The online racing simulator
Round 7: Pre-Race Discussion
Hello drivers and managers!

Attached is the layout for round 7 at South City Long. As you'll see, I've done away with the excessive pit lane cones in favor of something a bit simpler. Pit entry and exit are pretty simple as well, and there's not really any portion of the circuit susceptible to cutting, so there are no worries there.

I'm looking forward to this race! Hope you all are as well.
Attached files
SO4_IGTC08.lyt - 428 B - 308 views
#2 - Makao
DWB, where is the drivers' meeting thread?
This be the substitution
Will the race be broadcasted, Benji?
Umm yes, but possibly without commentary. So if anyone has 4 hours spare
Get Astra to do it.

Still better than nothing. Will you just let it run with LFS TV Director?
I am gonna PM him now. And i dunno how it will be broadcasted regarding director.
Yes! for stream. Wanna see this one, with commentary or without it.

Yes, long saturday, i am already bored.
What is required by the person to be able to be a commentator?

I did this job for a TV station back when we had a Serbian LFS Community and when our races were broadcast live on TV on primetime
Sorry, was doing full time hard labor this week. Didn't really get a chance to write up the drivers' meeting.

So let me just say:

1. Don't wreck each other.

2. Drive smart.

3. Be careful getting out of the pits.

4. You're gonna be on camera, so look pretty.

5. Walls hurt, so stay off of them.

Good luck!
Wind? Weather?
#12 - CSF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

3. Be careful getting out of the pits.

Quick question about that.

When exiting the pits, when can you pull back to the racing line? Do you have to stay tight?
Quote from CSF :Quick question about that.

When exiting the pits, when can you pull back to the racing line? Do you have to stay tight?

See layout.

After you pass the poles you can do whatever you want, but overly aggressive/stupid driving may result in penalties.
Quote from Makao :Wind? Weather?

No wind. Weather as described in the schedule (clear day).
Quote from Dragonmen :What is required by the person to be able to be a commentator?

I did this job for a TV station back when we had a Serbian LFS Community and when our races were broadcast live on TV on primetime

Someone that can speak English preferably.
Quote from BenjiMC :Someone that can speak English preferably.

I might help on a last race of season if no one is available.

Thought about trying now but I'm unprepared and still having sore throat from the Belgrade Beer Festival a week ago... (drinking and singing with great bands)
Thats ok. We won't have a commentator so chances are theres no stream today. But next race .
Quote from BenjiMC :Thats ok. We won't have a commentator so chances are theres no stream today. But next race .

Why not let stream without commentator?
Not much point really. A marshal will be running the stream so we decided it's better to have him as a full time marshal.
STREAMM... None of us care too much about a commentator, just want to watch the action and not on remote.
hmmm... I'm planning on streaming an event at 19:00 utc.

I could include some endurance racing, for say 3,5 hours worth of. I believe astra said he'd be available tonight...
Quote from hyntty :hmmm... I'm planning on streaming an event at 19:00 utc.

I could include some endurance racing, for say 3,5 hours worth of. I believe astra said he'd be available tonight...

Astra isn't available. How would you be able to stream?
Would i be able to speak to one of you guys on msn or IRC?

Round 7: Pre-Race Discussion
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG