The online racing simulator
#1 - troy
Race 2 - Aston Club Rev
Having trouble finding somebody to do some training with you? Had a great race and want to tell everybody about it? Here is your chance for all the discussions related to Race2 of the season.

Race2 Details:

Date: 2008-05-18, 18:30 UTC
Track: AS2R
Car: LX6
Qualifying: 15min
Laps: 31 (pitstop mandatory) Special rule for this race: no pitting on lap one except for heavy damage

Live timing provided by elitesquad: http://www.elitesqd.com/modules.php?name=LfsPb
Can't wait to hop in the car for some practice tonight, is anyone around during 8pm EST? I believe thats 2am UTC.
I could get on for some practice BB if you want and indeed looking forward to this one too

Btw, server ur in is pass protected O NOEZ!
i can practice what i want but still need to start last... so wont practice alot for this one..
Hopely my internet won't let me down this time.
Quote from March Hare :Want a bet on that one?

its becaus i didnt drove race 1.
and i didnt post it in time that i wasnt at home..
Was only 10 min to late for the race so couldnt post it in time but its oke..
will see how it goes from the last row
I hear you are not the only one who didn't show.
It's going to be... interesting at the back for race 2.
#9 - troy
I would if I wasn't working! Stop teasing me with that, I just might quit my day job. . . (Haha, I don't think so I got a nice one ) But yea, I wish I could race with you guys there but I'm just gonna try staying on road and staying as clean as possible! Can't wait for the event!
Since this track is quite inviting for cutting road markings and our goal to keep it fair for everyone has high priority, we'd like to indicate our rule §3.2.2 not to ignore pit entry and exit lines - I just created this high-quality () picture as a reminding illustration.
LOL! Nice pic :P
Is there a pit window on this race or we can pit whenever we like?
oh, good thing you asked that question! I read over the mandatory stop, that explains the high quality pic! I was wondering why anyone would want to take that line in a race anyway

Enlightened Loco.
Quote from [GR]Evolution :Is there a pit window on this race or we can pit whenever we like?

No restrictions except for first (heavy damage only) and last lap here.
With the pitstop do we need to refuel or change tyres mandatory ?

And i need to start last.. do i need to watch complete quali ?
or can i just go and you go to end screen and do the grid again in the good way ?
Yeh, for the pitstop can we just stop and go? During practice I didn't need to change tires or refuel or fix damage or anything :P. So I hope we can simply stop n go.
No, it's just a S&G for this race. To answer Rudy's question, four drivers are not allowed to qualify today - but you can use the practice session before and the 10min break after to warm-up yourself.
if the 'failed four' don't qualify, how will their starting order be? They can't all start last.
Yea cant you just let us drive quali, Then to end race screen kick our 4 out the list and the order how was the fastest you order the last 4 agian ??

oke bad english hope you get what i mean :P
Well, I had something different in mind, but I think we'll use your idea for this race temporary.
Personally, I don't like that idea, if there are 4 people banned from qualifying, then they shouldn't qualify.

Whats the point of having drivers qualifying, using up track space, when they arent going to get a place on the grid from it?.

Can you imagine if one of the drivers allowed to qualify, got taken out, hit, held up, by a banned qual driver?
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Hey, so as there's still 2 free slots I'll be racing today, right?

Sure, would be nice to see you today.
Quote from danowat :Personally, I don't like that idea, if there are 4 people banned from qualifying, then they shouldn't qualify.

Whats the point of having drivers qualifying, using up track space, when they arent going to get a place on the grid from it?.

Can you imagine if one of the drivers allowed to qualify, got taken out, hit, held up, by a banned qual driver?

I completely agree on your points, I was just looking for a fair way to determine the order of those four punished drivers - unfortunately there seems to be a gap for this in the rules as well. After discussing that issue with troy we came along with this temporary compromise:

- quali will be extended to 20min, keeping usual league rules
- first 5min for punished drivers only
- all other drivers can leave pits at the 15min mark, punished ones are allowed to complete their lap and have to spec immediately after crossing the finish line
- grid will be adjusted manually via race entry screen when everyone did his/her last fast lap
Sounds good to me
Hi,

I'm ill since thursday, so I can't race today.
Sorry that I post that late, I thought I would be ok until now .

Good race everyone,
Christoph

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG