The online racing simulator
Round 1: Postponed two weeks.
Hi all! unfortunately, there have been many people who seem to not know the rules well so I've decided to give everyone a chance to read the rules and understand them for next week.

Sorry for those who attended today but it simply was a mess.

Kind Regards,

Leprekaun
Didn't seem like a mess to me. But on the other hand i did drive for those 35 minuts through and through. And just when i clawed back up to 5th
i think ill be pulling out mate, im sorry its not for me.
As I already mentioned on the server, both Minds Racing team withdrew from the Cup. I believe one can not simply cancel an event because some of the rules have not been understood, they have had enough time.
Don't think ill be in for the rest of the league either, you know why!

I suggest you ban chat fullstop and by postponing it now, you have made Messy miss eTm!
where here..... does it say no swearing?

''Chatter

*There are no rules against chatter, its nice to discuss a racing event with fellow racers, however, any time when the league administrator is calling out drivers to join the grid for any of the races, chatter is prohibited. Chatter is also prohibited during the scrutineering process. There will be some more leniency regarding this rule but if its repeated more than two times, the league administrator will start to enforce the penalty system. After the league administrator states that the session is finished (by saying "thank you all", "session complete" or "session finished"), drivers may converse with one another until the following session.''
Server behaviour which is above it states so.
Very disappointing I think. I don't really know why you created a calendar and a big rules list if it changes everyday.
The rule that chatting is not allowed stands for a few minutes, then we should write if we want to postpone or not. But how, if chatting is not allowed?
So maybe next try in 7 days, if it won't work we'll meet the week after :banghead:
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Don't think ill be in for the rest of the league either, you know why!

I suggest you ban chat fullstop and by postponing it now, you have made Messy miss eTm!

It was Messy's choice whether to compete tonight or not. He didn't do anything wrong. He decided to disconnect.
I was quite happy to carry on racing tonight, I had made the effort to cancel what I was going to do tonight, sat down, spent time qualifying and was ready to race.

Simply going 'Type +1' if you want to postpone isn't a great voting system

I counted about 4 +1's and there were still about 10-11 people on the server.

The people saying 'lets race' and '-1' were just getting lost in the chat.

Just feel I've wasted my time tonight.
Quote from RiceBurner (GER) :Very disappointing I think. I don't really know why you created a calendar and a big rules list if it changes everyday.
The rule that chatting is not allowed stands for a few minutes, then we should write if we want to postpone or not. But how, if chatting is not allowed?
So maybe next try in 7 days, if it won't work we'll meet the week after :banghead:

I'm sorry if I didn't state that chat is allowed when asked for everyone's opinion, that was my fault for assuming that everyone was allowed to speak so I am sorry for that.
Quote from carlson74 :I believe one can not simply cancel an event because some of the rules have not been understood, they have had enough time.

exactly
Quote from PaulJ_85 :I was quite happy to carry on racing tonight, I had made the effort to cancel what I was going to do tonight, sat down, spent time qualifying and was ready to race.

Simply going 'Type +1' if you want to postpone isn't a great voting system

I counted about 4 +1's and there were still about 10-11 people on the server.

The people saying 'lets race' and '-1' were just getting lost in the chat.

Just feel I've wasted my time tonight.

My sincere apologies if you had any plans tonight. There were just simply too many drivers breaking the rules and showing some aggressive behaviour.
Quote from Leprekaun :I'm sorry if I didn't state that chat is allowed when asked for everyone's opinion, that was my fault for assuming that everyone was allowed to speak so I am sorry for that.

I concentrate on driving, so I do not read chat messages.
Going to have a shower, and grab a taxi to join my mates now... However, taking a taxi on your own = £7-£10, split between a group of mates = £2 each.

I'll be sending a invoice to you soon
Just out of intrest, would Dennis of been able to race?
:lol: paul!

well, for me it was abit of a muddle, anyone that didnt turn up to the test vent i wouldnt have thought would have a clue...

i missed out on my pecker being licked tonight due to this race.. not happy.. now she's busy.
Bad choice
I said in server that it is difficult for me to race next week, you said that "we know" and you take the one man decision to Postponed the race to the next week, and did not respect rest of ppl whom want to race today, ppl whom sticks to your rules as you posted it!!
My friend it is not a good starting for your career as an admin, rules are clear to all, even one week will not solve the problem!!cuz we had weeks to read rules, even if they tough, we accepted it.

my dear I wish you all the best, but I am out of this league, not for what happened in the server but cuz calendar was perfect with my off days that you said "we know that" !!!!

Do you remember this answer 3 hours ago when I posted if any race today!!
Quote from Leprekaun :The race is today as planned.

Bye dear
Good point Abbas. Essentially the people who turned up today, read the rules and acted within them have been robbed of their race.

We're all paying the price for one or two people's bad language.

I agree with you, I did not see a majority of people saying +1.

However, the fact it wasn't "Do you want to postpone the race, type 'Yes' or 'No'."

It was 'If you want the race to be postponed type '+1'.

About 4 people typed '+1' everyone else remained silent! Infact, people were typing 'maybe they can't hear us, because they have messages blocked?'...

Or perhaps, they were answering your question. You only asked the people WANTING to postpone to post +1. There wasn't any message anyone else wanting to race could put except silence in your options.

I stand by I counted about 4 +1's and there were about 10 or 11 people on that server.

4 = yes postpone and 5 or 6 = no (i.e. stayed silent like you asked).

Naturally if you only ask the people who WANT it to be postponed to post +1 and nothing to be posted if you don't want it postponed, you're going to end up with

Chat:
+1
+1
+1
+1

As the people sitting there wanting to race, have no option to declare their vote!
Hi all! to make the race more suitable for more racers, I've decided to postpone the event to two weeks instead of one week. My sincere apologies for the mixup tonight.

I've also changed the rule regarding server behaviour to include a warning before getting kicked or banned so I'm sorry for my harsh decision of kicking you Chris and Reece.

I hope those whom have decided to pull out can come back because you are the guys who make the league special (of course, with everyone else ). Really sorry for the mixup and I hope we can try again in two weeks with things better managed .

Kind Regards,

Leprekaun
good choice
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi all! to make the race more suitable for more racers, I've decided to postpone the event to two weeks instead of one week. My sincere apologies for the mixup tonight.

I've also changed the rule regarding server behaviour to include a warning before getting kicked or banned so I'm sorry for my harsh decision of kicking you Chris and Reece.

I hope those whom have decided to pull out can come back because you are the guys who make the league special . Really sorry for the mixup and I hope we can try again in two weeks with things better managed .

Kind Regards,

Leprekaun

Nice and good gentleman decisions mate, fair enough to rejoin
I am in again.
And I am inviting all pro drivers whom left the league to rejoin also.
Gentlemen lets have fun and help make this league powerful by stick to rules.

Best regards to the league admin and all racers
Whoah
My connection failed there, and I have a lot of work to do before Wednesday anyway (which is in 40 minutes here btw), so good news for me.
shh I expected this
Leprekaun,

I guess I'm not keeping myself up to date on everything that's happening in the league, but I thought Round 1 was scheduled for wednesday, june 11th. I checked the calendar last week and I believe that's what it said then.

Now, I understand the need to change the rules. and this being the first season, you job is made even harder as the single administrator.

However, changing rules w/out much notice ahead of time is going to create problems for participants. The rule changes are even harder to follow, since they appear in the "locked" threads on the forum. That is, even if you edit a locked thread, its title won't appear in bold, like the other threads where new posts have been added. As such, it is very easy to overlook rule changes and be completely unaware of them.

Therefore, in the future, I would like to ask you to notify all the participants by PMs or email of any rule change, preferably a few days ahead of the race.

Thanks,
yes, I'm sorry Bayram, I'll for sure do that. Sorry about that
#25 - AMB
Not sure whether i want to race in the league, i missed an eTM race tonight, when i could of been practicing i was practicing for GT3 instead, i don't think it's fair that pearcy got banned, maybe if you would of saved the replay and checked it to see what happend and go from there, it would of been better, also not letting people race for a simple rule break is kinda strict, now i have to see if the new calender fits in with, eTM, DSR GTReMix and GFC if not i'll have to withdraw, post back soon.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG