The online racing simulator
S08-09: Graphics & Skins
Hello drivers,

In this post you will find the logo packs for each round, as well as any number plates or sun visors we may choose to utilize.

For each race, the event and series logos should be visible on your car's skin. Failure to prepare your skin properly may result in penalties, per the rules.

You may post your skins for each round in this thread in high-res (2048x2048) format if you so choose.

Thanks!

Event Logo Packs:

Round 1: 12 Hours of Kyoto GP Long

Round 2: 6 Hours of South City Long

Round 3: 6 Hours of Westhill

Round 4: 24 Hours of Aston GP

Round 5: 6 Hours of Blackwood GP

Round 6: 6 Hours of Kyoto National

Skin Kits (Plates, Sunstrip, Class Markings):

Plates may be positioned as you like them, one on each side and one on the hood. The sunstrip and rear bumper markings (for GT2) must not be repositioned. The bumper sticker must retain its shape and color as well.

GT1 skins should not use a rear bumper that is similar in shade to the GT2 bumper sticker, in order to avoid confusion.
Attached files
MoE FXR GT1 Kit.psd - 596.5 KB - 388 views
MoE FXR GT2 Kit.psd - 606.3 KB - 248 views
MoE FZR GT1 Kit.psd - 591.4 KB - 403 views
MoE FZR GT2 Kit.psd - 609.9 KB - 383 views
MoE XRR GT1 Kit.psd - 590.4 KB - 281 views
MoE XRR GT2 Kit.psd - 612.7 KB - 310 views
#2 - Gil07
Nice logo Is there any special coloured parts on the GT2 cars?
We're still discussing that internally. Expect some decision before the weekend.

The class markings will not be required in qualifying, so that will give you more than a week to apply them to your skins.
Eeeek! pink!
Uploaded skin kits to OP.
Ky3 HighFiDelity Skin
here's our skin for the first race, hope it meets the regulations
Attached images
FZR_hfdmoe_ky3.jpg
Just a bit of clarification:

For the GT2 skins, the sticker must retain its shape and color, and must not be repositioned.

The idea behind the sticker is for there to be a uniform shape/color for the GT1 drivers to get used to seeing.

We appreciate that this sticker can mar the aesthetics of your skins, but the benefit here outweighs the cost in our opinion.

So, to reiterate, please do not attempt to blend the sticker into your skins. It needs to stand out.

Thanks!
Surely the intention is to help people identify cars should common sense fail them, some visable indication is all thats needed, it doesnt need silly rules about what surrounds them to make them less fugly.

I have absolutely no problem with using Idents, I personally added them onto both cars last year because MoE after claiming they'd provide one then failed to, and i wasnt being suckered into it again and made my own which was around 90% of the official width (counting just the solid yellow area) and 130% of the height, and same colour & GT2 message, and then blended the yellow out into black so it was about 20% wider than the official plate but in decreasing levels of visability, but overall mine was considerably more visable (15-20% more 100% solid yellow, excl faded yellow) and in the correct location yet its considered unacceptable because needless rules say so, and i just dont see why common sense cant decide whats acceptable, when something is more visably identifiable yet rejected then this series has lost the plot. Whether you want to spend 5sec to approve it or not, provided its nice and clear who's in what class that should be all that matters, and that disappoints me more than the fact that ive wasted time and now have a fuglyfied skin, its these silly needless rules which dont enhance the series for people racing or officialling because apparently were all too thick to tell by speed and skins alone, and now if the plates are standing out enough its implied were too stupid to figure it out.

Eitherway, i've attached the Hi-Res GT1 skin and fuglyfied GT2 skin, i got the impression i cant even offer people the choice of which to download, so the more observant amongst MoE's racers could use the original one, or those concerned with my more visable GT2 ident could run the smaller fuglified one, its disappointing.
Attached images
FZR_M_MoE4-1c.jpg
FZR_M_MoE4-1b.jpg
comparison.jpg
Damn the first one is ugly I think the ones that are blended in are just as visible and nowhere near as ugly, i seriously think the admins should give the teams an option of blending it in like above or using the standard one, alot of teams/people have put some serious effort into these skins and to slap something that ugly on when it can be made to look better is just an insult IMO.

Yeah, i mean im not at all fussed if they want to have the final say on whats acceptable or not, if they felt the above example wasnt clearly distinguishable as a GT2 class car and ruled it wasnt acceptable then i'd understand their decision, maybe i'd disagree, but making it larger or make it so surrounding colours dont act as a kind of camouflage so it doesnt stand out, but Fl. yellow on a 90% Black background, surrounded by Fl. Orange & white and the actual marking covering a larger area... then thats not a rejection because it failing to provide sufficient indication, its a rejection for the sake of sticking to a needless rule.

If they want to stick to their rule, so be it, but its disappointing when common sense cant be used to decide what is helpful to everyone and what is insufficiently helpful. rejection cos its not an ugly solid yellow box seem pretty disappointing, especially as you say people have put a lot of time and thought into their design, and while its not as important as ensuring people know what class your in it doesnt need to be such an ugly rectangle in order to acheive identification.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Damn the first one is ugly I think the ones that are blended in are just as visible and nowhere near as ugly, i seriously think the admins should give the teams an option of blending it in like above or using the standard one, alot of teams/people have put some serious effort into these skins and to slap something that ugly on when it can be made to look better is just an insult IMO.

In my view the shape is as important as the color, the placement, or the text in allowing a quickly-approaching GT1 driver to distinguish the car. The eye recognizes the uniformity of it, or the gestalt of the sticker, rather than just the color or whatever.

It seems many disagree with me, but by default I am more in favor of the easiest possible identification than I am in favor of slightly prettier skins. I want to do everything possible to avoid inter-class mistakes. Skins can be very pretty, but they're hardly anywhere near as important as clean racing. Personally, I think the Merc skin looks fine with the uniform stripe--perhaps not as good as it looks with the rounded edges, but hardly ugly.
Common sense has been applied to stick to 1 uniform marking for GT2, not a bunch of random markings per team which supposedly should be identifiable. Simply put, racers don't have the time to discriminate every different marking and as so, it has to be clear at once, thus uniform.

Also to support that uniformity, GT1 teams are requested not to use Yellow marking on their bumper.
What you don't seem to get is that a GT1 car won't actually approach that quickly i even think that i could recognize it if the GT2 car was a UF1 and i was driving a BF1, its not hard to spot at all really rounded edges or not.
Maybe it would be easier for you guys to have GT2 written on the numberplate, (or GT1)
No, because then it isn't clearly visible where as a bright yellow sticker is distinguishable because only GT2 cars have it the argument is with rounded edges it looks nicer and still CLEARLY visible.
Pearcy, it's not going to change. Give it up.
That just shows how very narrow minded you are *sigh*
lol, im in love
:lovies3d:

Better move out of Manchester quickly
LoL, this is looking to end up bad.

Anyway, here are our 2 skins for this event. Cya on track.
Attached images
FZR_xfs_ky12GT1.jpg
FZR_xfs_ky12GT2.jpg
Merc skins are absolutely stunning! (yes, even with the plates)
damn dont let scipy get hands on your skin or it'll end up like this. Pink!
-
(DreaF) DELETED by DreaF
Sad but true. In any case, I don't get what all the fuss is about with plates.. if everyone drove just plain white cars and a GT2 car couldn't tell when a GT1 is approaching from the back, or the GT1 couldn't tell that a GT2 is in front of him - neither of them should be allowed to race anything faster than a UF1.
Quote from DreaF :here is our skin

And Merc is no more Merc. Since scipy is there it is Schnuffel.Racing !!!

Looks really nice, but you also need to have the series logo somewhere on it (besides on the plates), in addition to the event logo and number plates.

S08-09: Graphics & Skins
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG