The online racing simulator
Test Event *After Chat*
For all those that took part, congrats.

i think there are a couple of things that need sorting out, for example the scruteneering..

other thatn that there shouldnt be many problems, i htink that overall that the testing went ok.

i took these snaps from after the race.
Attached images
New Bitmap Imageq.jpg
New Bitmap Imageq2.jpg
New Bitmap Imageq22.jpg
New Bitmap 21.jpg
New Bitmap Imageq221.jpg
I Had fun

The cars are so good to drive when u get used to it,
I only have 2 comments...

1stly - I think some people need to take it a bit easy into turn 1 on lap one. It's a 21 lap race, not a sprint! 1st race, I had that 'AMT' guy just fly up the inside, tag me and C.Redman in t1, which then pushed me out wide onto the dirt.

Had to wait to rejoin the track, then got collected and when i finally got back on the road was a good 30-40 secs behind the leader after 1/2 a lap.

but that 'b.osbanov' needs to be put on some sort of 'warning' / 'watched closely'.

in 1st race, he was 'drifting' all over the track, so just blocking and going slow in the bends (which meant because of the earlier accident caused me to be behind him) then when i finally went to pass, even though I was clearly past, he just cut across taking both of us out again.

Then in the 2nd race, about 2 laps from the end, I'm coming round a bend and get collected by him reversing straight across the track and obviously not checking first.
@Paul - great job spelling my name there. I was driving with Lep's setup which I had zero practice with, and certainly not feeling the car very well. Understeeeeeer...snap oversteer.
1st race - sucks to be behind a slower car, but we were racing for position. At the end of the straight I didn't intentionally cut it in front of you. The car snapped on me at that point (again).
2nd race - 100% my fault. I apologized to you both times. If that's not enough, well, that's racing. I hope to have better car control next time, unless the setups are again changed the day before.
fair enough, didn't realise you were using a unknown setup. I did think wtf are you doing lol

Yeh we were fighting for position in 1st race, although I was a little bit annoyed I was even in that position as I had spent 45 mins qualifying to be tapped off 1st corner.

Oh well, test race... hopefully the real one's will be better.

I'm gonna go practice my 1:10 laps to be a bit more competitive for the real thing
Well, in terms of organisation, that was disastrous . I'm really sorry guys for the constant mix ups and cock ups. I've learnt from my mistakes and it won't happen again .

Scrutineering rules are going to be changed.

Regarding driver behaviour, most people were fine, however, it was unnecessary for some of the aggressive behaviour certain drivers had over others and if in a real event, they would have been met with consequences so please, lets try to be gentlemen and deal with things professionally.

As for the driving standard, I think there are mixed feelings across the field. Some people were quite angry, some weren't bothered and some thought it was ok but could be better. So if there is anyone in particular that you're not happy with, please notify me as soon as possible through a PM to tell me who you thought their driving was bad.

To cheer everyone up , I found this video last night that I think is HILARIOUS! . You should watch it : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJu2-QyP2M

Statistics & Replays

Sorry, for some reason, the qualifying stats file is buggered in the rar above so I've attached the qualifying stats seperately.
Attached files
FZ50GT3Cup_Test_Event_QStats.rar - 4.1 KB - 267 views
Pwnt...

Whine mode on Paul imo.
not really whine mode..

i do agree with him, some drivers need more 'awareness' when racing..

i know what Speedy Pro will of done, thought oh a 1:10 lap set, ill use his setup and ill get fast laps...

just a friendly note next time just stick with what you have practised with.

p.s. i was thinking the same, but i thought no.. ill use mine since thats the one im most familiar with.
there is a problem with the replay file !
can you reupload it again ?
Maybe if the organizer pulled his finger out and made a decision about what set will be used, so i can start practicing.
Quote from R3DMAN :
i know what Speedy Pro will of done, thought oh a 1:10 lap set, ill use his setup and ill get fast laps...

I would've been happy to use my own set, but as it turned out that set violated the setup restrictions, so I had to use a "legal" set. And at that point, Lep's was the only one I had access to. Bummer, but hopefully we'll all be better prepared for the real race.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Maybe if the organizer pulled his finger out and made a decision about what set will be used, so i can start practicing.

is there really any need for that level of arrogance? You have to remember that he started the league without any of these setup restrictions, and only brought them into play after a few people mentioned the idea. Give him a break, he needs time to work it all out as well as doing other league related stuff.
Quote from Dennis93 :Pwnt...

Whine mode on Paul imo.

Not really, I apologised to him when he explained his situation.

Plus it could've easily been you he'd of hit, by reversing backwards across the track when he was being lapped without looking. I can't see you'd of been thrilled by it yourself.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Maybe if the organizer pulled his finger out and made a decision about what set will be used, so i can start practicing.

with that kind of attitude, you're going to be getting yourself in trouble. I'm here to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone, its my first league to run and because of my indecisivness of the sets, I've chosen to let you vote for which you prefer. I could just be a c*ck and say "right lads, this is the set thats being used, like it or piss off".

So please, have some patience and if you're worried about what to practice with, practice with both until a decision is made.
Sorry about that, just a little frustrated by the fact that the race is a week away, both sets having varied differences, plus i don't want to practice with two sets, its so unproductive and not even worth practicing.
The race is in 3 days BTW.
Thanks for that............
hey guys, i must say im a tad unimpressed with all the banter going on. i missed the prac event due to real racing commitments.

Surely banter about bad driving etc should be kept to PM's between 2 drivers involved and the organisers, not such a good show for outsiders reading this thread...

As for the banter towards the organiser (Lep), catch a wake up boys, test event is there to "TEST" things out, setups and all!

Anywayz, looking forward to out first proper race on tuesday!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG