The online racing simulator
Quote from blackbird04217 :
Mathew Beatie 10pt P1 Penalty Talking during qualifying session 1. (RC.1) Mathew Beatie - RC.1 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Mathew Beatie 10pt P1 Penalty Talking during qualifying session 1. (RC.1) Mathew Beatie - RC.1 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1

Niko Puntola Warning Cutting on outlap during qualifying. (RC.2.4) Niko Puntola - RC.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Niko Puntola Warning Cutting on hotlap during qualifying. (RC.2.4) Niko Puntola - RC.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1

Felixe Funke 15pt P2 Penalty Not reaching Split 1 of cool-down lap. (Q.2.4) Felixe Funke - Q.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Kasper Johnsen 15pt P2 Penalty Not reaching Split 1 of cool-down lap. (Q.2.4) Kasper Johnsen - Q.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Chris Karsten Warning Cutting on outlap during qualifying. (RC.2.4) Chris Karsten - RC.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Igor Savi 15pt P2 Penalty Not reaching Split 1 of cool-down lap. (Q.2.4) Igor Savi - Q.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 1
Blas Aguilar Warning Cutting on outlap during qualifying. (RC.2.4) Blas Aguilar - RC.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Tony Lonnstrom Warning Cutting on hotlap during qualifying. (RC.2.4) Tony Lonnstrom - RC.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Jordan T 15pt P2 Penalty Not reaching Split 1 of cool-down lap. (Q.2.4) Jordan T - Q.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Andrei Radu 15pt P2 Penalty Not reaching Split 1 of cool-down lap. (Q.2.4) Andrei Radu - Q.2.4 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Chris Karsten 10pt P1 Penalty Talking during qualifying session 2. (RC.1) Chris Karsten - RC.1 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Mathew Beatie 10pt P1 Penalty Changing names to chat. (GC.3 & GC.3.1) Mathew Beatie - GC.3 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Niko Puntola 10pt P1 Penalty Changing names to chat. (GC.3 & GC.3.1) Niko Puntola - GC.3 - 1.jpg Qualify Session 2
Andrei Radu 10pt P1 Penalty Talking during a race. (RC.1) Andrei Radu - RC.1 - 1.jpg Match1 Race1
Mathew Beatie 10pt P1 Penalty Changing names to chat. (GC.3 & GC.3.1) Mathew Beatie - GC.3 - 2.jpg Match2 Race1
Lukasz Kaczmarek Warning More than two wheels, just barely off track, no gain due to lifting throttle. Match3 Race1
Andrei Radu Warning More than two wheels off track, no gain due to lifting throttle. Match6 Race1
Tony Lonnstrom 25pt P3 Penalty Cutting during a race. (RC.2.4) Tony Lonnstrom - RC.2.4 - 2.jpg Match7 Race2
Niko Puntola 10pt P1 Penalty More than two wheels off track, minimal time gain noticed. Niko Puntola - RC.2.4 - 3.jpg Match13 Race1
Niko Puntola 25pt P3 Penalty Cutting during a race. (RC.2.4) Niko Puntola - RC.2.4 - 4.jpg Match13 Race2
Kasper Johnsen Warning More than two wheels off track, lifted throttle, no gain. Match14 Race1
Niko Puntola 10pt P1 Penalty Talkinjg during Match15 Race3 (RC.1) Niko Puntola - RC.1 - 1.jpg Match15 Race3
Niko Puntola 10pt P1 Penalty Talkinjg during Match15 Race3 (RC.1) Niko Puntola - RC.1 - 1.jpg Match15 Race3

Not my series, but why are the above penalties (that I have highlighted) listed twice? Typo or two penalties of the same basic type and occurance?
Quote from banshee56 :Not my series, but why are the above penalties (that I have highlighted) listed twice? Typo or two penalties of the same basic type and occurance?

Same type, and occurred back to back. Although the Niko outlap and hotlap cutting should have had different images for the proof, so maybe that was a typo.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
I do have them and I will upload them to mediafire in a bit if I can remember to do so later. Getting ready to clean and do other random things right now. I need to discuss with others on "the board" but I may make that split 1 penalty be 5pts with no hotlap, and 15 pts with hotlap. This would effectively make the penalty what I wanted/needed - to remove the points up to that spot in the event. (5 pts for showing to warm-up on time, and 10pts if you made it to Round 1).
Ok we have come to the decision as follows -

If you did not finish the qualifying session for whatever reason, fuel, flipped, stuck, disconnected, etc... You will be punished with a 5pt Penalty if you have not completed your hotlap, or a 15pt penalty if you have. This is not as bad as it seems since you get 5pts for showing up to warmup on time, and you get 10pts if your hotlap brings you into Round1. Essentially it's a slap on the wrist. I am now going to review Event 1 and post the results there asap.
Website is finally updated!

Looks like Kaw's mistakes on qualifying did have some weight and BigTime's pessimist expectations weren't that bad afterall... But there's still plenty of points to be scored!

I foresee a tight fight for 3rd place.
Quote from de Souza :I foresee a tight fight for 3rd place.

Don't even think about fighting for 3rd place because I want your 5th and no doubt I will get it in next round (or at least try and fail really hard)
Quote from Kdovi :Don't even think about fighting for 3rd place because I want your 5th and no doubt I will get it in next round (or at least try and fail really hard)

How much will you pay for it?
#84 - Kaw
That right there is bollocks.

Just to ask a quick quest. What do you loose by us not getting to the 1. sector of cooldown lap? Just wondering.
Well if it took longer than 5 minutes to get to Sector 1 we lose time, and initially that was all I had made a penalty for, however it's professionalism and makes the event feel more like your at a racing track doing this when you get there, I don't want to see people flying off the track after qualifying or racing for that matter. Originally I was going to make the racers go to split one after each race, but that would take too long. It would make the videos look much better when people stay on track after and behave as if it were real life.

The rule was made to bring another level of realism/professionalism to the events, I chopped the penalty to be a mere slap on the wrist, especially for a top dog.
Quote from blackbird04217 :The rule was made to bring another level of realism/professionalism to the events, I chopped the penalty to be a mere slap on the wrist, especially for a top dog.

Did good until there. See, this comment shows favoritism and is the improper way to look at this situation. I'm now the points leader because of this penalty and I myself will say that this penalty is a little harsh. I think some of these penalties points need to be looked into because there doesn't seem to be enough versatility in the system, to punish people properly.

Also, incidents like Niko's constant cutting, (which probably cost me a chance to win this event) should be dealt with during the event. You can't let someone hurt 4 other drivers chances of winning, and then penalize that driver at the end of the event. That would give everyone on the other side of the bracket an advantage.
Wow, I don't know where that came from Nolan, but I am FAR from choosing favorites. Everyone is being treated identically. I am merely pointing out yet one more time, that 15pts is not the end of the world here. After two events you already have over 100pts. And the second event didn't end as well as you would have liked for you which would have been more. That's all I meant. Niko got penalized very hard during that last event, and if anyone else was in the same place they would have been dealt with identically the same. Did you not see Niko's penalties above. I know you felt that he should have been warned and such for the aggressive move, you and I talked about this quite a bit that night, as well as Michael and I did after the fact. I stated "I chopped the penalty to be a mere slap on the wrist" for everyone. It used to be a 30pt penalty and I felt that was WAY to harsh for anyone. Especially since its the added realism feel and professionalism... Which is why the rule changed to 5pts if you have not completed a hotlap, and 15pts if you have. That is the final verdict and everyone who broke the rule is treated identically...

I am quite astonished where I am taking sides and treating people differently, but I have been asked by two people now to relieve them from the penalties since they finished the first time around. I am going to consider this and will meet with the other admins to talk it over because the event was restarted and that was my fault. However, if I do this everyone will still be treated the same, I really don't play favorites, nor am I gonna start. I guess this is a touchy subject for me, but if you honestly believe the admin staff or myself are treating people differently let me know, either here (in a nice, clean way), or PM...

Thanks

ADDED:

About penalizing during the event, we used to do this and it's too much pressure to make accurate decisions, that and its only a chance that we notice something wrong in which people complain later. All penalties are dealt with after the event for this specific reason so that we have the time to cool our heads and judge fairly and efficiently rather than pressured to make a quick on the fly decision. What if we gave someone a penalty in our old way of doing things because technically they had more than 2 wheels off track and had cut. But then during the aftermath we notice that even though there was a cut they did not gain any time since they backed off significantly. Then we just applied a very unfair penalty and there's nothing we can do about it. All penalties should be saved till the end to be judged fairly. If someone took you out, or you lost out due to someone being unsportsmanlike, than it was an unlucky day for you but they will be penalized. This happens a lot in real life events as well...
I just wanted to say that we chose points-based penalties for a reason: our races last about 1 minute!

In a normal league race - say IGTC - you have a thread for complaints. Based on that admins fire the replay, check what happened, and then eventually give the penalties.

For us, that procedure will take about 5min tops. But that's 5 minutes with the event being on hold, with everyone looking at blank screens. On an event like that last one where we had about 5 incidents, that's 20-30min of just sitting on the server for everyone, besides your normal waiting time...

That's way too much for anyone's patience.
After two complaints/appeals for the penalties where people had finished qualifying the first time, yet did not finish the second time I did some reviewing and thinking. Everyone awarded with the Q.2.4) Each participant needs to reach split 1 of the track on their cool-down lap. penalties will still receive them regardless of what happened before the restart of the event. This decision is based on the fact that it was still an event atmosphere, the event simply restarted, and the rules still need to be obeyed. I get the fact that people were taken out of their zone, and the event may have run a tad longer than you would typically have thought but I can't allow the penalty to be thrown away here only to be applied the next time around if there was ever another restart. If I was to say that I'd throw them away this time, that would give the impression that I would need to not hand out penalties the next time the same thing happened, and in such it could become a mess.

Sorry for those that appealed, you have valid reasons and I hope you realize that this was thought about but for the above reasons we needed to apply the penalties.

Head-to-Head: Summer Series '08 - Event 2
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG