The online racing simulator
Quote from wsinda :You will always need lfs.exe to generate a RAF file. An SPR contains just the driver inputs. You then need to re-do the physics calculations to get the RAF data, and that can only be done with LFS itself.

i asked because of the new kind of generating RAF's on LFSWorld. obvousily there runs somewhere a service or something like that, which is able to simulate the physics to generate the RAF WITHOUT RUNNING THE GAME! that's why i asked if it would be possible to provide such a code to use it in own projects.

Quote from wsinda :
If it is pitting strategy that you want to generate, then I have bad news for you: fuel, tyre wear, or damage are not included in the RAF file. (At the moment, at least. Scawen might be persuaded to add them.)

i think fuel and damage are in the SPR (not sure about tyre wear), so in combination with RAF you got a lot of informations.
Quote from haelje :i asked because of the new kind of generating RAF's on LFSWorld. obvousily there runs somewhere a service or something like that, which is able to simulate the physics to generate the RAF WITHOUT RUNNING THE GAME!

It DOES run the game. It runs the replay in LFS, which is installed on one of LFSW's own machines. The RAF is then saved, and made available to the analyser.
Quote :i think fuel and damage are in the SPR (not sure about tyre wear), so in combination with RAF you got a lot of informations.

The SPR contains the car setup and the driver inputs. When you run the replay, LFS re-calculates everything, including damage and fuel usage. (This is why the fast-forwarding SPRs in the new test patch works so slowly. The situation at time T is not stored in the SPR; the only way is to re-calculate everything, from the start of the replay up to time T.)
Quote from Juls :I suppose X axis is the position on the track, not the time.

Ah yes, that's true. Of course, otherwise the graphs would get out of sync quickly and they'd be useless :doh:
Quote from haelje :i asked because of the new kind of generating RAF's on LFSWorld. obvousily there runs somewhere a service or something like that, which is able to simulate the physics to generate the RAF WITHOUT RUNNING THE GAME! that's why i asked if it would be possible to provide such a code to use it in own projects.

I guess it's probably something like a special command line option for LFS.exe, to allow generating the RAFs with minimum overhead (just load track/car and run the physics, without graphics or user interface).
you are really sure, that for converting the lfs.exe is used ? i mean if there is the possibility to run the physics-calculation faster than it's done when rendering i s needed, why should it be done with a slow run (the new replay features work in the same way, there is only the physics calculated and that can be done faster)? at the end only victor can tell us, how it works technically and if this possibility could make it possible to separate the physics.calculation-step out of the lfs.exe.
(if something like this was written by him and i only didn't read it, then a BIG SORRY for my ideas )

Quote from AndroidXP :I guess it's probably something like a special command line option for LFS.exe, to allow generating the RAFs with minimum overhead (just load track/car and run the physics, without graphics or user interface).

if it is like this, then it is also usable by anybody
No, it would not make any sense to extract the physics part. It should be reasonably easy to make the LFS.exe (like I wrote above) only run on minimal mode with maximum physics acceleration to quickly generate the RAF file.

If it were an extra tool, that would mean Scawen would have to update the physics for that tool too every time LFS' physics are updated, which is unnecessary work that can be easily avoided by making the LFS.exe the tool itself.
Quote :if it is like this, then it is also usable by anybody

Who said that it wouldn't? That doesn't mean they'd have to tell us, though
yes, we use LFS to export RAF files. But scawen made a way to export them without starting LFS in full graphics mode (like a dedi-host), and we do not need any LFS scripting to export a RAF. Scawen will explain how to do that in a little bit - there's just one thing to look into for your usage.
So more details will follow shortly.

edit - and i think it only works for hotlaps. You cannot export a regular spr this way.
Quote from Victor :yes, we use LFS to export RAF files. But scawen made a way to export them without starting LFS in full graphics mode (like a dedi-host), and we do not need any LFS scripting to export a RAF. Scawen will explain how to do that in a little bit - there's just one thing to look into for your usage.
So more details will follow shortly.

GREAT and i had something like this in mind thanks for clearing this up

Quote from Victor :and i think it only works for hotlaps. You cannot export a regular spr this way.

is there a real technical difference between a SPR and a hotlap-replay ? i thought the only difference is that a hotlap is excactly 1 lap from the startline to the finish and a SPR can be any single-player action. so in such case the task would be to "extract" correct single laps to use it with the RAF-converting proccess, or ?
Yes, that is most likely the reason. In a hotlap you automatically know which lap to extract, whereas a normal SPR would need an additional parameter to specify the lap# to export.
Suggestion:

Victor, could you mark the splits in the graph or on the map?

Thanks.
#210 - Dmt
Hmm, tryed to refresh many times and re-open, still wont work
But it worked yesterday.
Attached images
wth.JPG
Victor, would it be possible to have two buttons inside a graph making it possible to use the mouse wheel either for zooming or scrolling? Or maybe like in the replay analyser where you can mark a specific area which then will be zoomed in while the mouse wheel remains for scrolling only?

Also, would auto scroll be possible so the timeline could be visible at all time?

Maybe the zoom of the top right view could be a bit bigger as well?

The information that comes along with each graph like speed, rpm and so on inside the grey bar is a bit too small and the contrast making it really hard to read. I tried several screen resolutions with my CRT monitor and my laptop. Im wondering if im the only one with this "problem".

In the overview above the g-meter there is the speed, gears and RPM. I think putting those together would be quite helpful for easier and quicker comparison. Maybe just like you've done it with the split times already?

Ok ok, im out of suggestions, for now! :nerd:

Edit: As for the tool itself and all the improvements i adhere to my previous statement.
Will there be standalone version to download? Or is it LFSW only?
Cosmetic flaw: In the Setup info, the damper values are shown in different units for front and rear (Ns/m vs. Ns/mm). For suspension stiffness there's a difference too.
impresive thanks once and again
Please, needs an option to compare 2 different cars in the same track, like XFR-UFR, RB4-XRT or FXO, FXR-XRR or FZR...
Broken raf file ?

Trying to compare this

Using Opera Version -9.50
Build-10063
Platform-Win32
System-Windows NT 6.0

OS is VistaX64
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Broken raf file ?

Trying to compare this

Using Opera Version -9.50
Build-10063
Platform-Win32
System-Windows NT 6.0

OS is VistaX64

That's not the only one, there is few others too
hmm odd. I re-exported the raf file and it seems ok now. Not sure what happened there.
Happened again..

This time two new "unable to load raf"'s from my laps. FE4 RB4 wr and KY2 RB4 wr. Didn't do anything "special", just uploaded laps to LFSW and seems can't load raf's.

XP SP3 + Firefox 3.0.1
hm i think it was due to your 'double' uploads. That should be fixed now - the converter will check if the hotlap record has updated during the raf export (ie. if a new hotlap has been uploaded). If there was, it'll start over again.
Quote from Victor :hm i think it was due to your 'double' uploads. That should be fixed now - the converter will check if the hotlap record has updated during the raf export (ie. if a new hotlap has been uploaded). If there was, it'll start over again.

Ok, cool, thx
Slightly OT, but is it possible to select gallons instead of litres when displaying fuel burnt in Online Racer Stats? I can't find it in LFSW settings...
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : fixed
How can i upload my hotlaps to LFSWORD?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG