The online racing simulator
6h of Kyoto National: Protests
State your protest here:

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap,
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time
• And a short description from your point of view.

Include a video with 10s before and 10s after the event for which you protest (link) OR include a .mpr of the incident using mprEdit – courtesy of MikeB.

Movies can be made by using fraps (demo at www.fraps.com). Afterwards load the movie in windows movie maker (to make the file size smaller), which is included in your windows installation, and save and upload it . Free sites to upload movies are: http://www.mediafire.com and http://www.rapidshare.com
Any chance for a replay of the start please?
i don't have to protest a race situation, but the fact, that a BUG of LFS is getting penalized.
i know exactly, that i set the right skin, with both logos on it.
but LFS has the bug, to change it when you leave the box or something.

in my opinion it is definately NOT right to penalize something like that!

would be nice to see a statement of an admin
To make sure you had the incorrect skin on and that it wasn't just a case of an old .dds file or something, I exited the server and deleted all TPS .dds files from my skins_x folder. Reconnected, and the server message was "downloading XRR_TPS2007_moe24h.dds."

We know of no bug that does what you're indicating, so we have to go with the assumption that you (accidentally or not) loaded the wrong skin.
Adding to DWB's explantion: each of your teammembers assigned for this race was sent a PM, asking for clarification. After 1hr20m there was no response, nor were we able to contact a driver on IRC or ICQ to ask for a clarification.
Lap 109
Sector 1
Chicane after the Oval, the left hand corner, so should be Turn 3

#1 Cyber Racing forced our Driver J. Kimmel (#10 Pedal to the Metal Racing Team) off the Track.

Lost 1 Place an 8 seconds, replay will follow.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :To make sure you had the incorrect skin on and that it wasn't just a case of an old .dds file or something, I exited the server and deleted all TPS .dds files from my skins_x folder. Reconnected, and the server message was "downloading XRR_TPS2007_moe24h.dds."

We know of no bug that does what you're indicating, so we have to go with the assumption that you (accidentally or not) loaded the wrong skin.

Wasnt that what you said to Bawbag before the race, despite the fact that LFSW had the correct skin and bawbag had the correct skin. Then later on, you said it was fine, which it was by the time i'd connected to double check myself.
Quote from PaulC2K :Wasnt that what you said to Bawbag before the race, despite the fact that LFSW had the correct skin and bawbag had the correct skin. Then later on, you said it was fine, which it was by the time i'd connected to double check myself.

In Bawbag's case I quit, deleted the .dds, came back and it was correct.

Quite different.

Reading comprehension issues?
in this forum the notification for private messages is too small...i didn't expect one and was driving, and the others didn't check it...
look e.g. at mercury's skin.
there you have to search ANY of your new logo's.
so what is better? a big one, even if it's the old one or such a small one, that you can't even see with a normal look on it?
of course you can check if it's the 24h skin, because it IS this one. but is was set because of a bug.

explanation how it took place:
the new 6h skin wasn't in my "skin-list" in the pits of LFS yet.
so i clicked "new skin" and chose the new one out of my skin-direction. I saw the right one and thought "ok, i SEE my skin, it is CHOSEN in my skin-list, so i'm DRIVING with this skin."
but then race started, and, i don't know how, LFS had returned to the 24h skin, that was one below the 6h race in my list.
I can't explain to you, why LFS did it, but it was NOT my fault.
and with one DT you loose around 30 seconds and more. that is very much in a close race like this

DT is passed and over, but i just do not agree with the punishment.

it's a great great pity, that it took place like this and this perhaps cost us one place in the season

for me this discussion is over, because i can't change it any more
Not really a protest but Team 11 My3id Gaming
should really know after half a year
what the colours of the GT1 cars are.

Was hard to see at around 2H:30min of the race if it is a GT1 or GT2 car (and should I give room etc. ) when #11 T.Scheler passed me with a plain white number and name.

At least he changed it in the next stint.
Quote from Sch3u3rm1lch :in this forum the notification for private messages is too small...i didn't expect one and was driving, and the others didn't check it...
look e.g. at mercury's skin.
there you have to search ANY of your new logo's.
so what is better? a big one, even if it's the old one or such a small one, that you can't even see with a normal look on it?
of course you can check if it's the 24h skin, because it IS this one. but is was set because of a bug.

explanation how it took place:
the new 6h skin wasn't in my "skin-list" in the pits of LFS yet.
so i clicked "new skin" and chose the new one out of my skin-direction. I saw the right one and thought "ok, i SEE my skin, it is CHOSEN in my skin-list, so i'm DRIVING with this skin."
but then race started, and, i don't know how, LFS had returned to the 24h skin, that was one below the 6h race in my list.
I can't explain to you, why LFS did it, but it was NOT my fault.
and with one DT you loose around 30 seconds and more. that is very much in a close race like this

DT is passed and over, but i just do not agree with the punishment.

it's a great great pity, that it took place like this and this perhaps cost us one place in the season

for me this discussion is over, because i can't change it any more

Did the old skin had the same name than the new?
Was the old or new skin downloaded and converted as DDS by you, before you added the hi-res .jpg skin to /skins?
@BBO@BSR We had informed them and gave them the conditions for which they had to rename. The obeyed these conditions.
@bashor: no, it had a different name, was uploaded right and nothing more. everything all right
erm, no, problems being polite?
The other day you intentionally took 3 posts completely out of context and accused me of saying things i hadnt said, now you want to take another post completely out of context??

All im saying, is that isnt it possible its the same things, as its happened once before, no need to be insulting. Seems its okay for the organisers to purposely insult people round here and get away scott free.

Just another case of the 'Us vs Them' mentality i guess. One rule for some, another for others.

BBO@BSR
Apparently its no longer even required to even have the car number in your name, or your real name, someone drove round for a while with their LFS Name.
Yesterday someone missed the deadline for the race entry, which was extended by 1hr due to organising mistakes, and that didnt matter either, and it seems posts highlighting this were deleted
But logos on the other hand....
Quote from Clownpaint :It's his first MoE race, so no need to be patronising...

I don't care if it is his first race.
Where do you have a Team Manager for.

AFAIK it's a rule you know but I did not even protested against it.

I just said/wrote that it was difficult (hard to see) what car it is
and that makes it not easier for the GT2 cars (which always have a hard time when beeing passed) to give room right in time for GT1 cars etc.
Quote from Memph1s :Lap 109
Sector 1

#1 Cyber Racing forced our Driver J. Kimmel (#10 Pedal to the Metal Racing Team) off the Track.

From our driver version it wasnt just his fault but we would like to see the replay.
Yes, a replay for that incident would be good.

Still forthcoming?
Drive through penalty for Mercury racing GT1 - Attempting to roll the car at the start in T1. :elefant:
Quote from Memph1s :Lap 109
Sector 1

Time expired for submitting replay. Protest denied.

6h of Kyoto National: Protests
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG