The online racing simulator
Don't think so. Just don't understand why you use the SQL version, it's so much more work
#27 - PoVo
The only reason is i need the MCI handler to remove the 9 player thing
EDIT: Ok got it to connect, now when it connects, it wont connect to SQL, it says 'SQL Not Loaded' 'Retrying in 5 minutes'
-
(sun) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
-
-
-
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by the_angry_angel
I really want to start working on this again or well actually rebuild it from scratch but I no longer have an S2 license.

Would anyone be interested in donating a few bucks to me towards getting an S2 license?
NO !
why you havent S2 anymore?
u cant lose ur S2 license..u can only bet banned
#30 - sun
pfff!

Check yuor UserName, Password Is EXACTLY THE SAME IN THE Form1.cs.

See if you can log into MySQL in the MySQL Administrator. Once done you will need to make a Database. Go into Catalogs, and right click in the left, and click on

Create Schema

Once done that call your database ( e.g Insim ). Press ok, and make sure you have full Rights in your database User, else you will go no where.

Now fill in the Insim.

Edit either these lines:

DBUSER ( Your Username to login into MYSQL )

DBPASS ( Your password to login into MySQL )

DB ( Your Database Name )

DBPORT - IF THERE IS ONE IN THE INSIM!

Now compile. Either press F5.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by the_angry_angel : For the love of all that is unholy.
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by the_angry_angel : For the love of all that is unholy.
-
(hayward) DELETED by the_angry_angel : For the love of all that is unholy.
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by the_angry_angel : For the love of all that is unholy.
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by the_angry_angel : For the love of all that is unholy.
Quote from Marco1 :NO !
why you havent S2 anymore?
u cant lose ur S2 license..u can only bet banned

It was my friends account and he changed the password :P.
#32 - PoVo
Quote from high6 :It was my friends account and he changed the password :P.

Account sharing is not allowed!
#33 - sun
I cant seem to get this to connect to the server. No matter how many ways I try...... the port is set to the default:29999 and the IP: 127.0.0.1 since its running on the same machine, and adminpw is exactly right.
#34 - sun
No one answering?
Obviously not, I don't see any replies between the two you've made.
#36 - sun
haha

Anyways, I need help on why it is not connecting?
Debug it then. Debugging is a key skill of a programmer.
#38 - sun
I've already tried that
No. I mean debug the problem, don't just compile a debug version. Create breakpoints, walk through to see where the problem is. You're working in C#... a language that makes debugging so painfully simple, it should be criminal.
Quote from sun :I've already tried that

Obviously, not well enough. Try more, maybe?

Damn it..
#41 - sun
hmm..... yes I guess....... I think it is something to do with everytime i close the app it throws an un acceptional error
#42 - sun
Right. I've replaced the following line to:

// InSim connection settings
InSimSettings Settings = new InSimSettings("127.0.0.1", 25555, 0, Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MSO_COLS | Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MCI, '!', 500, AdminPW, "^1[^4RAF^1]", 5);

That should connect... but it doesn't...... Would you like to see my LFS DEDI setup.cfg to?
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM : History
#43 - sun
Hi, MariusMM - Long time
-------------------------------------------

nope, 127.0.0.1 cant be blocked as its the localhost.
#44 - sun
I think there is a big problem with this insim.... Marius has tried to solve the problem but we both cannot find anything wrong with it, everything is fine.
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
#45 - PoVo
Quote from sun :I think there is a big problem with this insim.... Marius has tried to solve the problem but we both cannot find anything wrong with it, everything is fine.

I solved it. The answer is the MYSQL connections string is wrong
#46 - sun
Finally.... It connects to the server. Ok, since thats out of the way, now it wont connect to my SQL. I dont understand the way this code has been set out but is this right, if:

server is localhost

DB: wwclfscruise

UID: root

Pwd: test15

void OpenDatabase(string server, string database, string username, string password)
{
SQL.ConnectionString = "Server=localhost" + server +
"Database=wwclfscruise" + database +
"Uid=root" + username +
"Pwd=test" + password +
"Connect Timeout=30;";
SQL.Open();
}

EDIT: Delete this post. forget about this problem Its solved. Thanks for the help!
Quote from sun :Finally.... It connects to the server. Ok, since thats out of the way, now it wont connect to my SQL. I dont understand the way this code has been set out but is this right, if:

server is localhost

DB: wwclfscruise

UID: root

Pwd: test15

void OpenDatabase(string server, string database, string username, string password)
{
SQL.ConnectionString = "Server=localhost" + server +
"Database=wwclfscruise" + database +
"Uid=root" + username +
"Pwd=test" + password +
"Connect Timeout=30;";
SQL.Open();
}

Are you serious? I really am NOT going to help you. I think this is the first time I have ever said this. Look your code up VERY VERY carefully. The mistake is too obvious not to see. I mean.. Are you REALLY serious? Cause if you are, then I am really amazed..

Also - debug. And not only debug - but debug efficiently. Or throw errors in built versions, or whatever you want. Just find a way to output error messages. And not error messages that you get while compiling (string can't be int and the likes), but runtime error messages. Try using try maybe?
#48 - sun
Ok, since everything is working, has anyone got the layout for AS5 for this track?
#49 - sun
or how would i know were to cash in a lottery ticket for example?
Pretty awesome codebase if I'm honest. Also if you convert the source to use insim.net rather than LFS External and strip all dougies outdated cruise stuff like I did' Your left with a pretty good Insim application source ready to build what u want on with a working mysql user save already in place

.NET (C#) - Open Source Cruise Server (Mod)(Functional, but unfinished)
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG