The online racing simulator
Ask us a question!
If you have any questions pertaining to the "Road to F1" series, please reply to this post and we will answer as soon as possible.
Alright well here goes.

1. When will the layouts be presented to us, the drivers?

2. Is there a set of rules for the league that we can read or is it still being worked on?

3. When you mean that a few selected people move on, is it by standings or do the race admins chose based on consistency, speed, if they are clean but hard racers, etc.?
evilpimp: To answer your questions..

1. The custom layouts are undergoing a final review before the release date is announced. We make sure to let everybody know before this weekend is over.

2. There will be General Rules and "Event-specific" rules. You can click on the link to view them. The latter is being reviewed at the moment as they have to match our tweaks to the custom layouts.

3. You automatically progress by staying active in the series. We take into account that some drivers may either lose focus or find the races too tough or competitive. This will lower the pool of total drivers on a time axis.

Hope I answered your questions!
Yep you did, and I see that theres a Rules section in here aswell. I guess I was a little too quick :P.

Thanks for the answers.
-
(ivantod) DELETED by ivantod
Kick you out obviously

(hi, hope you all ready for an ass whoopin)
My opinion would be having either 2 pools/2 servers or having 2 qual sessions and cutting out the slower people. Now let's here it from the man himself. :P

(Hi again Taylor! Good to see I'll be racing you again. Pfft, you're getting the ass whoopin' again. (If I don't time out, lose connection, or get Joe reverse on the track into me.) )
TAYLOR-MANIA: To answer your question..

We will span the event over 2 servers. There will be an official "training server" which will use LFSLapper to record your lap time for the course. 24 hours before the event, the lap times will be finalized and you will know which server to race on. All this information will be published on the web and should be easily accessible. Stay tuned for new info (training server info, etc..)

(please rate your customer support experience as A:Bad, B:Good, C:Goodest )
So 24 hours prior to the event the train server will be on with the lapper and recording our laptimes? Before qual, or anything?

So the day before the race, we have to get in the server and lap? Then our best time will ''quali'' us into a server for the real qual?

Sounds good

(C: Goodest (/best) )
Will there be any restrictions on who can enter so it doesn't dampen the feeling of really going up the ladder to a F1 car?

Ex: someone who holds a BF1 WR ?
Sueycide_FD: We do not have such rule. Please see the next post.
UPDATE:

We just released our Road to Formula 1 Event Guide (v1.0).

Event guide thread is here

Hopefully it answers/clarifies some of your questions.
Why R2 on the spec FBM set? I recently did a 15-lap race on FE2 with a group of friends and R1s easily went the distance running laps around 1:06.

I'm guessing it's to slow down and tighten the field. I'm curious (not complaining ) what the official line is.
The Spec FBM setup was adopted from rulebook of the real Formula BMW series by [DSR]Sizzle (kartracer) and [DSR]Delusion (delusion_xhpb) and used for the "[DSR] Spec FBM" series earlier this year. Now I can't fully remember how, but they came to the conclusion that R2's were best suited for the spec set. If you want more in-depth info, just PM Delusion on the DSR forums.

Here is a video from that series. Everybody is using that same spec set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywl-ekQAO1c
Quote from Lebaron :The Spec FBM setup was adopted from rulebook of the real Formula BMW series by [DSR]Sizzle (kartracer) and [DSR]Delusion (delusion_xhpb) and used for the "[DSR] Spec FBM" series earlier this year. Now I can't fully remember how, but they came to the conclusion that R2's were best suited for the spec set. If you want more in-depth info, just PM Delusion on the DSR forums.

Here is a video from that series. Everybody is using that same spec set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywl-ekQAO1c

Cool, thanks for the info.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG