The online racing simulator
#26 - AMB
Matthew Beattie (AMB)
Quote from J@tko :As much as I'd love to join, 1) I'll suck 2) I hate the combo and 3) No praccy time

I'll watch this one - GL all

If you want to listen there is a high chance we will at least setup the live audio broadcast again, and who knows, maybe even video.
Quote from blackbird04217 :If you want to listen there is a high chance we will at least setup the live audio broadcast again, and who knows, maybe even video.

I'll be watching - should be an *ahem* interesting watch
Yea, I haven't figured out how well the event will be but I do believe it will be spectacular whether it is good or bad it will be spectacularly good or bad. :P

Oh, and I think people should practice the chicane while following another car, it is a very different experience and you should know how to handle yourself. That will be the key area for the following person to stay close, but they need to be smart when doing so as they may rear-end the leader since they don't have any front downforce. I am thinking of adding some haybales against the wall, (not at the corner so the line should be the same) but in emergency it might offer a softer impact?
Is it possible to change sets between a race were your in front and a race were your leading?

I think that if I'm following, the only chance is if I have a low DF set with extreme amounts of mechanical grip while when leading its the opposite!

I personally think this event is gunna be a disaster.
I don't think it will be a disaster, but I do believe it will be much different than most Head-to-Head events... Just put in the proper amount of practice and everything should be great.
=/ Your opinion I guess.

From experience, I can tell that people will go straight into the wall at the chicane because of the slipstream or they'll have to back up A LOT.
You don't back off that much, I've followed Michael quite close through it, just had to brake earlier so I didn't hit him but you can still make up that time again, just practice it and you will see.
count me in plz
Nikos Koudourakis (nikosk31)
Very interesting track and car combo. Tried it a bit today and it is amazingly fine. You just have to be careful with it and be easy on the throttle.
Quote from Mischief007 :Very interesting track and car combo. Tried it a bit today and it is amazingly fine. You just have to be careful with it and be easy on the throttle.

Its fine alone but when your following someone closely its nearly impossible to not understeer into the wall.
Stop bitching and just drive, if all the aliens crash it can be our advantage

I got a new PB there today too Ima lookin to be competative this race
FO8 + digital throttle + bumpy chicane + walls =

Should be fun though. :P
Me + F08 + wals close to track + alot of bumps = 22 spins +15 crashes so far
Sander Kronberg ( [GT]Sannjx(EST) )
Even though it is far pass the 48 hour deadline, we are experiencing some internet issues and awaiting the Championship Standings to be updated before creating the official sign-up and reserve list. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
Stefan Alfons (Stefani24)
oops, sign me up pls

Jason Lovett ( JasonL220 )
Hi,

Due to some problems with my internet this week, I'm not sure if I will get to the race. It's beeing fixed, but I'm not sure, when it will be fixed. Maybe today, or tomorrow or next week. So, if I don't answer before the race, that I will be there, you can put me out. But until then, just leave everything how it is, because I might still make it.
Sry for doublepost.

My internet got fixed, so I will be to the race.

EDIT: What are your times?
After 20 laps of racing I got 38.10, but then after another 1h of racing I didn't beat it. But I got TPB=37.78, and 1st split 32.63, so I think I'll get a PB tomorrow.

I think the last turn is more annoying than the chicane. Anyway, nice wr pearcy. I was amazed how fast you can go through the chicane.
Its pretty easy if you get your line right, just follow the grrove running to it then make sure you brake quite a bit before the chicane into 3rd clip the small kurb on the right entering, let it roll and slowly get back on the power about hal way through, last corner is just throttle control really I expect rudy or the other aliens to get 36.7 thats about my spb but they will be a little faster
36.7?

I can't even get below 39.00 regularly.
I'll be up for some practice later on...although I'm sure it won't help me much.

Dave, Rudy and Nolan just arrive with about 30mins to the event and still pwn hard ^^
Got my PB down to 37.91, but regulary getting a 38.2

Might get a bit of practise shortly online.
Cont me out for tnhis event I have mairage to go to

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG