S08-09: Schedule
Below is the schedule for the 2008-2009 Season of the Masters of Endurance:
  1. 12 Hours of Kyoto GP Long: October 4th, 08:00 UTC
  2. 6 Hours of South City Long: November 1st, 11:00 UTC
  3. 6 Hours of Westhill International: November 29th, 11:00 UTC
  4. 24 Hours of Aston GP: January 24th, 15:00 UTC
  5. 6 Hours of Blackwood GP: February 28th, 11:00 UTC
  6. 6 Hours of Kyoto National: March 28th, 11:00 UTC
GT1 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 20:00 UTC.
GT2 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 20:40 UTC.

Each qualifying session for each class will be 30 minutes long.
I have a little request. In the last season it was the same every time: It was not possible to set up the grid in time and to start punctually. The process takes some time and it would be nice if we could go to the lobby early enough, that we can start in time.
The plan is to go to the lobby 10m before the start time.
small point,

in this opening post stands that the GT2 quali starts at 20:35

But in the rules thread:

* GT1 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 20:00 UTC.
* GT2 qualifying for each event will take place the Sunday and Friday before the event, at 20:40 UTC.

Thanks Rudy!
Quote from zockmachine :I have a little request. In the last season it was the same every time: It was not possible to set up the grid in time and to start punctually. The process takes some time and it would be nice if we could go to the lobby early enough, that we can start in time.

On this subject, couldnt an in-sim app be used to make this job much easier?
I know i was looking for something that would allow me to flip the top 8 places for the 2nd race in LFS Pro Series, and while trying to find something suitable i recall seeing someone mention they had wrote/was writing something that would basically save your grid order to a document, allowing you to load up the grid the next day (or whenever) and it'd basically dump everyone into the server in the correct order.

Has to be easier than the method of asking people to join

i'll be f**ked if i can find the damn thread though! cant for the life of me find it with search or just flicking through, but it was definately someone suggesting what they'd do or were doing would let you effectively backup the grid order to a file, and then bring it back, so im sure it could be manually wrote to suit the final order.
Alternatively, Marko's does work, ingame ordering which probably isnt much easier than doing it in the lobby.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33293
or maybe dwb could see if burnsy could do something along the lines of the above, so you could have the order ready beforehand and load it in 5sec and take all the fuss out of it. no more late starts.
I remember OLFSL used that system of automatic grid.

edit: application called Race Control.
Quote from PaulC2K :On this subject, couldnt an in-sim app be used to make this job much easier?

I think we started the 24hours in time, so the whole thing shouldn't be an issue anymore, as we also introduce a "be on the server at least 10 mins before the start, or you loose your position" rule. Personally I don't think we need another app than can go wrong
I think the only time the race start has been delayed this season, was when DWB broke the broadcast with his incompetance.
Quote from PaulC2K :On this subject, couldnt an in-sim app be used to make this job much easier?
I know i was looking for something that would allow me to flip the top 8 places for the 2nd race in LFS Pro Series, and while trying to find something suitable i recall seeing someone mention they had wrote/was writing something that would basically save your grid order to a document, allowing you to load up the grid the next day (or whenever) and it'd basically dump everyone into the server in the correct order.

i'll be f**ked if i can find the damn thread though! cant for the life of me find it with search or just flicking through, but it was definately someone suggesting what they'd do or were doing would let you effectively backup the grid order to a file, and then bring it back, so im sure it could be manually wrote to suit the final order.
Alternatively, Marko's does work, ingame ordering which probably isnt much easier than doing it in the lobby.
or maybe dwb could see if burnsy could do something along the lines of the above, so you could have the order ready beforehand and load it in 5sec and take all the fuss out of it. no more late starts.

i know that torsdagrace have some sort of auto qualify system. this is how theirs work.

they got 2 servers, you qualify on which ever server, then you shift i at the end to see which server your on and you goto the respective server. a or b. then they restart and your magically at your correct grid position maybe have a chat with them guys who run that?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I think the only time the race start has been delayed this season, was when DWB broke the broadcast with his incompetance.

Shh!
Quote from three_jump :I think we started the 24hours in time, so the whole thing shouldn't be an issue anymore, as we also introduce a "be on the server at least 10 mins before the start, or you loose your position" rule. Personally I don't think we need another app than can go wrong

yeah, i didnt mean it in a 'its always f**king late' kinda way, just that im certain ive seen talk of an app which could make life much easier for everyone, as i know from organising grids in servers myself, its a slow and monotonous task but lfs doesnt have an alternative way of doing it. But being able to write a .cfg file with the usernames of the starting drivers, hit load at 5min to, all done with minimal fuss. Just a suggestion which might make life easier at a time when its already a little hectic.
Quote from PaulC2K :

Already published exactly that: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53839. Though, still working on showing playernames, dunno why it's not working very well. But the current version works very well.
Yeah, ive been through the unofficial add-on area a few times, and looked at that 3-4 times this morning trying to find specificly what im sure ive seen. Your app has pretty much the same thing Marko has done, just slightly different interface.
The only reason im banging on about the other version is simply because that would allow you to make the grid on friday night or saturday morning, before anyone has even joined the server. If your only moving around people who are in the server, its only slightly quicker than what lfs offers. being able to hit load and theres your grid... could save so much time and faffing. Still, your app would definately be better & faster than the basic '[username] join....' that lfs leaves you with
It's a good suggestion, Paul.

Thanks, and we'll look into it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG