The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ColeusRattus :IIRC, bob smith made them

Nope.

From LFS credits:

Special thanks: Aki Räsänen - additional car setups
hmm interesting revelation, could tempt me to plug the g25 back in and fire lfs up
Quote from Hyperactive :For race_s, you just need to rename them and they are just as fine as they were back then when they were released.

I have all of them renamed. well... I can drive them, but that's not the point. They are still slow (that's not a problem really for the purpose of all round sets) and they do not have nice handling characteristics. (trying to put it in a nice way).

Usually the suspension on them is excessively stiff.
For me race S setups need to be just a little stiffer than the hard track setups, in order to have mild handling characteristics.
They will still be slow… but much easier to handle for someone who needs just to drive a combo for the firs time without having to download a setup

Maybe I should stop talking and start making an easy to handle setup pack myself. This isn’t going to happen till next year though because right now I don’t have my “able to run LFS” PC.
its next week now any more information?
Quote from Scawen :We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

You have still to wait at least 4 more agonizing days.
Quote :...during the week ending Friday 19th December.

Hope it's coming faster than on friday !
Quote from Scawen :More information next week!

Next week has started, more details please.
Quote from Amynue :Next week has started, more details please.

Did you notice the "TEST PATCH" section is open already? For this you don't even need the search button
It's been open since december 13th
Quote from Velociround :Did you notice the "TEST PATCH" section is open already? For this you don't even need the search button
It's been open since december 13th

But we are talking about Scirocco, not about the test patch without Scirocco...
I think he meant that the Testpatch contains many changes of the patch, so just take that list, add the scirocco and you're good to go.
Quote from Amynue :But we are talking about Scirocco, not about the test patch without Scirocco...

"More information next week!"
It doesn't specify "More scirocco only information next week!"
We received much more information about the next patch... and before 'next week'
Quote from Velociround :"More information next week!"
It doesn't specify "More scirocco only information next week!"
We received much more information about the next patch... and before 'next week'

You missed the sentence from Scawen that sais "There will be no more changes but the Scirocco in the oficial patch"
Quote from Whiskey :You missed the sentence from Scawen that sais "There will be no more changes but the Scirocco in the oficial patch"

Incorrect. There will be no more new content (read: cars, tracks). Changes there will be. Probably. Maybe.
Quote from deggis :Aren't the race_s setups already done by someone else than a dev?

Yep, I think if you have the patience to go through the end roll when you quit LFS you can see the credits for those.
Thank you all very much for the discussions which we have followed.

I am sorry to have to say that we have to postpone the release, because we can't reach the required standard in the time available.

I've made a new thread with full explanation and will close this thread now to avoid confusion.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51458
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG