The online racing simulator
IMA Open Wheel Trophy 2009
Hello, I would like to present a new race club, IMA (International Motorsport Association). It is running its first series, the forum is set up, but is under the name 'Open Wheel Challenge' which we didnt realise was already a league, and this will be changed asap. So anyway, back on with introducing the championship,

Cars: FOX and FO8
Track for test race: AS6
Race Length: 20mins & 35mins
Calender: TBA
Date for test race: 7th February 2009 @ 7pm GMT
Drivers in team: 2
Closing date for entries: 4th Feb 2009
(You MUST be there at 6:40 GMT for drivers briefing)
Teamspeak is nessesary for drivers briefing only
And all the drivers behaviour will be watched, so this will weed out the crashers for the real series
Rules:
1.1) Race cleanly and fairly, we dont ask that you 'stop' after putting a driver off the track to wait for him to rejoin, as it ruins your race too. And if this is classified a racing incident which will be made in an unbiased decision, we have no problems, we understand that accidents do happen in racing.

1.2) If your car is damaged to a certain extent, which may cause you to 'veer' off the road when breaking, or if you have certain damage that will cause an accident in the race you must pull over to the side of the road where you would not obstruct other cars.

1.3) NO chat during the race, if a driver keeps talking during a race while others are concentrating, he may be punished with a DT penalty.

1.4) This event was created to promote teams, and to have fun. If we feel you are unmannerly or rude to others, we may have to take a 4-6 point penalty off your teams end total.

1.5) No unofficial lfs driving aids will be allowed to be used.

1.6) Its nessesary that your team sports a team skin. We ask you have different markings, e.g. mirrors and names on the skins to make out each car,and it will be in used in purpose of event media.

1.7) Results will be published within 48 hours of the race finish, this is for event reviewing for incidents and also for the purpose of trophy making.

1.8) When a safety car is out on track, you will be alerted via a message in the chatbox, this will be noticed as you arent allowed to telepit, block messages or chat during sessions, these will result in penalties if unauthorised by the Race Director

1.9) As soon as you are notified that the SC is out, you DO NOT race to the flag, you slow down immediately in a safe and orderly fashion, taking atleast 4 car lengths from your nearest competitor, until the SC pulls in, and then you may close up the gap, NO contact or passing before the line is allowed and will be punished in a harsh manner.

2.0) We are trying to make this series as real as possible, so if an accident occurs, you may not spectate unless told so, which will happen after the rescue car will clear you of the track

2.1) Incidents must be posted within 2 days of the race day, and may be appealled by the driver in question.

2.2) For streamed events, you may give us sponsors that you would like mentioned, and a high res skin is adivised.

2.3) Your worst score is dropped from your points total as we know that sometimes, joining a championship is demanding, and can be ruined by missed events.

2.4) An official decision by the admins is final, and arguing, being inconvienent, and disruptive to other racers will result in suspension from the series.

2.5) This is a fun event, but also a serious one, don't ruin the racing for others, as it ruins your fun too.

2.6) Each team can sign up 1 backup driver, he may replace one of the official drivers in any event, with a previous advise to the event admins.

2.7) Backup driver will add points to the team points table, but not to the driver he`s replacing.

Name:
Car:

Name Car Country

Jack Ward---------FO8--------GBR
Björn Pasteuning---FOX--------NLD
Dan Barber --------FOX-------GBR
Anton Moroz-------FOX-------FIN
Kev Higgins--------FOX-------DEU
Andrew Turner-----FOX-------ENG
Dan Zanetti--------FOX-------GBR
Tobias Osterhouse-FOX--------AUS
Philipe Martin------FOX--------FRA
Kenneth O'Keefe---FOX--------CAN
Daniel Prebble-----FOX---------ENG
Bayram Orazov----FOX---------USA
Klaidas Gasiunas---FO8---------LTU
Zachary Weiss-----FOX--------USA
Gino V.Herseveld---FOX--------NLD
Chris Wilkinson-----FO8--------GBR
B.Grindle----------FO8---------GBR
Dan Barber--------FOX---------GBR

FOX (0/14) FO8 (0/14)

28 slots are availible, these drivers get priority for the real season.
Name: Jack Ward

Car: F08
#3 - J@tko
Same day as iTCC R2
Quote from J@tko :Same day as iTCC R2

ok, well its now changed to the 7th, i wont be changing it again though for any other clashers
Name: Sebastiaan Looijen
Car: FOX
Name: Björn Pasteuning
Name: Daniel Barber

Withdrawing from the league, on same sundays as the DSR
I'm interested. I think SRS will be as well.

However, we can't make it to the test race because it clashes with Head 2 Head. But I'm sure we'll be interested in the series, depending, of course, on how this test event appears to go.
Shame it's on the same day that Open Wheel Racing League starts its own season.
Quote from EliteAti :Name: Anton Moroz

Btw, on which dates this league is going to be?

They wont coincide with OWRL or iTCC or IGTC, most likely sundays, and Sorry @ Storm_Cloud, i will definetly schedule the actual season alongside OWRL
Will inform my team and see if I can get any further interest, is there a particular closing date?

Name: Kev Higgins (dbpStoney)
Quote from mkinnov8 :Will inform my team and see if I can get any further interest, is there a particular closing date?

Name: Kev Higgins

yes actually, sorry, its the 4th February
Quote from pacesetter :ok, well its now changed to the 7th, i wont be changing it again though for any other clashers

For future reference please check the calander so you don't clash, or at least try not to clash with others. Same day as Event 3 of the Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09, which means I can't be there and would have enjoyed showing...
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from blackbird04217 :For future reference please check the calander so you don't clash, or at least try not to clash with others. Same day as Event 3 of the Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09, which means I can't be there and would have enjoyed showing...

It will ALWAYS clash on the weekends. However, i will try and schedule the season at different times to other events
Spread the word !
I would like to take part in this event, sounds like a good new championship

Name: Tobias Osterhouse
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from D.Zanetti :how many drivers per team, and how many laps will this race be?

we want to do 2 drivers per team, but may push towards 3 pending on what the competitors want

EDIT: and theres a 6 lapper and a 9 lapper (sorry for the indecisiveness, not at home, dont have all the facts and figures)
#20 - FL!P
Philippe Martin
FOX
France
Quote from D.Zanetti :how many drivers per team, and how many laps will this race be?

Quote from pacesetter :we want to do 2 drivers per team, but may push towards 3 pending on what the competitors want

EDIT: and theres a 6 lapper and a 9 lapper (sorry for the indecisiveness, not at home, dont have all the facts and figures)

Balls, just asked almost the same question via pm , dont need to reply now.

One question tho if I may... 6 and 9 laps.. are surely sprint races (they will be over in a flash for FO8 drivers at least), will there be a longer race too? Or are those just the test race - race lengths?
Name: Kenneth O'Keefe
Team: Legends Racing Team
Quote from pacesetter :we want to do 2 drivers per team, but may push towards 3 pending on what the competitors want

Quote from pacesetter :yes actually, sorry, its the 4th February

You might want to add both of these things to the OP, just so people don't have to search through the thread to find this info.

EDIT:
Sorry for double post.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Balls, just asked almost the same question via pm , dont need to reply now.

One question tho if I may... 6 and 9 laps.. are surely sprint races (they will be over in a flash for FO8 drivers at least), will there be a longer race too? Or are those just the test race - race lengths?

sorry, i am all over the place
got home, checked computer, we are doing a 12 lapper, and a 6 lapper, only for this track, as it may be a tad long for the FOX guys

@ Kenneth: Its in the rules that theyres two in a team, and a reserve driver
Quote from pacesetter :sorry, i am all over the place
got home, checked computer, we are doing a 12 lapper, and a 6 lapper, only for this track, as it may be a tad long for the FOX guys

@ Kenneth: Its in the rules that theyres two in a team, and a reserve driver

I meant the closing date, and the laps.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG