The online racing simulator
Thanks to the admins for making the event happen. Unfortunately, being pitched against Nolan in the very first knockout race was almost a fore-gone conclusion.

Bring on the tin tops!
Hmm a little mixed for me, had an ok first race against zeug and obviously moved to round 2 as zeug was filing his nails instead of driving. Round 2 was bitter/sweet after the first race i thought id have no chance in the second, we were side by side nearly all the way to the chicane and i decided i wasn't letting off (who had the biggest balls really) and dave let off a little too much so i won. Glad i won, not happy about how it was decided really. Then had Rudy in the semi's which was pretty much a disaster both races, pushing too hard and a few lag moments and i was out. Well organised and looking forward to the next ones.
had fun but ended bad,

could pass threw the rounds without to much problems,

the final was disided in the last race, i didnt new the rule about that i was 0.15 in front took the attack last corner ( no pearcy i checked replay wasnt a divebomb at all ) and got feckerd but he lfs crash system the front wheels toutch light and i get spun,

anyway grats nolan

and cu next race
Well... A good qual, but met Rudy Van Buren in round two. Was nearly 1 mm behind though =)
Got eliminated by Taha at first round. Didn't expected any more than this though...

We are very sorry to those that didn't have a chance to qualify, it seems there's something wrong when people keeps timing out and such.
All in all it was a pretty decent event with some great battles.. looking forward to the other events.
I failed as much as the insim did

Didn't realise I was actually in until 1858 GMT, so didnt really have much practice

Managed to shave over 1 second off my PB in Warmup (1 :P)

Then Quali came, failed, so we had Warmup again

I was in quali 2, lap was going well until the chicane where I binned it

Managed to sneak in another lap, nearly span and so was out. but WTF Stefan where did you come from?! 3rd in quali 2

Went to have tea, then came back to some amazing racing

Good job all, see you next week where I'll fail even worse. Maybe I'll use the NDR SC skin so you all can't overtake me
I had a great time tonight. I had Michael in first round, passed him in the S1 corner. Race 2 I had Messy, enjoyed that, was pretty close racing..into the semi's i go.

Met Nolan then, had a very scrappy 1st race, and we got tangled up in s/f straight, with me spinning out of control across the finsh line. 2nd race was a bit neater, you seemed to pull away after T1, but i got the slipstream and made a last ditch effort to try and get you on the inside, but it didn't work out.

Anyway, was chuffed to get to Semi's, and congratz to Nolan.

Bring on the RAC )
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hmm a little mixed for me, had an ok first race against zeug and obviously moved to round 2 as zeug was filing his nails instead of driving.

How do you say it? SHADAP!!! Btw, you must really suck since I actually beat you in the first race even while filing my nails.

I got further than I expected since I survived the quali. Even made a new pb in each of the two warmups but knew that I had no chance against 90% of other drivers who made it into Round 1.
Quote from J@tko :I failed as much as the insim did

Didn't realise I was actually in until 1858 GMT, so didnt really have much practice

Managed to shave over 1 second off my PB in Warmup (1 :P)

Then Quali came, failed, so we had Warmup again

I was in quali 2, lap was going well until the chicane where I binned it

Managed to sneak in another lap, nearly span and so was out. but WTF Stefan where did you come from?! 3rd in quali 2

Went to have tea, then came back to some amazing racing

Good job all, see you next week where I'll fail even worse. Maybe I'll use the NDR SC skin so you all can't overtake me

Well...I was having a look at how dave drove through the middle part, and realised that i was driving 2 gears to high (got his setup, thanks again)
But i lost it in my first qual lap, and crahsed into the wall.
Luckily i could get out of the pits whitl like 1 second open pits time remaining again, and could pull off a rather good lap - i think i MAY can go into the 6es, if i really get a good lap - But then i had to race vs rudy, the best racer in lfs i think, and messed up the first corner.
Hope my finish was stylish, though.
Big fail from me... I set the race fuel in and so my fuel tank was empty about 100 meters before finishing line in qualy and that's why i dropped out... better luck next time...
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :TEST EVENT [Successful] - was it really?

Would you like me to change the title to [Unsuccessful]?

The test event tested everything that we could possibly test with that number of people, and since this is the last time an event will have 30 players in it that shouldn't happen again. Apologies for the system giving you a disadvantage - in future, even if you're not told to join, press shift+j to just double check. We think that you were supposed to be an one of the sessions, but the system didn't tell you. Maybe you can shed a little light on your experience so we can fix it?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
In future, even if you're not told to join, press shift+j to just double check.

I did that too, just to check, but actually its illegal

Quote from de Souza :
Q.2.1) Each participant has 5 minutes to finish their session, which consists of the following; (P1 Penalty for joining during wrong session).

I think that the boldened bit needs to be taken out.
Quote from J@tko :I did that too, just to check, but actually its illegal

When I saw that there were too few in Q1, I already suspected there was something wrong... But pitlane was already closed, so nothing I could do about it... Still, I figured I'd be in Q2, double-checked when I still wasn't called as Mp3 suggested and got a penalty for that...

Bummer, I could have easily made a time below 1:07 (best time of Q2) and gotten into the event...
Quote from J@tko :I did that too, just to check, but actually its illegal

I think that the boldened bit needs to be taken out.

Yea this is what I explained to Taylor and what not. It could also have been timing out at the wrong times makes the system not include someone, may need to test that more thoroughly although, I hope there are no issues there cause that would be insane, and its probably dumb luck of when the timeout occurs. Either way, yes that rule needs to be changed, since that was before things were neatly done.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Yea this is what I explained to Taylor and what not. It could also have been timing out at the wrong times makes the system not include someone, may need to test that more thoroughly although, I hope there are no issues there cause that would be insane, and its probably dumb luck of when the timeout occurs. Either way, yes that rule needs to be changed, since that was before things were neatly done.

Have you checked if maybe those were the last 4-5 of Q1... Maybe it stopped sending out messenges after number 10...
RULE CHANGE:

Quote from Old Rule :Q.2.1) Each participant has 5 minutes to finish their session, which consists of the following; (P1 Penalty for joining during wrong session).

Quote from New Ruling :Q.2.1) Each participant has 5 minutes to finish their session, which consists of the following; (Press Shift-J to see if you are in the session, system will spectate you if you're not.)

Reason: This rule is changed because the system will not allow participants to join if they are not in the system. Since there has been some confusion in the past, I would rather people be urged to attempt getting into each session, than to not qualify at all.

PROCEDURE CHANGE:

Quote from Old Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions with half the grid. Slower racers in the first session, faster racers in the second.

Quote from New Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions separating the grid. Faster racers in the first session, slower racers in the second.

Reason: The procedure was coded this way in the automated system because in the earlier days we accepted the late joiners and they would qualify in session two with the other racers that didn't make it into the first session. I want to point out there is no specific on this split, because it could be half, it could be a set limit of 10 in the faster session, but whichever it is the faster session will always have the same or LESS racers than the slower session to give them a small advantage for getting a good time in warmup.
Hi guys, the results are already up on our website (check the Events Calendar on the right).

The standings will be up soon as we have to sort some penalties yet.
Sorry bout missing the event - my wireless power plug was mysteriously unplugged but at 4:30am in the morning I didn't think to check that and when I couldn't connect to the internet I just went back to bed.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :At this point my connection seemed stable & i could finally set a time without disconnecting. Goody! I looked for my name for Quali 1, as told to do so, but it didn't appear... Goody i think again, i must be fast enough for Quali 2... ready to go out on track, waited for my name to be displayed. It never was. The end.

I don't know if you just chose the "wrong" words but your name isn't displayed for quali. It just asks/tells you to join. Maybe you just missed that?
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :But i would've seen it if i was looking for it, wouldn't i?

I'd say so, yes.

It tells you in blue letters (I think) to join right at the start of the quali session.
Haha, that was a practice race, I didn't care about that then. I was just afraid you would do that in the actual event, too.
I didnt get a message, but I tried to join in qual one, since I thought I had a good enough time for it, and it was.

I used my head... :P
#98 - CSF
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Pfft. Used you head...?

So the moral of story is: don't do what you're told and rules are made to be broken

Also to fix your connection.
Quote from Tomhah :I didnt get a message, but I tried to join in qual one, since I thought I had a good enough time for it, and it was.

I used my head... :P

That's what I was hoping to hear and is exactly why that rule was changed. Everybody take Tommy's example (this is the last time I'll ever say that)!
I think the one thing to remember is that rules are there to stop people cheating or gaining an unfair advantage, not to penalise you for things that are not your fault or where you're just trying to get on with racing. If there's a rule that you think is wrong then point it out to the admins, they want as much as you do for the racing to be done on the track and not with (potentially unfair) penalties post-race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG