The online racing simulator
bnj track layout maps?
are there any track maps for the bnj servers? i tried them out today and had one of these moments... :ices_rofl

i like the champagne layout though... that's a fun one.
#2 - sokke
:biggrinfl Hilarious!

This should be high in poll for the best LFS-movie 2009.

And yes, maps would be nice. But still I think good laughs are much better especially if you got the whole field following you on your search.
i had something like that happen when i was on there once and i knew were i was going, so sitting at the back of the field watched everyone go wrong and then took the right path and won the race lol
Quote from sokke :This should be high in poll for the best LFS-movie 2009.

Yeah, that should be a good entry if it wasn't made in August 2007
#5 - sokke
Woops! My bad . There goes the credibility of those awards, it wasn't even nominated back then..
Quote from bunder9999 :are there any track maps for the bnj servers? i tried them out today and had one of these moments... :ices_rofl

i like the champagne layout though... that's a fun one.

Oh wow, that video is priceless. Crying with laughter

But maps would be good... Do the layout files get dumped on the local PC when you play? I didn't spot them yet but maybe looked in wrong place. If they do get dumped locally, it would probably be easy to knock up a simple map image.

I first tried BnJ a good while back and was unlucky enough to start off in the tiny car with no reverse gear at all (forget the car name/code) - ARGH. It might have been the champagne layout? The one with the tight left-hand hairpin with haybales etc. Bloody nightmare. Didn't finish a single lap. Every time I didn't bugger up the hairpin, someone else hit me from behind and buggered it up for me. Sheesh.
I then gave up for months (cos I thought BnJ was ONLY that car!) and retried this weekend. Had a lot of fun, but asked lots of people how the hell they figured out the course, and they basically all said "by following other people". I think I see a flaw in that plan...
Quote from Neilser :Oh wow, that video is priceless. Crying with laughter

But maps would be good... Do the layout files get dumped on the local PC when you play? I didn't spot them yet but maybe looked in wrong place. If they do get dumped locally, it would probably be easy to knock up a simple map image.

I first tried BnJ a good while back and was unlucky enough to start off in the tiny car with no reverse gear at all (forget the car name/code) - ARGH. It might have been the champagne layout? The one with the tight left-hand hairpin with haybales etc. Bloody nightmare. Didn't finish a single lap. Every time I didn't bugger up the hairpin, someone else hit me from behind and buggered it up for me. Sheesh.
I then gave up for months (cos I thought BnJ was ONLY that car!) and retried this weekend. Had a lot of fun, but asked lots of people how the hell they figured out the course, and they basically all said "by following other people". I think I see a flaw in that plan...

that car was probably the uf1000. i kinda like that car, it's what the ufr is based off of, and subsequently, the uf-br. it turns better than the xfg does.

the tight corner on champagne is annoying, i'll agree with you there, but it is navigable. i find it's easiest to slow right down to almost nothing and then let the cars own momentum take it through the corner, and then slam on the gas as you fly back towards the other loop.

as for a local copy of the layouts, i didn't see them either when i checked my layout folder, i don't think they get transmitted to the client.
Quote from bunder9999 :as for a local copy of the layouts, i didn't see them either when i checked my layout folder, i don't think they get transmitted to the client.

No, they don't. You have to press Shift + U while the layout is loaded on the server, then you get an option to save the layout.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, they don't. You have to press Shift + U while the layout is loaded on the server, then you get an option to save the layout.

Cool! I had been planning to try Shift-U to try and get a screenshot (must learn how to take screenshots ) but didn't realise that would actually allow saving the layout too.
Quote from Neilser :(must learn how to take screenshots )

Ctrl + S and the screenshot gets saved to LFS/data/shots.
Quote from zeugnimod :Ctrl + S and the screenshot gets saved to LFS/data/shots.

Ooo, that was embarrassingly easy! Thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG