The online racing simulator
#51 - AMB
Thank you very much for letting us in.
I have to say that I am a little dissapointed since we are nearly last on the waiting grid. We have showed some great results and clean racing since the day our team was released, so thats a little bit dissapointing indeed, but we thank you for the opertunity, and GL with IGTC
Hey !

Estonian Endurance Racers thanks for opportunity to race in IGTC. We hope that we will have fun together and some decent and clean racing.

Best Regards, Kirill.D.
Team Owner
#54 - CSF
Quote from hyntty :I wouldn't worry about getting or not getting in. I've personally lost a lot of respect to the series and it's admins by judging the test race...

What happened in the test race to give you that feeling?
Quote from CSF :What happened in the test race to give you that feeling?

Not what, but how it's handeled. For starters they could post the results... Secondly the safety car period was questonable at least. I've never seen a sc deployed so slowly. Since there was a few admins around someone could have watched the rear end of the grid where everyone hit the brakes when the green flag went (?). On top of that they still haven't posted the results, nor have they replied to our question about which position we finished in since our calculation doesn't match the trackers.
The tracker is accurate with the exception of Lightning Racing, who ran an extra lap in violation of our request to stop in T1 after the race. (Though I believe that was due to a teammate joining the track after the race had ended.) i.e., the tracker IS the results. Since this was not a points race, and was merely for the admins' evaluation purposes, we didn't feel it necessary to go through the motions of doing a spreadsheet and so on. Sorry.
Great news, thanks for the opportunity.

will See you on the track.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You're on the waiting list in the 9th position, which means that you will enter the series if nine teams drop from the grid (or more quickly, if some teams ahead of you in the waiting list withdraw themselves).

Last season we had 14 teams from the waiting list join the series over the course of the season, so this is quite possible.

sry, but it was like a punch in our face, that P1-5 was accepted and some behind and the 6th place got only place 9 on the waiting list. so its like we were 15th....
i don't know which factors you were watching for.... but when i see the teamlist, its now MoE 2.
we are a bit disappointed because now we have no chance to get good place in the final ranking. and there is no guarantee to have an igtc race this year.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :The tracker is accurate with the exception of Lightning Racing, who ran an extra lap in violation of our request to stop in T1 after the race. (Though I believe that was due to a teammate joining the track after the race had ended.) i.e., the tracker IS the results. Since this was not a points race, and was merely for the admins' evaluation purposes, we didn't feel it necessary to go through the motions of doing a spreadsheet and so on. Sorry.

for this i say sorry, forgot to tell my mate not to drive.
you should switch off the tracker after all drivers ranked to avoid
BTW I don't recall seeing a rule where it says you must stop at t1 after the race is finished?

This also wasn't the case last season?
#60 - CSF
Quote from hyntty :BTW I don't recall seeing a rule where it says you must stop at t1 after the race is finished?

They were using the MoE tracker which does not stop tracking the cars after the finish.
There is no rule saying that, but for the test race the MoE tracker was used, and that one doesn't stop recording after the race finishes (unlike the one used last season). That's the only reason you were asked to stop

Edit: Damn you Chris
#62 - CSF
I own Gil again...
Quote from hyntty :BTW I don't recall seeing a rule where it says you must stop at t1 after the race is finished?

Both Ben's stressed the fact before the leader crossed the line that they must park at turn one.
SCCS says thank you IGTC for the chance to run 2009 season.

we realy enjoyed the testrace dispite some failure to planning from our side.

/Mike
Hi. DWB It was me who joined track i quess to have a little fun with my team mates and admins and other guys on the track. but you did not once say we were not aloud to join track and tracker was on so maybe next time please warn people.

Thanks
Quote from livefornow :Hi. DWB It was me who joined track i quess to have a little fun with my team mates and admins and other guys on the track. but you did not once say we were not aloud to join track and tracker was on so maybe next time please warn people.

Thanks

Quote from niall09 :Both Ben's stressed the fact before the leader crossed the line that they must park at turn one.

But it's not really any worry. Like I said, the results are accurate except for LR, and we know where you actually finished anyway.
Congratulations to the teams selected

Nice job
Some teams should better shut up because they are now showing that they did not understand what the test race was all about.

All teams that had a chance to race in this test race should be thankful for opportunity because it could have easily been that admins decided who to choose without the race, based only on previous results of team and their overall presentation in LFS so far. But they were kind enough to take their time, and to do event like this to give extra chance to some unproven teams.
Some of them done well with it, and showed their performance over the race. Some others thought that their presence in LFS would be enough and that showing in the race is not important, but it is not like that, so even I have erased some names from my provisional list after this race...

I'm positive that admins did their best and that they thought well about selecting teams. If you look my previous posts you will see that I was very much right who will get a place, I've mentioned some teams that did well and they got their spot. And I remind you that I'm not admin nor I can influence their decision. My judgment was very objective from that point and as I say it is very similar to admin decision so that leads us that their decision is objective too...

Congrats to selected teams, and to others, as a manager of one of the teams that joined last season in the middle of it, I suggest to keep an eye on IGTC because I'm sure some teams will get their chance in it...

See you on track!

P.S. I hear that there will be a feeder series you might also take a look into...
Teamsport-online retired after non-acception
A little bit disappointing. Some of the accepted teams didn´t show up in the test race either in the iRC or handling the rules as mentioned before.

But we will accept this decision by the admins! Thank you for the test race (was still a good expirience for me to drive this mode of racing like i organized the SHAC events in Germany 2007) and good luck to all competing teams.

We are also retiring definitly from the waiting list.
Congrats to selected teams

Quote from NelsonGPV :Great news, thanks for the opportunity.

will See you on the track.

Felicitaciones Nelson!
Quote from Michael Radmer :A little bit disappointing. Some of the accepted teams didn´t show up in the test race either in the iRC or handling the rules as mentioned before.

But we will accept this decision by the admins! Thank you for the test race (was still a good expirience for me to drive this mode of racing like i organized the SHAC events in Germany 2007) and good luck to all competing teams.

We are also retiring definitly from the waiting list.

Sorry to hear that, Mika! Hopefully we'll see you again someday.

-Ben
Quote from BinBalde :Congrats to selected teams

Felicitaciones Nelson!

Ese binba, muchas gracias,
el Team esta motivado para seguir trabajando juntos y dar pelea en el champ. Aunque sabemos que es nuestro primer año.

Nos vemos en la pista
hm, sorry to hear that.
so we are also retiring from the waiting list.

the one point is, that we've got two drivers who couldn't handle the FCV and the other point is, that we don't want to wait for a race to come, where we could participate.

thanks for the test race though,
greets thomas from the innovate racing team
FCV will not be in effect this season.
Quote from hyntty :Not what, but how it's handeled. For starters they could post the results... Secondly the safety car period was questonable at least. I've never seen a sc deployed so slowly. Since there was a few admins around someone could have watched the rear end of the grid where everyone hit the brakes when the green flag went (?). On top of that they still haven't posted the results, nor have they replied to our question about which position we finished in since our calculation doesn't match the trackers.

I won't reply with respects to the results, but just one more thing that wasn't cleared up.

It's impossible for every part of the field to be monitored, especially during safety car periods. Infact most of the admins have a job during these periods, be it driving the safety car or preparing the insim app which had failed twice to work and is why the Safety car periods seemed to be called late, when infact the safety car was waiting at the end of the pit lane for the lead car to come round for about a minute. Also clearly a lot of teams hadn't read the rules properly or were not fully in control of their vehicles and hence haven't been accepted (not the only reason in some teams case).

Once again i must reiteratethat this is a test race and much like a game demo, is not representative of the way the league runs during the season.

I'm sorry your team didn't get through but it basically sounded like sour grapes to be honest.

IGTC 2009 Season Accepted Teams and Numbers
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG