The online racing simulator
Combination for maximum points (car,server)
I would like to know the best combination how i can get maximum points. Which car i need to drive and in which server to get maximum possible points, and how much is it?

Don't mind flag, collision factors.
I would think it would be the XFR/UFR or gt2's on race3.

But If I were you I would just race with whichever car you like racing with.
I would think the "highest" cars you're permitted to drive, as driving cars beneath your license level earns you less points. So if you've got a Platinum license the GTR cars should earn you more points than the GT2 or GFR cars. I'm not sure if the number of drivers in your class actually makes a difference, eg. if there's 6 people on Race 3 and there's 2 drivers in each class, or if they're all running in the same class if you get the same amount of points in both cases.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from PioneerLv :I would like to know the best combination how i can get maximum points. Which car i need to drive and in which server to get maximum possible points, and how much is it?

Don't mind flag, collision factors.

Whatever the max class of car you can drive with your license is

The most points I've ever seen in one race is 240, given to a Gold Driver on a full server, driving a FZR-GT2.

Remember the amount of points depends on your position, starting position, yellow flags, laps, people on server, car you're driving, your current points, fastest lap compared to WR, and probably a hell of alot more aswell

@ obsolum I'm pretty sure its the total amount of people in the race, not just your class.
Thank you guys, close the thread please.
Quote from J@tko :The most points I've ever seen in one race is 240, given to a Gold Driver on a full server, driving a FZR-GT2.

I'm pretty sure I have seen something around 500 once on endurance day on Race 2. Was a 45 minute race, though, IIRC.
Once you're platinum and driving the GT1 class the scores are weighted in favour of the FZR.
#8 - HVS5b
Quote from obsolum :I would think the "highest" cars you're permitted to drive, as driving cars beneath your license level earns you less points. So if you've got a Platinum license the GTR cars should earn you more points than the GT2 or GFR cars. I'm not sure if the number of drivers in your class actually makes a difference, eg. if there's 6 people on Race 3 and there's 2 drivers in each class, or if they're all running in the same class if you get the same amount of points in both cases.

You would think so eh?

However, I seem to get more points for a decent result in GT2 than the same in GT1

Quote from SabersKunk :Once you're platinum and driving the GT1 class the scores are weighted in favour of the FZR.

Is that the case for GT1 as well? I kinda thought it only applied to GT2.

Seems a bit off if its applied to the unrestricted cars?
#9 - Bean0
Supposedly the bonuses for using slower cars within a class were abolished some time ago.
It used to say on the servers page, but has since been changed.
Aye, but Sam recently bowed to pressure (j/k!) from the FZR/XRR GT2 brigade, so they got a higher points than if driving an FXR GT2.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=49656

I don't think that should apply to the GT1's tho.
Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to always score higher than first place when I finish second to an FXR in GT1, I thought that was due to the weighting, maybe it's other factors.
Quote from SabersKunk :Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to always score higher than first place when I finish second to an FXR in GT1, I thought that was due to the weighting, maybe it's other factors.

The more points you have, the less you get.

It could be that the person finishing ahead of you has a boatload already, so only gets about 5-10 points for the win.
Quote from Bean0 :The more points you have, the less you get.

It could be that the person finishing ahead of you has a boatload already, so only gets about 5-10 points for the win.

Isn't that right... lol! I get 1pt for a win, if i'm lucky on SS1
Quote from peterules :Isn't that right... lol! I get 1pt for a win, if i'm lucky on SS1

serves you right for earning that IA license... i'll gladly take it off your hands...
There seems to be no points incentive for platinum drivers(and above) to enter GT1.
GT2 seems to score much higher than GT1 ,even if you are platinum and up.

I thought if you raced in a class below your licence you got less points?

To make the GT1 fields bigger ,less points need to be awarded if you drive GT2 and have a GT1 licence .
Quote : I thought if you raced in a class below your licence you got less points?

that be true. yarr.
So why do GT2 platinum podiums usually get more points than GT1 podiums?

This is due to larger fields in GT2, full of platinum drivers, because they get more points

There is not much incentive to drive GT1
Quote from Turbo Dad :So why do GT2 platinum podiums usually get more points than GT1 podiums?

This is due to larger fields in GT2, full of platinum drivers, because they get more points

There is not much incentive to drive GT1

It could be that the guys getting more points in the GT2s have a lot less points than the guys driving the GT1s, or that they are closer to the lap record, or that they do not go off track as much, or a mixture of all 3.

I would be surprised if GT2s provided more points for Platinum and above drivers, as it has always been the way of CTRA that to get the most points available to you, you must drive the highest licensed cars available to you.
Can we see points awarded per class/license anywhere say from last night?

edit : If 8 drivers on GT2 only 3 on GT1 , then the bigger fields scores higher therefore negating any licence/points rule, thus keeping the platinum drivers on GT2
Quote from Turbo Dad :Can we see points awarded per class/license anywhere say from last night?

Only if you grabbed a screenie.
It will most likely be stored somewhere, but not publicly viewable.

Edit: Grid size is total in race, not broken into classes I think.
Else you would not be credited with a valid race unless there was 4 or more in your class.
Seem like the more entrants per class get awarded bigger share.
Can we get clarification from the management ?
Quote from bunder9999 :serves you right for earning that IA license... i'll gladly take it off your hands...

You can have it for a price... I'm really disapointed that i didnt get a super-gauge when i achieved IA. It's not like i haven't tried hard over the past year or so lol. How about it SamH? Can i have a fancy gauge please hehehe! i noticed that the BnJ guy got one lately...
Quote from peterules :You can have it for a price... I'm really disapointed that i didnt get a super-gauge when i achieved IA. It's not like i haven't tried hard over the past year or so lol. How about it SamH? Can i have a fancy gauge please hehehe! i noticed that the BnJ guy got one lately...

Why would you get a supergauge for having the license attainable at 12k points ? That would be like the Platinum tintop guys getting one.

I expect you'll get one with whatever magical license 50k points gets you.
Quote from Bean0 :Why would you get a supergauge for having the license attainable at 12k points ? That would be like the Platinum tintop guys getting one.

I expect you'll get one with whatever magical license 50k points gets you.

Oops, My bad - I take it back.. i'll get 50k Points and start moanings again then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG