The online racing simulator
24h Aston Grand Touring Jan, 24th 2009

General Conditions ’24hours Aston Grand Touring Jan, 24th 2009 ’

Starting Permission in generell: first in - first serve

You have to do your registration directly at the BurnoutCrew LFS-DoP SignIn Server!

Sign In Server is now open till qualy ends. LFS Server is: DoP - SignIn
* please, take care of your common team tag. That’s important!
* the first participant / founder of a team is automaticly the teamleader and may handle some team-specific things.
The teamleader chooses the team-tag and the car-class. The car is selected by the driver doing some laps on the qualification server. Changing car won't be possible afterwards. If the team-leader leaves the team, another team-mate becomes the leader. If the last member leaves, the team will be deleted from the database.
* registered teams will be tracked automaticly. Have a look at the DoP Website here: DoP Eventpage
* lap times for the qualifikation will be tracked too.

The race qualifikation & server will be announced in timefor train- & qualifikation sessions

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will get the password for the mainrace about two hours before start at the DoP Eventpage!

Requirements:
* minimum age: 16 years
* at least 50 driven laps [car and track combined]

Track
* Aston Grand Touring

Alloweded car classes
* GTR (FXR / XRR / FZR)
* N- GTR (UFR / XFR)
* TBO (RB4 / XRT / FXO)
* LRF (LX6 / RAC / F50)

The procedure
Main Race: on Saturday Jan. 24th 2009
* MEZ 09.00 (GMT 08.00): Server OPEN
* MEZ 10.00 (GMT 09.00): 24h Race START
* race: 24 hours
* max driver: 28 plus 4 Wildcards
(if we get more SignIn's, we will open some more grids)
* no lag lap and no restart
* pitstop and changing driver is allowed, but not requiered for the first DoP race.
* yellow and blue flag are to attend
* tidy driving in the pitlane
* in general: one Admin is on the server

Qualifikation:
* the Qualifikation would be announced in time
* each driver has to do a qulalify lap
* each driver is limited to an amount of 10 laps, inclusive in- and out-laps (laps will be counted after first split)
* the average team time is used for qualify. No qual-lap results in a lap time of 3:00.000
* the final results and classifications may be viewed here: DoP Eventpage

The 'BurnoutCrew' Tracker:
Will automaticly list all registered teams and racers for this event.

The 'BurnoutCrew' Lapcounter
This Tool is relevant for the final results at the end of this race. Two Lapcounters are tracking your race. One counts your driven laps ingame and displays the quantity you have reached and your current position (the LfS positions may be incorrect if you think of disconnects and surely mutiple grids) directly on your screen. The second will be hosted on the DoP Eventpage for external views, so your teammates and other visitors could get a quick summary of this race event.

Disconnect / Re-joins
There're many reasons for disconnects and we don't whant to distroy a race of fun for you. So, reconnects will be allowed. Of course you're losing a lap in lap-counter. That's it.
After reconnect you have to act carefully with blue flags. Admins may punish you for ignoring a blue flag caused by a faster/leading team. Others may be ignored. Unfortunetly there is no way to prevent LfS programmaticly from showing the blue flags. So it's up to you, to fit the rules of racing...

The Appreciation
It is only a team competition. The total number of driven laps decides the final placements. This is determinded by the Lapcounter. If there are two, or more teams in the same lap after race end, the first finish decides for winning this event. Penalties: The Admins could judge immediately about penalties; for example: crossing the pitlane, unfair actions, permanent ignoring blue flag and so on. The penalty scale could be ‘Drive through’ or ‘Stop and go’ und must fit in the next following three laps!

Exlusion
The BurnoutCrew organizes this Event. We will decide about necessary adjustments if needed. There will be no privileged participation.
Let's get started The LFS 'DoP - SignIn' Server is still open for next and main event of our 5Y BC Birthday Party. Your're welcome.

For the next race we've some administrative changes, f. e. we will have a teamspeak Server you should join for this event. Details will follow.

Important: For the new 'tracker tool' and the 'dop hud' we would have a test event. Plz notice!

2h PreRace

Track: AS Cadet
LFS Server 'DoP SignIn2' :!:
Race: LFS Server 'DoP Grid1'
(only one Grid for the testrace)

Classes:
* GTR (FXR / XRR / FZR)
* N- GTR (UFR / XFR)
* TBO (RB4 / XRT / FXO)
* LRF (LX6 / RAC / F50)

Monday, Dez. 22th, 2008
* MEZ 20.15 (GMT 19.10): Start Short Qualy
* MEZ 20.30 (GMT 19.00): 2h Race Start
* no Laglap / no Restart
* Driver max. 28 (+4 Wildcards)
(only one Grid!)
* Pitstop / Driverchange: Two Pitstopps requiried !
* yellow and blue flags are to be attended
* tidy pitout and pitin
* Admins are on the track

Keep Racing! That is very important for us, may be for you, too
How many drivers per team are allowed in 24 hour race?
Minimum age of 16, still...I bet I can drive better than 1/4 of the field that are 16 and older, but you guys still judge on age.
-
(AMB) DELETED by Webflat : To keep national motivated provocativeness out of this thread!
Although there are a lot of younger racers who are immature on the track and off the track there are also those who are perfectly fine. I'd suggest maybe throw a quick investigation of the racers past if he is under the age limit?
-
(fadeaway) DELETED by Webflat : To keep national motivated provocativeness out of this thread!
-
(AMB) DELETED by Webflat : To keep national motivated provocativeness out of this thread!
Quote from racer hero :Minimum age of 16, still...I bet I can drive better than 1/4 of the field that are 16 and older, but you guys still judge on age.

yes i agree, Kenneth is very good
I delete three post's (2x AMB, 1x fadeaway)

We will not tolerate verbal abuses or national motivated provocativeness in this thread. Next time an exclusion for this event will automaticly follow for both drivers or teams, without any discussion.

Topic here is racing! Respect that, plz!

Quote from evilpimp :Although there are a lot of younger racers who are immature on the track and off the track there are also those who are perfectly fine. ...

Seems to be correct We would find a final decission about that issue this week.
Quote from Webflat :I delete three post's (2x AMB, 1x fadeaway)

We will not tolerate verbal abuses or national motivated provocativeness in this thread. Next time an exclusion for this event will automaticly follow for both drivers or teams, without any discussion.

Thank you.
#9 - dauwe
Quote from pacesetter :yes i agree, Kenneth is very good

ok, he is fast but is he fair? will he take the time and wait until the corner has past (with a slower car in front)? most of young drivers don't take the time that needed. watch the last replays fo the 6H, 12H and 16H races, check the lfs nicks and watch the ages and you will see what i mean.
Actually, I have been racing in LFS for over two years now. I can assure you that I know well enough not to do stupid things such as what you have suggested. Maybe research the younger drivers for leagues that they have previously raced in and then make a decision? If they have not enough league expierience then do not allow them to join? But discluding all younger drivers from the race is completly wrong...
i said "most" of them, not all. f.e. many young drivers (some older one's too) think they can win a 24H race @ the first corner. the past shows that every time. and this 24H is a birthday race and not a "last man standing" race
Quote from racer hero :Actually, I have been racing in LFS for over two years now. I can assure you that I know well enough not to do stupid things such as what you have suggested. Maybe research the younger drivers for leagues that they have previously raced in and then make a decision? If they have not enough league expierience then do not allow them to join? But discluding all younger drivers from the race is completly wrong...

Sorry, but it has to be pointed out: http://www.raceauthority.com/r ... lookup.asp?ReportID=21751
Umm, CTRA means nothing. They banned me for stopping against a wall (which they call a racing line) because my clutch over heated.
Anyway, could you put pass judgement on this rule, cos i have a driver i may ask if the rule is lifted, i may enter a UFR team in this
i'm a month too young !!! WHY GOD WHY!

sounds like a neat event anyway.
See what i mean, i racer like Dennis, or Ken, is getting denied entry when they are strong drivers who can do this on a trail basis, if there is not issues then you could lift the rule
Bit of a date misjudgement?

And doesn't AS GT use most of the corners of AS GP? How are you gonna do 2 races at once on them?
#18 - -jo-
The whole point in endurance racing is IMHO not only being fast, but mor being fair and to be patient while overtaking someone in a slower car. I think that many young drivers are very fast, no doubt about it, but I think that the majority of young drivers are not very patient when they are racing in a fast class while slower classes are on track.
Quote from Gil07 :Bit of a date misjudgement?

I'm pretty sure they chose it intentionally.
Quote from -jo- :The whole point in endurance racing is IMHO not only being fast, but mor being fair and to be patient while overtaking someone in a slower car. I think that many young drivers are very fast, no doubt about it, but I think that the majority of young drivers are not very patient when they are racing in a fast class while slower classes are on track.

I don't think that has anything to do with age.
Quote from Gil07 :Bit of a date misjudgement?

And doesn't AS GT use most of the corners of AS GP? How are you gonna do 2 races at once on them?

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm pretty sure they chose it intentionally.

Yes, what could be a better date for a 24h-race?
We've announced that event in May 2008. We had no information about the plans of the MoE at this time.
Still that doesn't matters. Both events will happen at the same time. That may increase attention for both.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm pretty sure they chose it intentionally.

i don't think so. MoE 24H is a NON PUBLIC 24H so, what's the problem with this date!?! the MoE members have a 24H and the publics have a 24H!

think about it
I am really looking forward to this, we all need oue 100 laps now, and then we are ready to go

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG