The online racing simulator
Hey guys, good racing today and seemingly less crashes than the appeals orbiter expected. Well done all.

Sorry I didn't show, I sent Mrs FienDi an e-mail explaining that I may not show up due to my wheel getting worse and worse, doesn't bother me with the UF1 or whatever but the FOX round Westhill it's a nightmare. I would only have ended up taking someone out and I don't want someone else to suffer for my sucky wheel.

And well done to all of the winners and especcially Casper, watched the race up untill the 18th lap and he thoroughly deserved the win from what I saw.

I will keep trying differnt things on my wheel, hopefull to get it working ok ish again.

One question about the next race.....40 laps? That will take quite a while will it not? With the amount of racers there was today in the next race, hosting will be a problem will it not?

Regards,

EDIT: Attatched a quick SPR to show why I couldn't race today.
Attached files
Bawbag_WE1_FOX.spr - 27.4 KB - 253 views
Quote from Bawbag :appeals orbiter

I'm saving up for the X-10 / Virgin commercial space orbit experience, but may take a while, and ruin my enviro friendly record :fluffy:

Solar Hydro
Mr Hydro!
I think you may find I drove the best ever OLFSL race!

My setup was rear aero 13 front 8, 100% fuel at start.

Started 12th finished 4th. Pitted on lap 19 (I had enough fuel left to pit on 20 but didn't want to risk it).

With my high aero I was the slowest on track, by half a second per lap, but super consistent driving and late pit stop saw me gain time with all who pitted early or spun on grass.

Not only that but with my extra Aero and of course tons more grip I never went on the grass in the entire race.
Pool6 and originally pole position, but had to skip the event. Sorry for the reported inconvenience, especially to those racers who lost potential points because of me.

(It's easy to pose afterwards, but I would have kicked everybody's bumpers with my "superior" setups and pit-tactics Feel free to challenge me for a re-run. )
Pool 3
Race kinda sucked. First of all my car was slow, very slow, used only one set of tires so it was tirefriendly but slow. My race got ruined very early, on the first or was it second lap I had to dodge tires on the track and a car sideway on the track and had to drive off the track. I climbed up there to 6th and then before my own stop Fiendi comes from the pits just front of me. In turn 5 (the fast right) splitstream surprises me and I get on the grass and spin. Nice. Finished 10th.
Pool 6
Should have been better and could have been worse. I was nervous at the start because it looked I could not arrive on time . I arrived full off stress. Luckily the start went very good. Not fast but clean. I had a nice easy setup with which could do constant 1:37.xx . Did not drive even one 1:37.xx however. Nerves at the start and some other thing to do with pitstop.

When I entered the pitlane my rev-limiter did not work correct anymore. Never saw that before! The limiter went off after 2 seconds! I was in total panic and tried not to have a 'stop and go' for speeding in pitlane. When I tried to enter a pit I noticed a car. Couldn't stop behind so I tried for a pit after that car. At that moment he drove off. Didn't know what to do so kept going. The nice guy slowed down and gave me the chance.

Then I got a penalty for 'overtaking in pitlane'. A very harsh and unfair decision of the pitlane marshal. I wonder how much money the bastard got for it :zombie: .

Next lap I did my 'drive through'. I was totally confused by the event and lost extra time with that. Even forgot to adjust the fuel. Did a late stop and wanted to drop 10% fuel, nope, finished with 15% fuel left. Lost at least 40 seconds with all that fuzz. The worst of all was that I should have had a very fast stop. Only needed 3 seconds for fuel. Could have been there with the race leaders.

After all is a 3rd place not so bad but I am sure I could have given the other 2 a hard challenge. Well, I wrote everything down and now I can forget and concentrate fully on the next race :surfing:.
Quote from HeerBommel :When I entered the pitlane my rev-limiter did not work correct anymore. Never saw that before! The limiter went off after 2 seconds! I was in total panic and tried not to have a 'stop and go' for speeding in pitlane. When I tried to enter a pit I noticed a car. Couldn't stop behind so I tried for a pit after that car. At that moment he drove off. Didn't know what to do so kept going. The nice guy slowed down and gave me the chance.

Then I got a penalty for 'overtaking in pitlane'. A very harsh and unfair decision of the pitlane marshal. I wonder how much money the bastard got for it :zombie: .

I really suggest you file a complaint about this so we can investigate and maybe add something about it to OLFSL rules. Weird thing, I didn't know the game even had that kind of penalties..
Anyway we are working on a similar issue atm, so file it?
Quote from Mrs FienDi :I really suggest you file a complaint about this so we can investigate and maybe add something about it to OLFSL rules. Weird thing, I didn't know the game even had that kind of penalties..
Anyway we are working on a similar issue atm, so file it?

OK, lets file a complaint against a pitlane marshall . Where should I post a thing like that?
Quote from HeerBommel :Where should I post a thing like that?

Write an email to Solar Hydro, and explain what happened. His email address can be found from OLFSL website in Contact us.
-
(Solar Hydro) DELETED by Solar Hydro

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG