The online racing simulator
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Aha .. I had suspicion it was somthing along those lines, just thought odd as only happens after machine has been rebooted and its first thing loaded into adress bar.

Anyways was just thinking ....is it/would it possible to output temps of the tyres for IHA ?

Would be quite infomative to see where tyres take most punishment/wear.

You can see tyre temps at the wheel view window.
Aha thanks for that, feel even more stupid then ever now
Please can some people try the 'stand alone' version : http://www.lfsworld.net/rafa/ and let me know if there's something wrong or if you have any suggestions.
When you load that url, the analyser will give you a track and car selection screen after which you can load the hotlaps. This is for a stand alone version of the analyser and also so I can create a shortcut to the analyser on the lfsw desktop, rather than only having it available after going to the hotlap charts and clicking two hotlaps.
Nice work Victor ! Working good
The standalone version is working fine here.
I have some suggestions for the graphs. When you zoom in, the cursor just goes out at the side of the screen. Could you make a switch that switches between three modes?
The three modes would be like in Adobe Premiere Pro(but maybe renamed ).

Auto-scrolling mode:

No scroll
Same as now.

Page Scroll
As the cursor goes out at the side of the screen it switches to the
next "page".

Smooth Scroll

It follows the cursor and centers it on the screen.

Also it would be good if we could move the horizontal side of the graphs to make them bigger or smaller relative to each other and it would be fantastic if we could make presets of the configuration (added graphs, settings, etc..) of the Hotlap Analyser. These presets would be saved on LFSWorld on our account and we could switch between them in the Analyser.

I hope my ideas are worth considering.

Thank you for your great work!
The standalone version is working fine here, except for two minor issues:
  • I have Firefox. When I have the analyser running and open a second browser tab, the window height decreases (because the tab toolbar is opened). The analyser does not respond to this change, and the bottommost 20 pixels become invisible. (This might be a quirk in FF.)
  • I'm missing a possibility to choose a different car/track combo. You can do that by refreshing the page, but it would be nice if the combo display (at the right of the analyser's toolbar) would be a button, leading back to the combo selection screen.
Some other suggestions:
  • Camber display (in a graph)
  • Possibility to move the cursor by clicking in the map
  • Possibility to reset the zoom of a graph (e.g. with a scrollwheel-click)
Quote from wsinda :
I have Firefox. When I have the analyser running and open a second browser tab, the window height decreases (because the tab toolbar is opened). The analyser does not respond to this change, and the bottommost 20 pixels become invisible. (This might be a quirk in FF.)

Same here, also FF 2.0....14

Quote from wsinda :
I'm missing a possibility to choose a different car/track combo. You can do that by refreshing the page, but it would be nice if the combo display (at the right of the analyser's toolbar) would be a button, leading back to the combo selection screen.

+1 for that, would be nice.

Anyways, very good job, i was waiting for standalone version of this. Thank you.

Quote from wsinda :Camber display (in a graph)

AFAIK camber isn't saved in .raf file, so it cannot be showed in analyser.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :The standalone version is working fine here.
I have some suggestions for the graphs. When you zoom in, the cursor just goes out at the side of the screen. Could you make a switch that switches between three modes?
The three modes would be like in Adobe Premiere Pro(but maybe renamed ).

Auto-scrolling mode:

No scroll
Same as now.

Page Scroll
As the cursor goes out at the side of the screen it switches to the
next "page".

Smooth Scroll

It follows the cursor and centers it on the screen.

there's a button called SF (scroll follow) on the menu bar, next to the playspeed selector. It's the equivalent of the Smooth Scroll you mention.
Quote from wsinda :
  • I have Firefox. When I have the analyser running and open a second browser tab, the window height decreases (because the tab toolbar is opened). The analyser does not respond to this change, and the bottommost 20 pixels become invisible. (This might be a quirk in FF.)

pretty sure that's a FF bug. In flash I simply capture the resize event to resize the window. Apparently it's not received then. OR flash reports the wrong window dimensions. Either way, there's little if nothing I can do about that. Will have a look though to see if i get any resize event or wrong dimensions in the first place.

Quote :Possibility to reset the zoom of a graph (e.g. with a scrollwheel-click)

unfortunately flash doesn't support mousewheel click events. I suppose i could put the functionality under a key though.
Quote from Victor :there's a button called SF (scroll follow) on the menu bar, next to the playspeed selector. It's the equivalent of the Smooth Scroll you mention.

Sorry I didn't notice that.
Quote from Kid222 :AFAIK camber isn't saved in .raf file, so it cannot be showed in analyser.

Not the "Camber adjust" setting from the setup, but the live camber ("lean rel. to road") certainly is in the RAF file.
added live camber graphs and it now remembers which graphs you had open when you reload the analyser.
Victor, is there any chance of replacing the stop symbol on the play pause button with the standard pause (the two vertical lines)? I feel like when I'm clicking it it will go back to the start so I have to continue watching
i guess so, but why? Is it bothering you in some way? Or just because it's not really stopping, but pausing?
Quote from Victor :i guess so, but why? Is it bothering you in some way? Or just because it's not really stopping, but pausing?

The latter. It's not really bothering me, I just couldn't help noticing it
there, then.
Vic, a little thought that clicked into my head, what about comparing hotlaps across cars, EG XRG with XFG? Is that possible to be done in an intuitive way?

EDIT: It is possibly by manipulating the URL's.
I've added a ? button to the analyser that links to a page on www.lfsmanual.net. I hope some people can add a few tips to the end of the page as well, to show newcomers a few tricks to get them started.
If you have some text, but don't know how to add it to the wiki, you can send your text to us (here on this thread or via our contact form on lfs.net) and I'll update it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Vic, a little thought that clicked into my head, what about comparing hotlaps across cars, EG XRG with XFG? Is that possible to be done in an intuitive way?

EDIT: It is possibly by manipulating the URL's.

hmmmmmz, maybe. Atm i'm actually implicitly making sure rafs are always from the same track/car. I think i did that because most car combinations don't make much sense to compare. Even your example would only be a little useful because they're two totally different cars in the sense that one is fwd and the other rwd. So I dunno if i want to open up car selections.
Perhaps open them up within classes - XFG & XRG, TBO, Mini-GTRs, GTRs, single seaters separately, and the FZ5 & RAC...

No point comparing XFG to BF1, but might be worth comparing XRR to FXR, for example.
Not a bad idea to group the possible comparisons with the current catagories. Quite useful it could be.
myeah could do that. But I'll keep that for a later update then because it'll need a bigger change in the UI. I wanna get this 'done' and post that news about it
Awesome!!!!!!!!!
OK, I've just cleaned the hotlap charts. All hotlaps that were marked as HLVC invalid or OOS by the background hotlap checker have now been removed (a little over 400).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG