The online racing simulator
Cutting
(26 posts, closed, started )
Cutting
Attached are two screenshots that I want to check for cutting. I have used both of these lines in the past. Could the admins please clarify if each of those are cutting or not?

Thanks!

Edit - I just looked at the layout, and I'm thinking that picture 2 is a cut, and picture 1 isn't.
Attached images
question 1.jpg
question 2.jpg
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Edit - I just looked at the layout, and I'm thinking that picture 2 is a cut, and picture 1 isn't.

Sounds about right to me.

IMO, 2 wheels should be on the asphalt/concrete at all times, and that's all the consideration that needs to be taken.

Though cutting over the raised strips in the oval chicane should be prevented in qualifying (I haven't seen the layout yet)--in the race cutting there will cause more damage than good.
on both 16h train servers is a layout set with pylons in the chicanes. You can download this layout in the 16h forum for training.

touching the pylon with the front of the car is defined as cutting
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sounds about right to me.

IMO, 2 wheels should be on the asphalt/concrete at all times, and that's all the consideration that needs to be taken.

Though cutting over the raised strips in the oval chicane should be prevented in qualifying (I haven't seen the layout yet)--in the race cutting there will cause more damage than good.

thats correct and because of that, we'll have the layout just in qualification and not in the race.

If you think someone cutted all through the race, then you can write a protest in our forum after the race.
i try to race clean with great emphasis and i feel ashamed when someone races exploiting the track limits and goes out of those limits. it just feels... wrong...
Quote from george_tsiros :i try to race clean with great emphasis and i feel ashamed when someone races exploiting the track limits and goes out of those limits. it just feels... wrong...

This is really true.
@layout:
I just tried that layout on server and IMO that pylon is too close at chicane exit.

Here's a pic of MoE rules in this corner and as they're really close I'd be really nice if you guys both use same rules, so we don't have to practice two different lines thou there, because to practice up a line in that corner takes ages
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=40185&d=1190917380
Quote from N I K I :@layout:
I just tried that layout on server and IMO that pylon is too close at chicane exit.

Here's a pic of MoE rules in this corner and as they're really close I'd be really nice if you guys both use same rules, so we don't have to practice two different lines thou there, because to practice up a line in that corner takes ages

That sounds fair and thats how I've always seen the limits before you can call it cutting.

I think the limit is well in this competition. The cut as proposed goes beyond any logic compared to genuine competition.

I agree with the first but not with the second. The green part should not be used as track, but just the painted kerb itself.

Anyway, I haven't tried the layout but I have seen it and I think that the second corner pylon is still too much on the inside, even if you keep the inner tyres wihtin the kerb (not the green area) you might still hit the pylon with the front of the car.
Would it not be sensible to use the anti cutting measures provided by the Insim Relay ?
This way anyone can use the same on their own servers for practising, and penalties are automatically handed out.

Just my 2p
The limits in the chacane for "16hs Kyoto" are outside the painted edges, both at entry and exit in which the post is on the grass so that you can still move a little touching the grass.

Again, I believe that allowing greater cutting the chicane no longer fulfil its function as such.

Agree 100% just tried the layout and imo the chicane is to tight would be bice to alot of drivers cuss alteast 50% of the entries drove MoE here and now we need to do completly diferent line threw the corner.

i would see it as respect for the drivers if you admins change the chicane to the same as with MoE ( i think it proved yesterday and with the quali's that it workt fine ) and the rest is fine for me looking at other corners and the layout.
MOE LAYOUT !!!!!!!!!!

thanks
+1
+1 Moe layout.
Quote from de Souza :What's the difference between that picture and nothing? Didn't race in MoE but looks way unrestricted in my opinion...

It was way unrestricted, but it doesn't really matter in this race since in the rules I don't see anything about cutting (during race).
The layout will be placed only during the qualification. The race will be done without it.

The layout we use is available for approx 3 months now. Only 1 driver per car has to adapt to it (the one who drives the quali). for the others it doesnt really matter.
Quote from SRR Marty :The layout will be placed only during the qualification. The race will be done without it.

The layout we use is available for approx 3 months now. Only 1 driver per car has to adapt to it (the one who drives the quali). for the others it doesnt really matter.

But is there any restriction on where you can drive in the chicane during the race? because if someone get cuts entirely through the gravel he'll gain a considerable time in that sector.
Quote from RiGun :But is there any restriction on where you can drive in the chicane during the race? because if someone get cuts entirely through the gravel he'll gain a considerable time in that sector.

Thats why theres always at least one admin on every server who keeps an eye on this
Will there be a penalty in the race for this?
tbh it's only really benificial if you cut the left side of the chicane, the gravel on the right slows you down too much. And cutting the left side causes damage, so tbh dont do it, it's not worth it
^^ qft
I think it will cause much trouble if there isn't a rule for cutting, because we drive ~460+ laps and u can gain easy half a second there, i would say only the attemp to drive clean through the chicane will slow u down compared to a team who ignores it. The guy who drives clean through there receives than a 4 Minute penalty ((460 * 0.5 seconds)/60 seconds = 3.8 minutes) over the hole race for doing the right thing.

In my opinion a rule is needed for that, maybe something like the tires on the left side have to be clean otherwise u have to lift for 3 second's or even better a layout like in the MOE + a guidline how to act if it wasn't clean like lifting throttle. The MOE admins are very experienced i think and they don't have their layout without reason. With an admin looking there it will become random because the admin doesn't has a clear guidline how to act, when it's a cut, when it's not. And for me as racer, i just can drive through there how i think it's correct and have to hope that the admin think's the same.
This thread is closed

Cutting
(26 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG