The online racing simulator
Pool 4, from pole
This was my first race ever in this league, and so far I like everything about it . I ended up in Pool 4 and got pole position, took the start, managed to keep the lead all through the race and everyone I lapped did a great job respecting the blue flag.

I managed to get some space between myself and the second from the start, but pretty soon Sven Schmid started to gain on me. He was lapping faster than me and gained every lap. He would catch me soon enough, and he did. I was not ready to give him much trouble if he tried to pass me, since points in this league are so close, position wise, I would never risk a run off for position. He never had the chance to try though and run into some trouble. I haven't seen the replay yet, so I don't know what kind of trouble.

I decided to join this league Wednesday late evening, so had only Thursday evening to practice the UFR on this track. I had no setup for UFR on this track, only drove UFR on WE1 before. Managed to extract the WR-setup and modify it to be nicer to the tyres, put in half an hour practice and then qualified for Pool 4, in pole position.

After the qualifying I managed to put in some more practice and entered the 1:24's, even managed a couple of high 1:23's, but in the race I stayed in the 1:24's in this little monster .

I practiced some starts from pole and some pit stops, so I was fairly confident in those parts.
My R3's in front held up the whole race and actually got a bit too cold at the end...

For the next race I'm hoping to reach Pool 2 or even Pool 1. I mean two weeks practice instead of half an hour . Still there are more stuff to fiddle with in the setup of these cars... I have only raced XRR once, but never FZR. I know the track pretty well. Not exactly that combo, but half the track I've raced and the other half I raced in reverse. I think I will go FZR because of the engine sound .

Event 6, Fern Bay Gold, XFR+UFR
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG