The online racing simulator
FZ50 GT3 Cup

Hi all! well, I've been planning this league for a couple months now and its finally here! . The car used is the FZR with a %10 intake and 70 Kg restrictions to simulate the current Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car that is used in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup.

Regarding race dates, I have two proposed calendars. One that runs every week and one that runs every two weeks. You can find them both in the document. I will hold a poll to see what you guys are more happy with.

How to sign up:

Please provide your name, your LFS licence name, LFS screen name, the country you're representing, your team and whether you'll be creating your own skin and if not, as explained in the document, please provide details to the colours you wish to use.

Please write in the following format:

Name:

Licence name:

Screen name:

Team name:

I have my own skin:
(yes/no + details on colours that you wish to use)

You can find all the information you need in the attachments below but sign up quick! registration closes June 7th.

UPDATE: Updated FZ50 GT3 Cup document.

Kind Regards,

Leprekaun (League administrator)

Attached files
FZ50 GT3 Cup Details.rar - 353.3 KB - 548 views
Nice one Leprekaun, looks like a good, well thought out league and I hope it goes well.

Best wishes
What about setups? Porsche GT3 Cup cars all use the same -locked- suspension setup and gear ratios? If values could be found from somewhere it would be very realistic

Check this
http://www.motorsport.org.nz/P ... %20Tech%20Regs%20App1.pdf
Edit: also this
http://www.motorsport.org.nz/P ... 8%20GT3%20Tech%20Regs.pdf

Almost all data is here; springs are described with three numbers:

100-60-260; This means
60mm inner diameter

100mm lenght

260 N/mm spring rate
I discussed the matter of restricting other parts of setup with an InSim coder but unfortunately, he said its not possible so thats a rule that I'm afraid I can't restrict.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Nice one Leprekaun, looks like a good, well thought out league and I hope it goes well.

Best wishes

You're very welcome to join of course and invite some friends along too
#6 - Jakg
Couldn't you just have everyone send you their set at the end and check?

You should be able to trust your drivers, though...
#8 - Bean0
I'd like to enter this, but will have to check whether I;m going to have time.

Best of luck with it, should be a goodun
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
ok, I'll run restricted setups. I'll add the rule to the document but I'm going to test out the restricted downforce settings (apparently, the front wing can't be adjusted and is set at the lowest value possible). The spring rates and damper shouldn't be a problem. Brake power is also restricted so I've decided to calculate the brake power by calculating the average brake power of all WR sets.

Will add all the various restricted settings in the document once I calculate the brake power.
Sounds fun, especially with the forced setup idea.

I would be in, but I would probably miss 3 events because I will be in Australia
Sounds interesting but the time isn't very convenient. If the quali starts at 11 pm and then there's 2 races it'll be quite late when it's finished, considering some people have to wake up early for work.
Sounds like an awesome idea, but I've got no team, I'm rubbish with the FZR and more importantly, I'm on the other side of the globe

Edit: if having a team is not absolutely necessary, I'd be interested to join. But why not run the events on weekends (Sat. or Sun.)? Mid-week racing may be difficult to accomodate for many, especially during the fall. Meant in the spirit of a friendly suggestion
Do you have to be in a Team to do this, and does it matter If I suddenly can't make a race because, say, my dinner is at 8:00?
Quote from JO53PHS : does it matter If I suddenly can't make a race because, say, my dinner is at 8:00?

There are two races. I think you'd do quali and miss r1
I meant would it be ok IF my dinner was at 8:00. It's usually earlier though
Name: Joseph Ellis

Licence name: JO53PHS

Screen name: JO53PHS

Team name: n/a

I have my own skin: I don't have my own skin yet, but I am going to make one. I will tell you what colours once I've decided
ok, great, will add you to the sign up list. As for the skins, if you're going to make one, thats fine, no need to state colours but the idea, as stated in the document, is that if you don't, I can create a skin for you based on the FZ50 GT3 Cup skin design that I've created (cars in my avatar) but with the colour scheme that you want.

Yes, a team is required.
I like the idea, will have to see if I can find the time to take part...

Quote from Leprekaun :ok, I'll run restricted setups. I'll add the rule to the document but I'm going to test out the restricted downforce settings (apparently, the front wing can't be adjusted and is set at the lowest value possible). The spring rates and damper shouldn't be a problem. Brake power is also restricted so I've decided to calculate the brake power by calculating the average brake power of all WR sets.

Will add all the various restricted settings in the document once I calculate the brake power.

If the 260 N/mm are right, it's off the scale for the FZR (only goes to 250 N/mm)... From what I've understood, the only adjustable parameters in terms of suspension are the ride height and the ARB's... Gearing is fixed, as is the diff locking, but there is no mentioning of tyres and steering... Also, you've got to throw in 20 kg more ballast, as the minimum weight with driver is 1240 kg...
Quote from Leprekaun :

Yes, a team is required.

I'll ask a few people if they want to be my team mate. If not I'll have to pull out
I think the league sounded better without the setup restrictions. I really like these cars, and the 10% intake and 50kgs ballast sound awsome to me, just dont think the fixed suspention or gearing is partiulary appealing, i know i like to change my susp. values during the race for example
This sounds cool, depends of a date, I might be there.
I like the fixed setups. True to the series. however will be hard to implement in practice.
i think i would like to join..

should be pretty free on them days (finish work at 4pm)

will be my first league event since STCC!

ill fill in the details for you

Name: Chris Redman

Licence name: R3DMAN

Screen name: Chris Redman

Team name: RC Developmets

I have my own skin: Yes i do, majority white with blue, red and carbon.
Is it possible to create a team of only one person? : )
Quote from bbman :I like the idea, will have to see if I can find the time to take part...

If the 260 N/mm are right, it's off the scale for the FZR (only goes to 250 N/mm)...

I have Test patch Y19.

Quote from bbman :From what I've understood, the only adjustable parameters in terms of suspension are the ride height and the ARB's...

ARBs's:
Front - five different settings
Rear - four different settings

Quote from bbman :Gearing is fixed, as is the diff locking, but there is no mentioning of tyres and steering... Also, you've got to throw in 20 kg more ballast, as the minimum weight with driver is 1240 kg...

The minimum racing weight for:
Class 997 vehicle, including the driver is 1,240kg.
Question is what "racing weight" means - how much fuel is this.

It really is hard to reconstruct these in LFS, especially considering that 997 Cup has 260N/mm springs, which none of these WR sets seem to use, they use much much less. Also car has another spring.
More on relation between "Main" and "second" springs:
http://e30m3performance.com/te ... sp-tech/springs/index.htm
So considering this, actual wheel rate may not be so easily calculated, maybe it is possible to combine tender and main spring so that actual spring rate can be calculated -which is probably less then 260n/mm

If the locked setups will be used, it would be brand new car in LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG