The online racing simulator
bunbun's GT-M Tourney - pre-discussion thread
i was thinking of creating a ufbr-like intake-reduced gtr event, and if turnout willing, maybe a series or league.

here's the catch:
- i can probably host the server, but...
- don't have any insim stuff [fixed]
- don't have any helpers, yet
- i have a webserver, and a working phpbb3 forum, mail server, ftp server, etc
- i have no experience in running this kind of event
- haven't decided on which gtr car, or cars [fixed]
- haven't decided on how reduced the power should be [fixed]
- haven't decided on the tracks, or the amount of laps [fixed]
- haven't decided on dates/times
- you get the point... :ices_rofl

anywho, is anyone interested?
Im in!
Quote from Vinnylegends :Im in!

cool beans.

still trying to work out some of the car details... i might run a xfr/fxr/xrr three-way if i can get them balanced.

more to come i guess.
Excactly what was wrong with the iTCC? Why must you have your own league?
nothing, i guess... by the looks of it, it's only one car? and it's only restricted by 32%

i'd want it slower than that. currently tinkering with 45%... :auto:
i guess id be in.
maybe every race a new car, at least a new restriction %
how bout that?
Quote from Stefani24 :i guess id be in.
maybe every race a new car, at least a new restriction %
how bout that?

i'm not sure how fair that would be if everyone picked the fastest car configuration for each track... for example on ky2 and westhill, the fwd cars are really left in the dust, but they're faster on so5r and as1...

i still have a bit of testing to do, not to mention getting a server running...
for those still interested, i'm still working on the numbers... the FZR still seems a little fast for my liking, and despite the FWD-GTR's top speed, they still seem a little slow overall.

(i might consider moving the FWD-GTR's into their own class, and drop them to UFbR-ranged power output)

bear with me, i'll get this pieced all together soon.
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm not sure how fair that would be if everyone picked the fastest car configuration for each track... for example on ky2 and westhill, the fwd cars are really left in the dust, but they're faster on so5r and as1...

i still have a bit of testing to do, not to mention getting a server running...

I think you got me wrong.

I meant that in the first race for example is the xfg with 32% and inthe second race the rac with 15%.
thought i'd post a little update...

still working on it... i've decided to split the FWD GTR's into their own class (GT1), and set the intake to 45%, to match the UF-bR. as much as i would have preferred having all 5 cars on track at once, i couldn't come up with numbers that i liked (either the GT1's would get too fast or the GT2's would be too slow, or the FXR/FZR would smoke everything)...

i'm now working on balancing the GT2 cars (i might start with 40%). when i find something i like, i'll put up the GT2-mini server.

this time around, what i'd like to do is alternate each class in the race rotation, starting with the GT2's. maybe next time around i'll run separate GT1 and GT2 tourneys (we'll see how this first one goes).

still haven't finalized lap numbers or dates, so stick around.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999
okay, i got the GT2 server online now... it's currently set to 32/35/30. might need a little more tweaking, but play with it and let me know. setups are available online.

i posted some lap numbers for the GT1 class, and will soon post some for the GT2 class. i calculated them out to be around 1.5 hours... i hope that's not too long for one driver.

still haven't posted times or dates, that depends mostly on my work schedule and participants.

cheers
Hey Bunder !

Since a couple of days I've been working on a new league idea with restricted GTR and normal mini-GTR cars to make them perform like an upgraded version of their road legal counterparts.

The car list includes :
- UFR
- XFR
- XRR
- FXR

Obviously no FZR because it would be pointless to reduce it below the stock power-to-weight ratio of the FZ5

I've been doing the balancing and the testing, so far it seems to work quite well. I did so that every car had like its flaws and its good aspects, but I need some more testing time

If you're interested to work with me, send me a PM and I'll give you the list of balancing

Moreover, I was thinking of doing a league with a specific idea : having "standard parts" to choose from (e.g. Each driver/team chooses at the beginning of the league a specific set of transmission ratios for his car that he will have for the whole league - and he also chooses a set of three different final gear ratios). For the moment, I think that building up an Insim program from scratch to check that the setups meet the part requirement is a bit too complicated and too long, so it will have to be humanly enforced, at least for starters.

PM me if you're interested
Okay, it's been a while since I posted here, so I wanted to post an update.

Cars and restrictions have been set. Setups available on the website, in my sig.

Track rotation has been finalized and two possible start dates have been entered for the first event. The two possible dates are May 15th or May 24th. Haven't set a time-of-day, will do that when I have a better idea of what time zone the most competitors are from. I would like to run one race every 3-5 weeks.

Rules are for the most part set, and of course everything there is negotiable until race day.

Link is in my sig for further information. Signup will occur on the forum, but not in this thread, I'm hoping I can get a subcategory for all this stuff.

Thanks for being patient and thanks for your interest.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG