The online racing simulator
6 hours Westhill [R] Oct, 11th 2008

General Conditions ’6 hours Westhill international [R] 11th Oktober 2008’

Starting Permission in generell: first in - first serve
You have to do your registration directly at the BurnoutCrew LFS-DoP SignIn Server!

Sign In Server is now available: DoP - SignIn
* please, take care of your common team tag. That’s important!
* the first participant / founder of a team is automaticly the teamleader and may handle some team-specific things.
The teamleader chooses the team-tag and the car-class. The car is selected by the driver doing some laps on the qualification server. Changing car won't be possible afterwards. If the team-leader leaves the team, another team-mate becomes the leader. If the last member leaves, the team will be deleted from the database.
* registered teams will be tracked automaticly. Have a look at the DoP Website here: DoP Eventpage
* lap times for the qualifikation will be tracked too.

The race qualifikation & server is now available: DoP - Grid1
for train- & qualifikation sessions

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will get the password for the mainrace about two hours before start at the DoP Eventpage!

Requirements:
* minimum age: 16 years
* at least 150 driven laps [car and track combined]

Track
* Westhill reversed

Alloweded car classes
* GTR (FXR / XRR / FZR)
* N- GTR (UFR / XFR)
* TBO (RB4 / XRT / FXO)
* LRF (LX6 / RAC / F50)

The procedure
Main Race: on Saturday, 2008 11th Oct.
Time: MEZ 13.00 [GMT 11.00]
* race: 6 hours
* max driver: 28 plus 4 Wildcards
(if we get more SignIn's, we will open some more grids)
* no lag lap and no restart
* pitstop and changing driver is allowed, but not requiered for the first DoP race.
* yellow and blue flag are to attend
* tidy driving in the pitlane
* in general: one Admin is on the server

Qualifikation:
* the Qualifikation is from October 1st till 9th (24:00 MEZ)
* each driver has to do a qulalify lap
* each driver is limited to an amount of 10 laps, inclusive in- and out-laps (laps will be counted after first split)
* the average team time is used for qualify. No qual-lap results in a lap time of 3:00.000
* the final results and classifications may be viewed here: DoP Eventpage

The 'BurnoutCrew' Tracker:
Will automaticly list all registered teams and racers for this event.

The 'BurnoutCrew' Lapcounter
This Tool is relevant for the final results at the end of this race. Two Lapcounters are tracking your race. One counts your driven laps ingame and displays the quantity you have reached and your current position (the LfS positions may be incorrect if you think of disconnects and surely mutiple grids) directly on your screen. The second will be hosted on the DoP Eventpage for external views, so your teammates and other visitors could get a quick summary of this race event.

Disconnect / Re-joins
There're many reasons for disconnects and we don't whant to distroy a race of fun for you. So, reconnects will be allowed. Of course you're losing a lap in lap-counter. That's it.
After reconnect you have to act carefully with blue flags. Admins may punish you for ignoring a blue flag caused by a faster/leading team. Others may be ignored. Unfortunetly there is no way to prevent LfS programmaticly from showing the blue flags. So it's up to you, to fit the rules of racing...
The Appreciation
It is only a team competition. The total number of driven laps decides the final placements. This is determinded by the Lapcounter. If there are two, or more teams in the same lap after race end, the first finish decides for winning this event.
Penalties: The Admins could judge immediately about penalties; for example: crossing the pitlane, unfair actions, permanent ignoring blue flag and so on. The penalty scale could be ‘Drive through’ or ‘Stop and go’ und must fit in the next following three laps!

Exlusion

The BurnoutCrew organizes this Event. We will decide about necessary adjustments if needed. There will be no privileged participation.
SignIn for the first event of the Desire of Patience Tour started today!

You may sign in using LfS with your lfs-world account. Just join the server DoP - SignIn and follow the instructions.
It should be quit easy to use, but is indeed a very effective way of sign in for us. After the process you may have a look at DoP Eventpage

Take a look at the DoP Eventpage

Remember, it is not only a national Event .

We have opend a second grid for more available Slots, now.
just noticed, you have Minimum age: 16

How will you know that they are definetly 16?

Just wanted to point that out

Thanks,
James
Indeed, we are depend on the honesty of our participants.
We couldn't do more.

Why we think so?

6, 12, or 24h races are really endurance events in front of the PC. Many hours are not really appropriate for younger kids, we think.

May be, in general it is a discussion, but not yet / here. So it would not be more than our rule for this events.
Quote from Webflat :Many hours are not really appropriate for younger kids, we think.

Really? I've been winning races of that length since I was 14 (and my brother since he was 12). I think it should probably be up to the kid to decide whether the races are right for him
Dear Racers!
we need a 'burnin-test' for the announced three longruns. Klaus just finished our tools therefore

You are invited for an 1hour "Westhill reversed preview race"

Track
* Westhill reversed

Alloweded car classes
* GTR (FXR / XRR / FZR)
* N- GTR
(UFR / XFR)
* TBO (RB4 / XRT / FXO)
* LRF (LX6 / RAC / F50)

The procedure
Main Race: on Tuesday, 2008 30th Sept.
Time: MEZ 21.00 [GMT 19.00]
* race: 1 hours
* max driver: 32
* no lag lap and no restart
* pitstop and changing driver is allowed, but not requiered
* yellow and blue flag are to attend
* tidy driving in the pitlane

Qualifikation:
* the Qualifikation is on Tuesday MEZ 20.45 [GMT 18.45]
* 10 min Qualify without Shift + S
* so -> tidy driving in the qualify

Server and PW would be announced on Tuesday in time.

Note:
For the 6h Westhill reversed on 11th October 20008 you should sign in seperate. Have a look at DoP Eventpage
I have done 1 and 2 hour stints in IGTC when I was 12, so I think that rule is completely stupid.
Quote from racer hero : ... so I think that rule is completely stupid.

This 'rule' was minted for the 6h Westhill race (not for the short one upcomming this tuesday) and especially for 12 & 24h longruns. You have got another point of view? We respect that, but we do not judge your opion as somewhat.
Feel free to join to the server tonight:

DoP - Grid 1
Pwd: dop
After a succesful ‚BurnIn-Test’ the qualify started for the mainevent [October 11th, 2008] since yesterday.
Our new InSim the ‘DoP-Hud’, as well a combined Tracker & Lapcounter and finally the complete datatranfer from the server to the mainpage is proved.

For the qualifikation a short summary:

* the Qualifikation is from October 1st till 9th (24:00 MEZ)
* each driver is limited to an amount of 10 laps, inclusive in- and out-laps (laps will be counted after first split)
* No qual-lap results in a lap time of 4:00.000

The average team time is used for qualify and is the result for the starting grid for the mainrace.

It would be great, if one or more teams will sign in or join this event (esp the TBO or LRF Class). Sign In still runs till October 9th, 2008 on the 'DoP – SignIn' LFS Server.

Check out for qualify the 'DoP - Qualify' LFS Server. (PW is not required)

For a quick overview have a look here:
DoP Eventpage
Little reminder
There are still a few slots for interested drivers or teams open for the 6h of Westhill reversed. To sign in follow the instructions here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=47924

For those who already signed in remember the qualification! You have to drive up to 10 laps using the qualification-server (DoP - Qualify) to set a time for your team.
The Qualify ends friday night.
Last few Informations:

More teams joined. (LFS Server: DoP - SignIn)
Qualify is still open (DoP – Qualify)

Have a look here: DoP Eventpage

Welcome!
PW is given in our Forum.
You can contact me via ICQ 31411342 till racestart.

Godspeed!
Unoffical results:

Winner of the GTR Class (FZR) -> The Team Mutation of 'F1RST Maverick' & '-[BC]-
Liquido'

Winner of the N-GTR Class (XFR) -> 'O'R'T'1st'

Winner of the LRF (LX6) -> 'HoR'

The official results will follow! Thx to all participants! :thumbup:
Watched it on remote. Grats to all that finished alive. :P
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great race. Especially O'R'T, we gave you guys a good run for the first few hours, however picked up some engine damage later on

Congratulations to all winners!
yes, it was not easy in the first few hour against W00T but we don't made mistakes and we had a realy high speed from the first minute until finish.

gratz to all racers and specialy @ [W00T] next time (12H Race) same??
So, here are the official results:

GTR
1. -[BC]- FIRST ......... FZR laps 193 .. 5:00:33.46 – over-all laps: 232
2. GanzGenau ........... FZR laps 191 .. 5:01:32.35 – over-all laps: 230
3. GFC-Racing.com .... FZR laps 189 .. 5:01:21.64 – over-all laps: 228
4. DNRT .................. FXR laps 190 .. 5:01:53.07 – over-all laps: 227
5. BC Team2 ............. XRR laps 188 .. 5:01:37.66 – over-all laps: 226
6. M&M ................... FXR laps 182 .. 5:01:42.82 – over-all laps: 219

N-GTR
1. O'R'T ................. XFR laps 168 .. 5:02:01.51 – over-all laps: 202
2. WOOT ............... XFR laps 167 .. 5:01:48.68 – over-all laps: 201
3. BC Team3 ........... XFR laps 165 .. 5:00:39.95 – over-all laps: 199
4. VR ................... XFR laps 164 .. 5:01:33.08 – over-all laps: 198
5. ESPB ................. XFR laps 165 .. 5:01:56.99 – over-all laps: 198
6. AGM ................. XFR laps 161 .. 5:00:46.54 – over-all laps: 195

LRF
1. HoR .................. LX6 laps 156 .. 5:01:23.71 – over-all laps: 188
2. SRS ................... LX6 laps 155 .. 5:01:33.05 – over-all laps: 187

Gratz, all who finished and the winners!

Hope to see you again! We will do some changes for the next 12 hours racing, esp. the Track
Can we get some driver specific stats, or a list of each driver in each team. I was wondering if I was the only one to go in alone, and I forgot what it looked like back in the qualifying.

Also- I am wondering if there will be rules to having a minimum number of participants for each team in the 12-hour Kyoto event. I am hoping to be allowed to go at it alone as a mental and physical challenge. I know it is impossible to do this with the 24hr event but it should be quite doable for 12 hours Please and Thanks!
Quote from blackbird04217 :Can we get some driver specific stats, or a list of each driver in each team. I was wondering if I was the only one to go in alone, and I forgot what it looked like back in the qualifying.

Also- I am wondering if there will be rules to having a minimum number of participants for each team in the 12-hour Kyoto event. I am hoping to be allowed to go at it alone as a mental and physical challenge. I know it is impossible to do this with the 24hr event but it should be quite doable for 12 hours Please and Thanks!

Here http://www.ganzgenau.com/index.php?site=stats you will find some stats of the 5h part of the race.

I think you proved very well the skill of driving an endurance race alone now. I see no problem to let you race the 12h as a one-man-team.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I know it is impossible to do this with the 24hr event but it should be quite doable for 12 hours

There are drivers who did this
Just have to remember Ky3r 24h... there was someone doin' the whole distance in a rb4 and I'm sure there more guys who did a day-race as well
Ok, well I didn't really mean to say impossible. It may be on my list of things to try if I enjoy the 12hr race. But I was simply meaning it's not in my focus right now...

Quote from KlausAdam :Here http://www.ganzgenau.com/index.php?site=stats you will find some stats of the 5h part of the race.

I think you proved very well the skill of driving an endurance race alone now. I see no problem to let you race the 12h as a one-man-team.

Thanks
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG