The online racing simulator
Race 2 Yellow Flags
I have noticed of late that XFG/XRG is now allowed to run on Race 2 with the TBO's. Only thing is, someone has forgotten to change the minimum speed limits for incurring a yellow flag. Over the last three days I have clocked up loads of yellows for simply driving a slower car as quickly as possible??

Can this be updated for the XFG/XRG please & can my yellows be wiped? (or not)
the yellow speed i think is done by lfs so not sure it is possible to turn the min speed down
Quote from anttt69 :Over the last three days I have clocked up loads of yellows for simply driving a slower car as quickly as possible??

I've noticed that some tracks(*) tend to generate more YFs than others, this is not specific to Race2 anyway.

(*) excluding BL1R of course
The track that it happened on was Aston Nat Rev. After going through the chicane at the end of the straight the uphill climb kept giving yellow flags if I had messed up the exit to the chicane.

As little as 10mph slower than a decent pace would trigger a yellow which means something is either wrong with LFS or with the X system. I think often there are issues with most reversed combo's as the system doesn't work well in reverse.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
#5 - Bean0
Quote from anttt69 :The track that it happened on was Aston Nat Rev. After going through the chicane at the end of the straight the uphill climb kept giving yellow flags if I had messed up the exit to the chicane.

As little as 10mph slower than a decent pace would trigger a yellow which means something is either wrong with LFS or with the X system. I think often there are issues with most reversed combo's as the system doesn't work well in reverse.

So your 10mph slower than normal pace would be even more slower than the race pace of the faster class.

It seems sensible to throw yellows as a warning to the faster class who could be approaching.
I see what your saying but my original point was hinting at how these yellows get recorded as a negative part of your CTRA record. So it would be good if the system could distinguish between car types.

Plus we already have Blue flag messages if & when we're being lapped.
Quote from anttt69 :I see what your saying but my original point was hinting at how these yellows get recorded as a negative part of your CTRA record. So it would be good if the system could distinguish between car types.

Plus we already have Blue flag messages if & when we're being lapped.

Just ignore your YFR and have fun. And blue flags are for you, not TBO drivers. If a nub is driving slowly, the others need to know.
I think you have missed the point. It's not about slow or slower drivers on the track, just the fact that the yellow flag system does not work on rev tracks.

Easy fix: x-system does not count yellows on reversed tracks
Quote from anttt69 :I have noticed of late that XFG/XRG is now allowed to run on Race 2 with the TBO's. Only thing is, someone has forgotten to change the minimum speed limits for incurring a yellow flag. Over the last three days I have clocked up loads of yellows for simply driving a slower car as quickly as possible??

Can this be updated for the XFG/XRG please & can my yellows be wiped? (or not)

Gotta agree, partially at least. I normally get yellow flags for just driving out of the pits on most tracks, although I've yet to experience a yellow flag during flat out driving in a STD car.
Quote from anttt69 :I think you have missed the point. It's not about slow or slower drivers on the track, just the fact that the yellow flag system does not work on rev tracks.

Easy fix: x-system does not count yellows on reversed tracks

You said it only happens when you mess up the chicane and end up going slower than you would usually do.

This creates a hazard on track for any approaching cars, especially those that would be travelling faster than you race pace anyway.

The yellow is to warn approaching cars, it is doing it's job.
The yellow flag ratio isn't used as a sole indicator of driving cleanliness, talent or skill in CTRA. We may consider it in addition to other factors, but to my knowledge it's never been used to either penalise or ban anyone.

The problem with adding exceptions for given combos are similar to that for car balancing - where do you draw the line? We simply don't have the time to debate what's fair to class as a yellow and what's not for each combo.

We're fully aware of the current quirks of LFS' yellow flag system, so there really is no need to worry about it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG