The online racing simulator
Desire of Patience Tour (including 24h-race)

Webflat and me initiated the Desire of Patience Tour as a tribute to the 5th anniversary of the BurnoutCrew.
The DoP will be divided into three independent events:

- 11.10.2008 -- 6h Westhill International Rev
- 22.11.2008 -- 12h Kyoto Grand Prix
- 24.01.2009 -- 24h Aston Grand Touring

So you don't have to be part of the first event, if you simply want to show your skill in the 24h-race, but you may...

Car-classes are the same in all of the events:

1) GTR (FXR, XRR, FZR)
2) NGTR (XFR, UFR)
3) LRF (LX6, RAC, FZ5)
4) TBO (XRT, RB4, FXO)
(No handycaps for the faster cars.)

Qualify-modes could be a bit different. We think about some kind of team-qualify, so every member of a team has to drive laps on the qualy-server. The average time driven would be the counted qualy-time. The qualy-server will be open only a few days and time-slots and you will be limited to a number of 10 laps (maybe more).

Teams should have from 2 to 4 members.

We are in the early days of the DoP, so not everything has finished yet, but trust me, there will be introduced some really cool features.
(Well, I'll have to keep programming a lot of stuff :schwitz

We try to keep you informed!

I got the speed, I got the need.
The beast inside has to be feed.
Go to hell and take a tour.

Desire is such a lovely word,
take care of it think of a baby bird.

Come back and search for the cure.
Patience may return it all to you.

Find the fast man's well known deed,
and don't end up in crazy weed.

Klaus Adam, 2008
I will deffinitly try to make it to these events, should be great fun!
Best of luck guys, I'm looking forward to it, the squad has been waiting a long time to finally enter a 24h race.

btw, happy 5th birthday BC!
what weekdays are these?
bah, teams.
I can't wait for this, me and w00t Wilko may have a stab at the 24h race
Quote from Stefani24 :what weekdays are these?
bah, teams.

The Races will start at saturdays.

We think about 1-people-teams for the 6h-race, but not for 12h or 24h.
I'm up for this
All drivers, I hope you understand in 24h You dont win it untill the 23 h at most! No crashers needed.
#9 - Kdovi
Greg, on the other hand, if you lose just 0.1 per lap, it makes more than one minute after 24 hours
You can lose more than one minute with one stupid mistake and having major damage in the pits. You are more likely to have that major accident if you are trying to gain that last 0.1 every lap. Infact, if you drive like that you will probably have more like 20 of those accidents, resulting in a loss of about 20 minutes. Lose 20 minutes crashing or lose 1 minute backing off slightly? Pretty obvious decision really
Just a note: the 24hr event will likely be on or near the same weekend as the Masters of Endurance 24hr event, based on previous years' MoE schedules.
Well MoE are too elitist to allow most of us in anyway so thats not really a big deal
At least 2 GVRt members are interested, initially for the 6 hour event! Is there a link for the sign-ups? Are sign-ups limited in any way?
ha pratice for this starts tomorrow :hint hint::banana:
Quote from sosna :At least 2 GVRt members are interested, initially for the 6 hour event! Is there a link for the sign-ups? Are sign-ups limited in any way?

The sign-up starts at the end of this summer. There will be a very innovative way to do this. I won't tell to much about it for now, but I think you'll be a bit suprised...
I don't think we need to limit sign-ups. We're able to start in multiple grids.
Quote from KlausAdam :The sign-up starts at the end of this summer. There will be a very innovative way to do this. I won't tell to much about it for now, but I think you'll be a bit suprised...

great... hopefully I can get a team together...

Well about teams... I'd suggest to have:

maximum drivers
06h: 3 Drivers
12h: 4 Drivers
24h: 6 Drivers

I know from the MoE that they, altough they are an elite league, have up to 6 racers in their 24h race! Maybe a maximum Stint of 2h per driver?
Quote from KlausAdam :The sign-up starts at the end of this summer. There will be a very innovative way to do this. I won't tell to much about it for now, but I think you'll be a bit suprised...

ok thanks!Cant wait for summer to end!
#19 - Bee
Could be a nice way to break my Enduro duck.
#20 - CSF
Sounds like alot of fun.
#22 - CSF
yesterday finished 3h Race at Westhill Rev, so no Question we are in
Quote from Scott_Michaels :Well MoE are too elitist to allow most of us in anyway so thats not really a big deal

Oww!

There's a certain amount of elitism involved, sure. There has to be in order to keep a high quality grid.

For what it's worth, I think Northstar might have a decent shot at a GT2 spot for next season if you guys keep improving as you have in IGTC. :shhh:
I'm certainly not saying elitism is a bad thing... but, it would be nice if you took more account of experience in sims other than LFS. But thats very off topic and as I said I'd rather a little elitism than allowing any fool in so I'll stop talking

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG