The online racing simulator
New Danish racing Cup
Hi there..

I will start a “new” Danish Racing Cup. You can choose between RB4, GTT and FXO. It`s open for all European S2 drivers. There is a fixed car system. The car you choose for the first race is the car you must drive all the races in - so no changing car after race 1.
Some has booked in advance so maybe there is only 3-4 slots left.
This time its a 5 races Cup. Its the same format as the Danish GTi Cup except for the Super-Pole qualification. Furthermore there is now 1 extra point for the Pole-sitter. There will be a sprint race and a main race. The Cup will always start at 20.30 CET (19.30 GMT) and its always on Mondays. It should end around around 22.05 CET (21.05 GMT).
As always this Cup is being made for pure fun. Therefor there is not many rules in it because I expect everyone to know how to race and behave on the race track. We had a succesfull Danish GTi Cup with very fair drivers in it, so i`m looking forward to this new cup.
I hope that we will have a site up and running before round 1 were we can look at screenshots, results, standings and downloading replays.

Here are the calendar:
All times are Central European times.
This is the time table for ALL races:

Super-Pole at 20.30 (be on the server before this time)
Super-Pole ends at 20.55
Sprint race starts at 21.00 and ends around 21.23.
5 mins. break
Main race will start at 21.30 and will ends around 22.05

Testrace 27-2-2006
Fern Bay Green
Sprint race 15 laps
Main race 27 laps

Round 1 – 6/3-06
Fern Bay Gold
Sprint race 12 laps
Main race 22 laps

Round 2 – 13/3-06
South City Town
Sprint race 12 laps
Main race 23 laps

Round 3 – 20/3-06
Blackwood
Sprint race 13 laps
Main race 23 laps

Round 4 – 27/3-06
Aston Club
Sprint race 17
Main race 29

Round 5 – 3/4-06
Westhill
Sprint race 10 laps
Main race 17

No wind on and racing in daylight.
There will be “lag-lap” in both races.
No restart of the race no matter what.
No forced pit-stop (you can pit if you want to).
No chat during the race – not even smilies, its allowed to chat during Super-Pole – you can use “block” if you don`t wanna see the chat - remember to "un-block" when you have crossed the finish line in Super-Pole. Wait with the chat until the last driver have crossed the finish line during Sprint and Main race. If you chats during the race then you will get a 2 sec. time penalty for every chat-line and smiley.
Do not use shift+s to go to the pits during the race (during qualifying it`s ok). You can reset your car if you are on the roof/side or stuck in the sand, but dont DO IT in front of another car.. Be carefull when you are driving to the pits if your car is broke.
You may pit, spectate, chat or disconnect during the practise session.
Super-Pole qualifying is one car at the track at once. I`ll call your name and you are joining the Super-Pole lap. When you are crossing the start line your Super-Pole lap begins. When you have crossed the finish line you must go to SPECTATOR mode in a hurry (the next car are on the way) - remember to make "un-block" if you had "block" on. Do not join the Super-Pole untill i call your name.
The starting order in Super-Pole is my choice. The starting order will be given in the mail i`ll send to you the day before the race.
Race 1 starting order is the result from Super Pole qualifying.
Race 2 starting order is the result from race 1.
You cant join the race again if you got a disconnection during the race. You can join the server again if you lost the connection to the server in race 1 and then you are allowed to join race 2.
Respect the yellow and blue flags.
Drive clean and fair.
No overtaking during yellow flag. When yellow flag dissapears from your screen then you can overtake again.
Points will be given as follows:
Pos. 1: 26
Pos. 2: 23
Pos. 3: 18
Pos. 4: 14
Pos. 5: 13
Pos. 6: 12
Pos. 7: 11
Pos. 8: 10
Pos. 9: 9
Pos. 10: 8
Pos. 11: 7
Pos. 12: 6
Pos. 13: 5
Pos. 14: 4
Pos. 15: 3
Pos. 16: 2
Pos. 17: 1

A new thing is that there will be 1 point for Pole Position. So now you has a extra point to race for.
LFS Stats will be ready in the forum 1 hour after the race. It will be used as the result list. The day after, the points tabel will be attached in the forum. The point standings will be written in the forum.

The server will be open at 20.15 CET (19.15 GMT). You must be there before 20.30 CET (19.30 GMT).If you signed up for this Cup i expect you to be there!..
Server name is always: Danish Racing Cup (in red and white)
PW will be mailed to you the day before the race.

I will try to get the races on LFS Spectator...

You must sign in in this thread. I must have your LFS World name and your normal racing name (you can send me both in a PM).

Kind regards Richard Torp Jensen aka T7R|Richard DK

Drivers so far:

[ITEK]YUGO45
T7R|Richard DK
T7R|BBO
Felplacerad
SpiderWebRacing Jan Gripping
Momentum Mikael (can only drive round 2 and 4)
Bo Kristiansen
cyber|Miško
SpiderWebRacing Kim Gripping
cyber|casper
[SERT] Saturday
filur
Momentum sp3ctr3 (Jacob Spring)
ATC Alt-Ctrl
SERT●marecare

Attached files
Results R1.zip - 10.5 KB - 259 views
Results R2.zip - 10.8 KB - 258 views
Points table DRC.zip - 2.7 KB - 260 views
Still room for two or three drivers..
Sorry guys...for the first time in my life i hit the "off" button in a race on my modem at the end of race 1. All was disconnected..sorry...
But race 2 went ok..
But i have changed the laps a little bit in all rounds. Super-Pole will take around 30 min with a full field...

Still room for 3 drivers..
Quote from Richard Torp :Sorry guys...for the first time in my life i hit the "off" button in a race at my modem at the end of race 1. All was disconnected..sorry...

illepall

np it was just a test race
in
I want to participate

LFS name: Saturday

In game name: [SERT] Saturday
#6 - filur
I'd like to join if there's still room

lfs name / nick, everything, "filur"
Only 1 left..
tis sad
Guys i have continual struggle with my connection to the Danish Racing Cup server so im gonna give up my slot.

I have finished peoples races barely before they even got away from the line and decided that was it, id rather someone else took my place and racing was better.

Plus i have tremendous struggle overtaking a car that changes positions from left to right every few tenths of a second

Enjoy the rest of the cup guys and good luck!
Quote from cmckowen :Guys i have continual struggle with my connection to the Danish Racing Cup server so im gonna give up my slot.

I have finished peoples races barely before they even got away from the line and decided that was it, id rather someone else took my place and racing was better.

Plus i have tremendous struggle overtaking a car that changes positions from left to right every few tenths of a second

And thats a crying shame!!!
Quote from cmckowen :Guys i have continual struggle with my connection to the Danish Racing Cup server so im gonna give up my slot.

I think its a wise decission..

Still its sad for you..

Thx for trying m8..

Results in first post..
I'd like to join in if I can. Hope to get some laps this week :-)
Quote from MyBoss :I'd like to join in if I can. Hope to get some laps this week :-)

You can join... Welcome.. Read the rules m8..
Great, read and understood
Well, I can add that I too had worse connection to Richard's server than on any other, both yesterday and last week in the test races. It was not as bad for me as cmkcowen described, but green bars were noticably higher than usual. Perhaps its a good idea to use someone else's dedicated server?

One other suggestion, but it might be too late to change this now that cup has already started: As the field is quite spread out there was not much excitement in the main race, so perhaps the starting order should be reversed, or at least first 6 or 8 should start main race in reverse order to provide for some more overtaking and fun? I'm pretty sure that most of the people (if not all) wouldn't mind this. In Czech FXO league they did it like this, also ERRC and us in Balkan League (TBO class as well) and it proved to be good.

Otherwise it was fun. Nice, relaxed atmosphere, and nice racing.
Strange Misko that both Serbians was disconnected at the same time. There is normally never trouble with my server. I hosted Danish GTi Cup with only one disconnection in 4 rounds..

If you felt some lag in the test-race and r1 it could be because of T7R|Exodus. We have never had these problems before. But as you can read Exodus has withdrawn and im hope this will cure the lag for you. I didn`t see any lag except for Exodus. Had others in the test-race lag?

I cant change the starting order for race 2 now. But i think this time we have 2 VERY fast drivers at the front and then there is the rest (like my self). It will always be a problem with very fast drivers and too many slower guys (like me). This is only made to have fun. But you could invite another fast driver, because there is room for one more driver, just find him..

But if people will change to reversed starting order in r2, i will for sure accept it. Speek your mind about it?
Seems to me like the LFS server can get semi-stuck in trying to send data to a client who doesn't respond, thus lagging everyone else. LFS itself isn't threaded at all i think so i doubt the server is, could be one reason for these issues on behalf of LFS.

So i mean, Exodus's connection could have caused other connections to lag a bit, i didn't really notice anything, but my definition of lag is still having 350 ping in an unpredicted movement model from Quake 1 . Of course the link between Denmark and Sweden is often extremely good, speaking of Quake 1 again in terms of network problems, we often went through danish proxy servers to connect to UK servers.

I don't mind reverse grid, my vote is neutral
Points table uploaded in post 1.

1 ekstra point in Sprint race R1 for cyber|casper.

Penaltys in Sprint race R1:

[SERT]saturday 4 sec. penalty for chatting before the race is finished. Didn`t affect the result in Sprint.

[ITEK]YUGO45 2 sec. penalty for chatting before the race is finished. Didn`t affect the result in Sprint.

I had to allow the 2 drivers from SpiderWebRacing to change car. They choosed the RB4 and that was a mistake. They will now drive the GTT for the rest of DRC.

We will change the starting order in Main from Round 3 and onwards. The first 6 finishers of the Sprint race will reverse their starting order in the Main race. #1 will start as #6, #2 will start as #5 and so on.
Updated with results from R2 in first post.

SERT Saturday will receive a 4 sec. penalty for chatting in sprint race.

A complaint on SERT Saturday is in my mailbox from SpiderWebRacing Kim Gripping. I will look at the replay and see if there is any bad driving. I`ll also do that before the week-end.

Congrats to cyber|casper for his two wins and to cyber|Misko for his Pole Position. 1 extra point is on the way to Misko.
Too bad casper pulled away and drove alone while we were battling for 2 place throughout the whole 2nd race! It was great. Very very difficult to pass in South City, also the first race was very exciting. Bit of rubbing and pushing here and there, I hope everything was fair. I'm sorry if I caused something in that slowest corner on lap 6 in 1st race but I was holding to the right as much as I could. I'll look at it again, perhaps there were few more centimeters I could use but at the time it didn't seem I made a mistake there.
R2 - SO Town

Pheeew... that was thrilling.
-I qualified 2. place for the sprint race,
and managed to keep 2-3th place for 5-6 laps and had to defend very
hard and closing some doors again and again.
-but the pressure from behind became too much for me and I began to
make too many mistakes. -red tyres - damage ..ended 8th place.

...and too BBO and Misko about lap 6; - no hard feelings...
- but next time Misko, dont use BBO as a weapon.
- I made some rubbing and pushing too. - thats racing.

In main, Sp3ctr3 was defending his 5th place very well for many laps
and FEL was gaining up behind us and then passed me.
- Richard and Sp3ctr3 made a pitstop, and suddenly FEL and I
was fighting for 4th. place.
-the rest of the race I was lurking behind FEL and hoping he made a mistake..
...wich he did. ...on last lap.

- and hey presto, me 4th.

Congratz to casper for W
Quote from bo-kristiansen :
..and too BBO and Misko about lap 6... - no hard feelings...
- I made some rubbing and pushing too. - thats racing.

All in all the first race was a great battle.

I'm sorry about braking to late at T2 of lap 5 and hitting you a bit Bo but i immediately slowed down after that corner and let you and Misko pass me again.

In lap 6: I saw that Bo made a mistake in that harpin corner and took my change (i had not really the time to look in the mirror again and i steered in. Maybe a bit to much cause i didn't expected Misko's there). Then he touched my back a little bit and we got a BBoBO (and i was the lucky one who escaped there)

Anyway nice racing with you guys
Uff that sure as hell was a hard race.

Man i don't want to mess up my quali ever again, starting from the back of the grid sure was tough. and gee, even though so has a nice feel to it, those barriers and 90 degree turns are pesky ... miss an inch and you're bound to mess up your suspension.

It still was a good race, had quite alot of good fights, bo, spectre, gripplings, filur ... you all put up with quite a fight!

looking forward to the next event.

edit: and oh, if anyone wonders why i was "pissed" after the race, it was beacuse i, just as bo said, messed up during the last lap. i was busy checking my rear view mirror for bo and richard, thus forgot to hit the brakes in the hairpin. i should be glad though, with lfs' current collision physics it could have been a lot worse, i could have bounced back taking out both of the danes.

but (luckily) i was the only one involved in the incidident
Points table updated in first post.

cyber|Misko earned a extra point for his Pole.
I love next tree tracks, great! I'm in if it's not too late!

LFS username: marecare
game nick: SERT●marecare
Quote from Richard Torp :A complaint on SERT Saturday is in my mailbox from SpiderWebRacing Kim Gripping. I will look at the replay and see if there is any bad driving. I`ll also do that before the week-end.

There was not any bad driving from SERT Saturday, but there was from Kim Gripping. He hit SERT Saturday deliberately imo and he is under surveillance for the remaining of the races.
Keep it clean guys..
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG