The online racing simulator
Quote from BenjiMC :I'll zip and upload it later today.

That will save you time for the upload and also I know there are people with 320k or 512k connections who will appreciate saving time and bandwidth for the download as well

And RAR > ZIP for compressing MPR files.
How come you admins don't have any answer to my post #54??

To me it's important this get cleared out. The consequencens for will be rather dramatic imo. Specially since you are admins in the coming MoE season as well.
Quote from Lotesdelere :That will save you time for the upload and also I know there are people with 320k or 512k connections who will appreciate saving time and bandwidth for the download as well

And RAR > ZIP for compressing MPR files.

ya, i know. but not everyone has RAR software.
Quote from BenjiMC :ya, i know. but not everyone has RAR software.

7-Zip is a free and open source archiver which can open RAR files (and many more other formats).
Quote from Cawwa :How come you admins don't have any answer to my post #54??

To me it's important this get cleared out. The consequencens for will be rather dramatic imo. Specially since you are admins in the coming MoE season as well.

In our opinion (which was, I think, clearly stated in my original post) the incident was accidental, and not due to an intentional move made against the #12 car on the #22 car's part. He would have spun himself, but you guys were "in the way," and we know what happened from there.

We consider this a distinctly different kind of incident from the sort where someone makes a divebomb move, or runs someone off the track by going wide, etc.

It's a racing incident, albeit a one with very unfortunate consequences.
Speaking of divebombs, i watched the replay and me and nolan were nearly side by side at the apex but he chose to give me virtually no room and go tighter on the exit, thats how it looked to me anyway, i don't care how far back i was when i did it, the fact is i was next to him at the apex in full control and i was given no room and nudged into the tyres.

EDIT: Just watched it again and i wasn't really close to him as he turned in but as he hit the apex my front was infront of his rear wheel, maybe he didn't see me doing a move, i im not too sure if it was as much his fault after i watched it again but i don't think it was fully my fault.
Quote from Lotesdelere :7-Zip is a free and open source archiver which can open RAR files (and many more other formats).

I know, but meh...
Quote from Arrow. :Protest against car #22 R.Dario by the #12 car.
Time: 3hrs 8mins
Lap: 99
incident occurred on restart exit T2 putting me on my roof ending our race.

[replays coming]

so sorry about that incident... it was a lag situation... i didn´t even realize what happened...... terribly sorry about the consequences....
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In our opinion (which was, I think, clearly stated in my original post) the incident was accidental, and not due to an intentional move made against the #12 car on the #22 car's part. He would have spun himself, but you guys were "in the way," and we know what happened from there.

We consider this a distinctly different kind of incident from the sort where someone makes a divebomb move, or runs someone off the track by going wide, etc.

It's a racing incident, albeit a one with very unfortunate consequences.

A bit strange in my eyes. Starting with cold tires means you have to be extra carefull. #22 didn't act that carefull and due to that they took us out. You call it racing incident and #22 calls it online lagg but the consequences of it means we flip over. So if we slip on our pedals without purpose of course at #22 in a coming race which take them out we are free to go? A clear Racing Incident?
Quote from Locovich :so sorry about that incident... it was a lag situation... i didn´t even realize what happened...... terribly sorry about the consequences....

I understand you never did it with intention to take us out. A bit reckless driving with cold tires is all that it takes.
Your apoligy is of course accepted and we have no hard feelings now any more. We weren't happy when it happened as you might understand, but we have put it behind us, between us that is ...
I don't see the problem. #22 was about as far wide as he could be, your car was on the inside attempting a pass. It did cost you a finish BUT it was a racing incident non the less. There was no malicous conduct, and it was a simple driving error, it wasn't #22 dive bombing you.
Sorry Benji, I never realised divebombing was the only thing the you get penalty for. Now that I know that I know how to drive from now on.
Quote from Cawwa :Sorry Benji, I never realised divebombing was the only thing the you get penalty for. Now that I know that I know how to drive from now on.

"There was no malicous conduct" dive bombing was an example. Taking my words so literally shows immaturity tbh.
Quote from Cawwa :I understand you never did it with intention to take us out. A bit reckless driving with cold tires is all that it takes.
Your apoligy is of course accepted and we have no hard feelings now any more. We weren't happy when it happened as you might understand, but we have put it behind us, between us that is ...

Thanks for accepting my apologise , but let me clarify what happen (well, is not really clear but you´ll see).
Here is a video of "MY" mpr to show the way i drove, because from another one lag may show things different.
http://es.tinypic.com/player.php?v=5xoo3q&s=4
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/149230366/Pel_cula_0004.wmv
You can see that when i have the car straight it suddenly "slides" because of lag of a car near (you know that the way it behaves is not a driving mistake). This "slide" make me hit you and let you on your roof... I think i was not able to prevent or avoid it... lag situations just happen....
again... i´m terribly sorry...
Quote from BenjiMC :"There was no malicous conduct" dive bombing was an example. Taking my words so literally shows immaturity tbh.

That's the problem Benji, you see it in a very narrow way. Don't you see the big picture here? Or don't you want to see it?
I just point out the stupidness in what you answer me. You say if a driver makes an error it's ok to hit others. You don't see any problem in this?
Quote from Locovich :Thanks for accepting my apologise , but let me clarify what happen (well, is not really clear but you´ll see).
Here is a video of "MY" mpr to show the way i drove, because from another one lag may show things different.
http://es.tinypic.com/player.php?v=5xoo3q&s=4
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/149230366/Pel_cula_0004.wmv
You can see that when i have the car straight it suddenly "slides" because of lag of a car near (you know that the way it behaves is not a driving mistake). This "slide" make me hit you and let you on your roof... I think i was not able to prevent or avoid it... lag situations just happen....
again... i´m terribly sorry...

Yes I saw that video. As I see it you had a minor slide which made you hit Marques. That little touch made you out of the line and you turned the wheel a little to much and slided again into our #12 car. This is of course not intentional, but imo you loose control over your car and hit Marques minor and ours harder. After a restart on cold tires you have to slow down as much as needed to control your car.
As you obvisly didn't you violeted section H where it's stated how to drive in a safe way.
Of course this is my opinion and I'm worried the admins don't see this way. That's why I post this from the first place.

But you don't have to worrie, of course your apoligy is accepted and no hard feelings from us to you. We all do mistakes and belive me, none of them are made by purpose!
Quote from Cawwa :Yes I saw that video. As I see it you had a minor slide which made you hit Marques. That little touch made you out of the line and you turned the wheel a little to much and slided again into our #12 car. This is of course not intentional, but imo you loose control over your car and hit Marques minor and ours harder. After a restart on cold tires you have to slow down as much as needed to control your car.
As you obvisly didn't you violeted section H where it's stated how to drive in a safe way.
Of course this is my opinion and I'm worried the admins don't see this way. That's why I post this from the first place.

But you don't have to worrie, of course your apoligy is accepted and no hard feelings from us to you. We all do mistakes and belive me, none of them are made by purpose!

I didn't go after the lapped guy who spun and took me out pretty much destroying our race at Westhill (and spdo didn't go after our #2 car here after they slipped up and took spdo out in the process as I was trying to get around). Once someone makes a mistake, as long as they're out of control, there's not much they can do about it. Now, if they were doing something utterly stupid and happened to run into you because they tried to brake way too late/went well off track trying to get around you and slipped up there'd be a case here. As it is, all I see is a bit of bad luck and a racing incident.

</my two cents>
And anyway, on the video posted by Locovich it does seem that he was spun by a lag-touch, doesn't it?
It does look that way, yeah.
Questions about round 8:

1. Why wasn´t the lagging car forced to make a driver change after 2 lag accidents caused by it plus a third team complaining about that it´s hard to follow/approach this lagging car?

Q. MISCELLANEOUS

3) In situations of extreme lag, marshals will ask a lagging driver and/or his team to fix the problem. From the time of notification, the team has three laps to fix the situation or make a driver change. After the three laps have expired, if the problem is not fixed the car will no longer be scored. If the lag persists, the driver will be kicked for the safety of the other teams.

The appology about this lag accident by this racer is fully accepted. No bad feelings and nothing they could have done to prevent these accididents.
The not taking action by the admins acc. to the rules is not accptable.
The damage to the TDRT car caused by this accident made the car unsteerable and the following pitstop with damage repair once more left us behind on a very last race position. The IGTC admins made a team a huge present - the prob. final 3rd overall position IGTC 2008.

2. Had the pitlane been closed acc. to the rules at any time this round? If not, what was the reason not to do it ?

Just my thoughts about this final IGTC round.
These are good questions. I'll answer them as honestly and straightforwardly as possible.

Quote from dktoben :Questions about round 8:

1. Why wasn´t the lagging car forced to make a driver change after 2 lag accidents caused by it plus a third team complaining about that it´s hard to follow/approach this lagging car?

Q. MISCELLANEOUS

3) In situations of extreme lag, marshals will ask a lagging driver and/or his team to fix the problem. From the time of notification, the team has three laps to fix the situation or make a driver change. After the three laps have expired, if the problem is not fixed the car will no longer be scored. If the lag persists, the driver will be kicked for the safety of the other teams.

The appology about this lag accident by this racer is fully accepted. No bad feelings and nothing they could have done to prevent these accididents.
The not taking action by the admins acc. to the rules is not accptable.
The damage to the TDRT car caused by this accident made the car unsteerable and the following pitstop with damage repair once more left us behind on a very last race position. The IGTC admins made a team a huge present - the prob. final 3rd overall position IGTC 2008.

There were two instances of lagging cars in this race. I know you're referring to the #15.

The honest answer here is that we didn't remember this rule in the heat of the moment.

When we noticed the lag (which was after both accidents had occurred), we immediately tried to contact the team representative (Lotesdelere). We got the message to him. Here's an IRC transcript:

Quote :[13:37] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> lotes... #15's lag caused two incidents... can you ask him to check his connection if at all possible while driving?
[13:37] <+Lotesdelere> lag?
[13:37] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> Yes.
[13:37] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> Looks ok at the moment.
[13:37] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> But there were two incidents, lap 3 and lap 4, with #5 and #4 respectively.
[13:43] <+Lotesdelere> he's going to do his best while driving
[13:43] <+Lotesdelere> he's now aware of the problem tho
[13:46] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> thanks lotes

...a few minutes pass...

[13:52] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> lotes, are you guys planning a driver change this pitstop?
[13:52] <+Lotesdelere> why should i tell u?
[13:52] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> because you need to make one.
[13:52] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> lag-wise
[13:52] <+Lotesdelere> hm
[13:52] <+Lotesdelere> wait a min
[13:52] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> k
[13:53] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> I'm watching it and it's pretty scary
[13:53] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> keeps veering off-track and reappearing
[13:56] <+Lotesdelere> ok we gonna switch driver
[13:56] <@CoRe|DWBatHome> thanks.

A few minutes later they made the driver change. This took about 20 minutes, which is clearly longer than 3 laps, so we did not act by the letter of the rule. We didn't intentionally dismiss it, we simply forgot it. This is our fault, and we apologize.

What we did do was do our best to get the situation cleared up on the fly, among the other things we were dealing with.

Quote :2. Had the pitlane been closed acc. to the rules at any time this round? If not, what was the reason not to do it ?

No, it was not. This, again, is due to it slipping my mind amidst all of the other stuff going on (we really need double the marshals that we had this season). If it makes you feel any better, I'm relatively sure that it wouldn't have changed anything if it had been closed/opened according to plan. During this race's SC periods the field got bunched up quite well.

Round 8: Race Discussion & Penalties
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG