty much the only thing I'm any good at), it just gets me that he didn't even have the grace to appologise.

It was the "well it not my fault" stuff that got me. Y'know, an appology would have probably made me let up a bit. I'm a very patient guy but I have a few short fuses, if you know what I mean. Say or do the wrong thing and I get quite nasty pretty quickly.. not a quality I'm proud of, I might add.

A simple "yeah mate my bad" woulda really just let me know that he acknowledged what he'd done wrong.

But there's no point dwelling on stuff that happened yesterday, last week , last year etc.

It's only a race (and a virtual race at that!) and isn't that much of a big deal.
#43 - 5haz
Quote from McDee :Lycee, don't feel so bad, I bet most if not everyone here has been in a similar place at least once before. I've actually been in a somewhat similar situation at the real track! (teenager + racing,

Hah, as I said earlier, someone did more or less the same thing in the same situation in a race I was in and waved goodbye to their license, as well as having to have a chat with the Clerk of the course, who was on fire with rage.
Quote from McDee : At least you only did it in a video game (I know, I know, it's a sim...).

Quote from S14 DRIFT :
It's only a race (and a virtual race at that!) .

Sorry to go a bit OT, but still some people think of LFS as more of a game. EEK!!

Edit: post 1,888. hmm....
Lynce: You should been more aware of the situation of the track. You also should have apologized ASAP after the accident, humbled yourself and accepted the blame. I am sure the CTRA admins will be fair with you. You should say you are sorry. It is the right think to do. Also, you probably shouldn't have ever posted this on the forums. But you need to watch out... some people like myself and S14 here are hot headed a holes that won't back down from an argument. Things get ugly if you know what I mean.

On that note.. Since I know the workings an hot headed ahole..I can safely now give my opinion on S14's actions in this replay.

S14: You did start bitching and the what the ****ing, before he even had the chance to say sorry. The latter of which is also against server rules. Not sure he would have apologized, but you escalated the problem with those actions. To top it off you called him a retard and then made fun of his dialect for the whole server see. Kinda dirty and un-sportsman like. You just couldn't let it go and filed the report? Surprised report receivers are always more fun I've found.

I think you two should give each other a hug and laugh it off. Full embrass..not non of this half assed stuff.. Maybe S14 could call Lynce a retard in a fun loving friendly way next time you cross paths.

Cheers to better racing next time.

Jay
Thanks for all critics/suggestions/flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Now I've fully calmed down, I shoud explain myself in regards to this situation.

After all the hoo-ha of racing (sim racing means quite a bit to me, it's pretty much the only thing I'm any good at), it just gets me that he didn't even have the grace to appologise.

It was the "well it not my fault" stuff that got me. Y'know, an appology would have probably made me let up a bit. I'm a very patient guy but I have a few short fuses, if you know what I mean. Say or do the wrong thing and I get quite nasty pretty quickly.. not a quality I'm proud of, I might add.

A simple "yeah mate my bad" woulda really just let me know that he acknowledged what he'd done wrong.

But there's no point dwelling on stuff that happened yesterday, last week , last year etc.

It's only a race (and a virtual race at that!) and isn't that much of a big deal.

One of the Things i do most of when im playing online is if theres a car behind me and i hit the grass and spin i always say sorry iv if i did not touch any one.

and when therace has finsihed i always talk to the guys/girls about any incedents that happen. and we look an discus whos fault it was and then we try and not do that again

and on this topic i will say use your views (W, E, R ) cant really say V as some servers have only cockpit view. and assaid above if you are using a tv change the res of the screen

it seems as tho u could have seen the Oncomming cars
Totally your fault lynce.

You should've stayed there or spectated.
Quote from Lynce : The number of posts are not enough to convince me.

Then nothing will.

You are 100% in the wrong. No doubt whatsoever.
Quote from Lynce :Thanks for all critics/suggestions/flames but more opinions, please. The number of posts are not enough to convince me.

You were 100% in the wrong. The server rules are posted in this thread, you clearly broke them. There is no convincing required.
This thread is closed

CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG