The online racing simulator
IGTC 2009 Season Rules

Hello racers!

Attached are the IGTC 2009 season rules.

I have to warn you, this is a large document (13 pages). The rules are essentially identical to the ones we'd settled on by the end of the 2008 season, which was a particularly torturous time for the rulebook. We have attempted to cover as many possibilities as possible with this rule set. Our philosophy is that it's better to have a rule ready to go than to have to invent one on the fly.

If you find any errors of consistency, spelling, numbering, etc, in the rules, please let me (DWB) know. (Note: Don't correct the American English.)

You can also find the rules on the IGTC site.

UPDATED July 23, 2009
Attached files
IGTC 2009 Season Rules.doc - 80.5 KB - 406 views
IGTC 2009 Season Rules Tracked Changes.doc - 90.5 KB - 387 views
Rules changes in advance of Round 2:

Rules changes:
  • A1) Clarified teams ability to make post-deadline roster changes, as well as post-start roster changes.
  • B1.2) Changed 75% rule to 80% rule. Removed time-based language. Driver's driven distance will be judged solely by the tracker, with 5% extra headroom (80% vs 75%) for error.
  • G3) Clarified penalty for re-taking position after a spin under SC conditions. Updated SG penalty for causing an under-SC spin to reflect flexibility for severity of the incident.
  • H5) Similarly to G3, updated penalties for successfully protested car-to-car/general incidents to DT or SG depending on the severity of the incident. This has been our practice already--just clarifying it.
  • J2 & J2.1) Relaxed the language regarding entering and exiting the server in a timely fashion, as this has always been a gray area. Drivers should still adhere to the suggested boundaries as closely as possible, but it will require flagrant disregard to be penalized.
  • Various additional wording changes throughout, generally for clarity.
For highlighted changes, download the "tracked changes" version of the rules from the OP.
#3 - Bean0
Also, the rules on the page aren't updated yet.

Use the rules docs in the OP for the time being.
all done
Thanks, Benj!
Rules changes in advance of Round 4 (updated in OP):
  • C3: "Failure to properly format one’s name in a race session will result in a DT penalty."
  • F5: "Drivers who receive on-track penalties during qualifying (speeding in pits, etc) are asked to serve them during qualifying. Penalties that are not served during the qualifying period will be reapplied during the race."
  • Old F5 becomes F6.
  • P1: Edited to add: "Each team must have a representative present on this channel during each race to facilitate easy communication with series admins. Failure to have a representative present when needed will result in a C1 penalty."
  • Q1: Edited to clarify: "Chatting is strictly forbidden during Qualifying and Race sessions. This includes binds, intentional chats, and blocking/unblocking of messages. Violations of this rule during qualifying will result in a rear-of-grid penalty as described in rule F5. Infractions during the race will result in an immediate DT penalty."
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Rules changes in advance of Round 4 (updated in OP):
  • C3: "Failure to properly format one’s name in a race session will result in a DT penalty."
  • F5: "Drivers who receive on-track penalties during qualifying (speeding in pits, etc) are asked to serve them during qualifying. Penalties that are not served during the qualifying period will be reapplied during the race."
  • Old F5 becomes F6.
  • P1: Edited to add: "Each team must have a representative present on this channel during each race to facilitate easy communication with series admins. Failure to have a representative present when needed will result in a C1 penalty."
  • Q1: Edited to clarify: "Chatting is strictly forbidden during Qualifying and Race sessions. This includes binds, intentional chats, and blocking/unblocking of messages. Violations of this rule during qualifying will result in a rear-of-grid penalty as described in rule F5. Infractions during the race will result in an immediate DT penalty."

Good changes - especially P1.
#9 - Megin
so adress of IRC will be irc.gamesurge.net? and there will be IGTC channel?
Quote from Megin :so adress of IRC will be irc.gamesurge.net? and there will be IGTC channel?

has been for years if you go on the igtc site, there is a link that will run irc for you and connect you to the channel at the bottom left there is also one on quakenet
oh i see, so we will be use that first link - [url="irc://irc.gamesurge.net/IGTC"]#IGTC@Gamesurge[/url], right?
Quote from Megin :oh i see, so we will be use that first link - [url="irc://irc.gamesurge.net/IGTC"]#IGTC@Gamesurge[/url], right?

What is IRC? And where do we get it?

Regards
Franke... Click
Thanks, will see if can get it to work.

And what a BAD decition to publish a MUST BE ON 3 days before the race, and mid season, and on top of that, without a "how to"...

Regards
Franke
#17 - CSF
Quite honestly I am shocked that teams would even consider not being in touch with the admins at all times anyway. Complaining about this new rule is quite silly imo, it just means that every team knows about what the admins are doing, and get information that is needed, such as the red flag at KY2.
Getting the following message when clicking the link in a previos post:

* Connect retry #17 irc.gamesurge.net (6667) (dns pool)
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
-
16FSonne Erroneous Nickname
-
AUTO [1 hour] Unsecured HTTP proxy, please fix your web proxy configuration to fix this or see http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Proxy%20G-lines/ for more information..
-
Closing Link: FSonne by Krypt.CA.US.GameSurge.net (G-lined)
-
* Disconnected

Regards
Franke... Click
16FSonne erroneous nickname... that should give you a hint... try Alias|whatever
HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!!!!!

I have no idea what IRC is, though i've intalled it, i don't know how to get it to work, and considering my car will be penalized for not being on, i am therefore ALSO responsible, for having someone else on that when i am driving, which means that i have to get it to work and have to assist BOTH my teammates in how they can get it to work, as there will not be anyone on irc when i get into the car...

Regards
Franke... Click
How hard can it be?

Download ChatZilla for Firefox, install, click that link and you're done...
It can be VERY hard Gil.

I have downloaded mIRC, installed it, and have no idea what the program should or should not do, i have no idea about programsettings or anything about it. I have NEVER tried IRC, and do not know anyone who has. And when i click the link it just beeps anoyingly, and i look at it and it tells me nothing helpfull, i'v tried changing my alias to Alias|FSonne same problem...

So basically i am sc...ed... But what the heck, we get 2 point deduction for every incident where we are needed in IRC, so that will help us a lot, as we have a ton of point to take away, so maybe we can get through the race still being in positive points...

Starting to get a bit sacastic, and i know that will not help anyones willingness to help, but making a new rule like this, with no HOW TO, for those of us who has never tried IRC is a bit, i can't even find a nice word for it.

I generally think its a good idea that we have to be on "SOMETHING" for admin availablilty, but it is imo ridiculous, to asume that everyone just knows how to install and use IRC...

And i do not use Firefox...

Regards
Franke... Click
Install Firefox so you can use chatzilla then, works flawlessly...
Not an option...

I have already bent company policy when i installed mIRC...

Regards
Franke... Click
Visit gamesurge web-chat, enter a nickname and once connected type "/join #IGTC" (without quotes) and hit enter.

The same service is available for quakenet, however there you should enter #IGTC in the 'channels' box.

IGTC 2009 Season Rules
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG