The online racing simulator
Anyone got a good RACE FZR SET?
Anyone got a good stable FZR set for as5?
Come on 400 SHARE....hehe
Tune Tire Testing
Feb 12th '06
NASSA by 500 Servers
25 Laps GTR
AS5 Aston GP
Qual 18:30 GMT
Race 19:05 GMT

Password will be given out on server at 19:00 GMT so please be on time so you don't get locked out.

Car Re-Set allowed.

Room for 20, all are welcome.
Ant if your on i will give you my XRR set if you want, god works for me and it's my hotlap set atm

Don't think any of us are using the FZR or have even tried it, not enough fun if you ask me.
Thanks, I think I'll be one of maybe 2 driving the FZR. Got a top end of 169MPH to 171 MPH, and slow but sure I'm saving the tires.
If anyone wants to try it here it is.
I'll try it when I am back from my holiday.

Too late to improve my hotlap with it now, but I managed to produce a 2:51 early this morning. Now I can relax in knowledge that I did what was possible .
Event9, Aston Grand Prix
Let's talk about Aston event here

It's Sunday 12th - Nassa tuneup day. See you there
Well, I have to drive FZR, too.
2 Reasons: I have a FZR-AS5 Teamrace on the next day and I'm not as fast with XRR, especially in slow corners.
Trying to make 13 laps with FZR in Tuneup-Race.
For the 40 laps, 2 pitstops aren't possible with FZR.
But for me the start is the most important part of a race. illepall
Since the NASSA server seems to be full, I've set up another server. *The Original LFS League (x) is set for qual and open for all.

Welcome
Thanks Mr Fiendi, I was gonna ask you to do that but i got busy with stuff, the tune up race seen a full server of great racers. We pretty well had guys from all pools racing at AS5 today with very little problem.

Mr Skill won driving the FZR and while not everyone finished most guys said it was a good test event for next weeks OLFS race, I now know the limits of my tires and feel pretty good about next week.

Thanks to all who showed, and to those that couldn't get in, really sorry about that.

Thanks again to the OLFS Crew for providing the Advert for this event on thier homepage, NASSA really does appreciate that.

Take care and see you at Event 9.
Darn, did that take stamina or what?

Joystick is still going to be my driving device, since now I have to invest in a new office-chair Darn thing broke on about laps 31-33. Took over a minute to sort out another one. Driving while standing is pretty hard, even with a stick

Nice race, although bit boring for me (except the chair-episode). Personaly I don't find the GTR-class very entertaining.
#11 - Z0iC
Didn't put much effort at all to the qual lap, so ended up in pool3. Race went ok till about 20s before crossing the finish line. PC crashed and I started laughing. :ices_rofl

More of these 2h races, 40mins just isn't long enough

Only for Finns
Im so sloooooow with these big GTRs. Not enought time to make a hotlap and pool 4 In the race I was 2nd, wich wasnt bad because I did some offroading two or three times. Blew my front tire when braking to the last chicane just before the second pitstop. I was leading the race then, about 1/3 of lap
#13 - agor
Just finish the race in P1, was quite interesting in the start...not so much after. Anyway, I was slow and got 3stops beacause tyre blow at lap 7 and messed my even poor strategy :-). After was goin not so bad. Then had drive through penalty and I finished in poor 9th place
Gonna be better next time. Congratulation to Rudi for the win
Quote from Z0iC :Didn't put much effort at all to the qual lap, so ended up in pool3. Race went ok till about 20s before crossing the finish line. PC crashed and I started laughing. :ices_rofl

Only for Finns

I've lost power here, bad storm. Got just enough battery to post this.

ZOIC that was just plain rude of your PC to do that to you. You ran a great race.

To anyone that I screwed up today....yell at me below
Pool5
For the first time, im really happy with my race!! Didn´t had time the past two weeks to pratice for the race, so I had no real strategy or hope to finish the race. And the problems I've been having the past 2 months with my wheel just got worst today, so I spent 2 hours fighting to keep the car on the track ( if you see the replay from inside my car you'll see what I mean!!). So ending the race in 8th position was like a victory to me...
Congratulations to all that raced pool 5!! From what I saw, it was a good and clean race.
Quote from Z0iC :Didn't put much effort at all to the qual lap, so ended up in pool3. Race went ok till about 20s before crossing the finish line. PC crashed and I started laughing. :ices_rofl

Only for Finns

Great Race Z0iC!
Pool 5
This was the longest race I ever had. I normaly drive the FXO GTR cause it is a little more tolerant on errors. This time I chose the FZ50 for its better qualifiying qualities. Almost made it in pool 4.

This race I was on position 3 on the grid. After the first lap I even enjoyed position 2 for a while. This made me a bit nervous and I started to overdrive and made more errors. Where have those 2.50 laptimes gone I could do so easy? Thought for a while that I chose the wrong setup, but no, must have been nerves only.

Germanpio toolk a lead from the start, he was way too fast for the rest of us, he even overtook number 2! Congrats with the victory, try to post a faster hotlap next time .

I drove around place 7 halfway the race. Second half of the race went much better. Between 2nd and 3rd stop I must have be driving very good. After 3rd stop on lap 33 I was coming close to Osoi and Wakey. At the finish the gap was small, was only 10 seconds between the three of us, I think.
Pool 1 and 6
I was lucky enough to be given the chance to host pool one by Mrs FienDi. Although the guys messed me around a little they weren't too bad.

Good learning experience, especially with such a tough race to host and drive.

Bit of confusion with the lag lap, but this happend to Mrs Fiendi on Pool 6 as well, we'll have to make sure everyone understands these in future.

Okay now to my race.

Well it was great upuntil my backup drive woke up from powersaving and made my screen pause for 5 seconds, by that time I had crashed and flew onto my roof. Oh yeah and on lap 2 or three my speakers cut out and I was racing with no sound (the wire was loose), this was surprisginly tough, not being able to hear the gears or tyre sqeauls.

Many congratulations to my team mate MattMiller who won pool 6, although I wish I was there as I think we would have had a battle at the end for 1st and second.

He pitted three times but my stratergy was to pit two.

Oh well, I'm sure they Flying Finns will have another win next race.

Blackwood RallyCross - that is going to be tough!
I originally planned on driving the FZR, but that idea went out the window once I found out the FXR could do the race on only two stops. I knew it made more sense to go for a higher pool... go for the points... but the idea of winning with pit strategy was too attractive. Also, the FXR had the added advantage of being easier to drive, which was good because I really wanted to finish the race in one piece.

Somehow I managed to get through the race without making any big mistakes. Eventually it became clear that I could easily do 13 laps on one set of tires without being much slower than the rest of the guys (except for the crazy-fast leader), and it would be a big enough advantage to finish in second place easily. Then, on my last pit stop, I went over the speed limit just after entering the pits. I had turned my limiter on, but due to all the buttons on my wheel being worn out, the button press had registered twice.. so the limiter went on and back off. Lesson learned: Don't trust that pit limiter!

I was wondering if I could still stay ahead even with the drive through penalty. For a little while at the end, I thought HeerBommel was going to catch me. But it turned out to just be the leader coming to lap me.

Very exciting race, and although it was my longest ever, it still didn't seem too long. I was expecting my legs to be more sore. Big thanks to the hosts and fellow racers for making it happen.

[NASSA] Osoi
Quote from tgrand : so the limiter went on and back off. Lesson learned: Don't trust that pit limiter!

I learned the lesson in the previous OLFSL race. Could it be caused by applying the limiter too early at high speed? A realistic feature of the game?
Quote from HeerBommel : I learned the lesson in the previous OLFSL race. Could it be caused by applying the limiter too early at high speed? A realistic feature of the game?

I remembered that happening to you in the last race and thought it was interesting that it happened to me this time. In my case, I think it was hardware failure rather than the game. I'd say about half the time, when I hit my pit limiter button, it goes on and back off. So I'm used to it, and I watch for the green light. And I know I saw that green light this time. But what puzzles me is how I could've missed the light going out right away, because it happens really fast. My eyes must've shifted away immediately after seeing the green light show up.

It would be incredibly useful if there was a threshold in LFS that could filter out these extraneous events. For example, I pressed the pit limiter button. Now, for the next 50 or 100 milliseconds, ignore any events from that button. I used to have this problem when I used buttons to shift, and sometimes it would be so bad that I'd push the downshift button once and go from 5th gear to 2nd. Ouch. Good thing the paddles on my wheel work more reliably (for now).
I vote for an in game auto-limiter. This is not much fun. Speed limiting is OK, but random penaltis are not.
Well, I had a really bad race this week... First, I missed the deadline for the hotlaps, I could have done 2:49 to get into pool 4... Anyway, the first laps of the race, I blew it every time when I tried to overtake Osoi due to the massive oversteer of the slipstream (which the XRR has plenty of even without it)... I had to go to pits in the 4th lap to change the tires, which had huge flat spots... After that, I drove on the limit of grip in every corner to catch up to the pack... Well, it had to happen some time, I got oversteer in the first corner in lap 15 or 16, ending my race in the gravel outside of the track, just a few metres away from the safe grass... I blame it on being tired (haven't got much sleep the night before) and being so dumb to change my setup just before the race, when I hadn't that much training anyway... :doh:
You ran a good race (NASSA) OSOI. Way to pack on the points.
[quote=russraine]. Oh yeah and on lap 2 or three my speakers cut out and I was racing with no sound (the wire was loose), this was surprisginly tough, not being able to hear the gears or tyre sqeauls.

quote]

Was this maybe one of the LFS bugs which we all get from time to time? When it happens next time Jonathan hit Shift-W (reinitialses sound) and you should get the sound back (Game stops for about half a second to try not to do it round bends)

On the race, mine was good, got better towards the end because I barely praccy'd and never done more than a 7 lap race before hand. Then on the last lap my tyre blew and when I spun to the side of the road in the gravel it took me out of the game because Rudi had allready finished, kinda sucks but shit happens.

Event9, Aston Grand Prix
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG