The online racing simulator
Round 2: Post-Race Discussion
Hello drivers!

First of all, I'd like to congratulate everyone for a great race yesterday. And special congratulations to the podium finishers for running very consistent races. I think that, on the whole, the entire field showed a great improvement both in pace and in consistency in this race. The driving was largely considerate and respectful, and there were very few silly accidents. Well done.

From what I and the other marshals were able to see, the blue flag situations were handled much more smoothly than last time. Nearly every pass I saw on a lapped car was trouble-free, and I want to thank both the lappers and the lapped cars for doing their part to make this happen. Appreciation and awareness of the rules seemed to be much higher in general, and it really reflected in the on-track action.

This is not to say that the race was trouble-free, of course.

On the admin side, we had tracker issues that we should certainly have figured out by Round 3. The switch to Starblue's self-hosted version was a last-minute thing due to the sudden absence of the server admin for the server we were to be using. The tracker never appeared to go down for Starblue, so every time it did for everyone else, I had to alert him so he could restart the webserver. Not an ideal situation, but we made do. We had further issues with a few situations not really covered by the existing rules. #14 My3id's lag issue took us some time to come to a decision on, and that may have cost some teams time and in one case prevented a driver change from occurring. This was something that should not have happened, and in the future we will do everything possible to resolve it more quickly.

On the on-track side there were a few glitches. The start procedure obviously still needs to be worked on, as discussed by Benji in another thread. There is sometimes a vast difference between the speeds of drivers mid-pack, which can lead to accordion-effect crashes. Having re-watched the replay of the start, this is in no way the fault of the leaders, who did their part to accelerate gradually toward the green. The cause was mainly lag and partly some drivers with a lead foot. The lag can't reliably be fixed, so we need to work on maintaining a proper speed and leaving more of a gap. It's an over-used phrase, but the race can't be won in the first turn.

We also saw quite a few instances of cutting the pit exit. KY2 has an unusually long exit blend line, but that's no excuse when you've been given plenty of time to become accustomed to it. We will continue to monitor blend line infractions, and you will continue to be penalized for cutting it.

Chatting was another issue. Though it was somewhat done to death in the other thread, here is the official admin team response to the issue: the chat messages that went unpunished in last night's event were all directed to the admins in regard to a vital issue--they were not accidents, angry explosions, argumentative attacks, and were not, generally speaking, "chatty"... they were necessary communications and were treated as such. This sort of chatting can be excused, though we DO ask that if there is any other way of communicating, you attempt that way first. We understand that sometimes there is not, and this is why we allow some messages. Ultimately, the marshals will make the call as to whether a chat message is deserving of a penalty, so it's in your best interest to avoid chatting if at all possible. Finally, the IGTC Admins are giving an official recommendation to clear your binds before participating in league events as this will remove a large part of the possibility of an accidental penalty.

Again, in all this was a very good race and a massive improvement over Round 1. We're looking forward eagerly to Round 3 at Fern Bay Gold. Last year, Gold was perhaps the most difficult race on the calendar, both for the admins and the drivers. We ask that everyone practice as much as possible before the event, and to focus on stability over the high curbs, etc. There are many, many places to have a serious accident at Fern Bay, so we are not expecting a SC-free race. That doesn't mean we can't hope for one, though.

Thanks!
IGTC Admin Team
Attached images
r2_podium.jpg
'twas great. nuff said.
Anlucky race for RRT but anyway l do what l can to done this firest race because we pratice only 3 days for this...

GZ for CoRe and only you guys l dont puss in the race
We had bad luck, We hadn't even been racing a whole lap, and Sam had attributed critical damage and lost 1 lap, and then had a bad incident with a lapper, where then during that pitstop, I took over.

Then early in my first stint, I had a self-inflicted incident with those bumpy things, while watching to avoid Leprekan, which I had to pit for, and then on my lap coming out of the pits, suffered the same fate at the same point, although to a lesser extent which actually helped my turn in a lot for many corners, which made me wonder "I should have done this in the setup, rather than with damage".

Sam started his 3rd stint, to not much events throughout, so little, I went and made coffee, and he ran until fuel was low.

Then I came out, and drove consistent times, no mistakes, except for the final lap (after the 4h mark) where I made a little contact with a blue-flagged car, becuase I was unsure if he was battling me for position (tracker was down so we couldn't check), which made me feel embarassed, but I slowed for him, which seemed to cause quite a confusion with other drivers, because I was slow, they slowed up behind me, and caused a nice little queue of cars at about 130 km/h, and then after letting him past, I just cruised to the finish.

Was fun, lots of bad luck though, but persistance helped, and brought us from about 22nd when I started my stint, up to 19th (?).
Added the screen shot of the podium finishers to the OP, replay to come.

I'd like to say this is a HUGE improvement over just about any race in the history of IGTC, i think it's the first race without an SC. I don't know what happened at the start since i was driving the SC but it seemed to me as though it was all sorted relatively quickly. so no real need for an SC, although i do realise a lot of teams were a lap down pretty quick because of it.
good race, and i am over the moon at getting 5th place here
Very good racing. Not a single safety car needed.

Congratulations to CoRe Racing on their race victory tonight.

TDRT is very happy finishing 2nd and 7th. Due to my teammates connection problems I had to do a double stint at race start which my legs didn´t like at all. Time for some knee surgery, I guess...

Had a single puncture, which cost us a lot of time. My fault, no excuse.

Still,delighted by the 2nd place of our car No. 4. Heikki and Torben did a very good job tonight and so did my carmate Dimi "nursing" our car over the start/finish line on rubberless tyres after 4 hours of intens racing.

Looking forward for next round at Fern Bay Gold.

Thanks to the race league admins for the race tonight.
S3Racing had an eventfull but disappointing race. Our qualifying was marred by an errant chat while attempting a fuel change.

The first lap yielded bent left side suspension damage.
Lap 2 was spent serving the qualifying drive-thru.
The rest of the first hour was spent climbing from 26th to 11th, being spun twice and run off the road an additional time.

The second hour saw a car "appear" in the same spot as our car in the middle of the left-hand horseshoe due to lag (a sign of things to come). The rest of hour 2 was spent climbing up into the top ten.

On our first driver change, I learned just how close my F1 key is to the escape key as i hit both concurrently.

Hour three was started with a drive-thru, and a struggle from there. Our first lap damage was considered minor and thus was not repaired. Unfortunately, the car didn't work for our second driver as it did for me, and he struggled about 1.5 seconds off his prior pace.

Hour four saw our best drive of the race, as our third driver put in a fantastic effort as the lag condition of the server went from bad, to absurd. How he kept the car on the road is, and will remain, a mystery to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was glad to see the race run green, that was a nice change. Just a shame that we had a car and driver lineup that was capable of contending for a top spot being hampered by mistakes from us and others. We got in a bad spot from the begining on our own accord, and things degraded from there.

Anyway, the admins did the job, but need to seriously analyze the way certain things were handled, the lag was attrocious.

Onwards to Fern Bay, my favorite track of the season, and LFS.
Quote from BreadC :good race, and i am over the moon at getting 5th place here

Yep, that was not really a good day for us.

First our TS server went down in the afternoon.
Then one our of drivers had PC troubles, reinstalled Windows and then ran out of unlocks, so we had to change our strategy at the very last minute.
Another driver had microphone problems during the race.
And finally the engine of our car #28 got damages so the last part of the race was a nightmare.

There are days like that where everything is going wrong...

But enough crying and congratulations to anyone who took part in this race
Special mention to CoRe, TDRT and Spdo who gave us some good competition

That was a good race overall, see you all in next round
Very happy with our finishing position in the top ten and also to be only two laps down as myself and Kringle have little GTR experience. We also muffed the first driver change by forgetting to change tyres so we had to pit two laps in succession. I was also getting lousy FPS on busy parts of the track (<15 sometimes) which didn't help.

Our pace was pretty good though and Kringle even managed a few pbs at the end of the 3rd hour to keep us right in the action.

Two hours of IGTC and an hour of OWRL - tough evening, but most enjoyable.
I was having connection problems at a very bad moment! I never experienced connection issues before for a league race...and on IGTC race day it happens . As a result Rudi had to drive the qual and first two hours of the race after I got disconnected during the grid make-up and during our 1st pitstop when I was attempting to take over the car.

So...after 2 hours I finally replaced Rudi, my 1st stint went very well, it was a bit lonely for most of the 1st hour as there weren't many cars directly around me, but that allowed me to do a couple of good laps. Unfortunately I was unable to drive 1 hour on the R3 tyres, we were kinda hoping for a safety car with our strategy, but that never happened. So I had to pit early and changed to R4 tyres and a filled up my fuel to 100%... a "bit" too much fuel as I finished the race with 25% fuel left ;-).

My last stint was interesting.... I was in 8th position, but the car in 6th position, Adaptive Racing I think, was lapping 1,5-2,0 sec per lap slower so was catching up with him.

As the R4 tyres made my car very understeery I changed the roll-bars quite dramatically to compensate, but the last 10 minutes of the race were hell. The tyres got very very cold, almost black, and they didn't have much rubber left on them either. My laptimes dropped from 37's to 38's and 39's.... I tried some more roll-bar compensation, but the car was very difficult to turn around the corners. I was in 7th position at the time and had a gap to Concept Racing in 8th but they were closing in fast.

Rudi was keeping me informed on the radio every lap how much of a gap I still had and I was nursing the car home, just before the finish I let the race leader by so 1 lap less to drive ... in my 2nd last lap I was doing a 1:44... but going over start/finish for the final lap Concept Racing was only 3 seconds behind me so I had to push as hard as I could for the last lap. I was very happy when I cleared the final corner and was still in front of Concept Racing... it put a smile on my face when I crossed the finishline in 7th position with a 1:39 lap, this race shouldn't have lasted a lap longer for us as we would have dropped to 9th for sure.

Congratulations to Torben and Heikki in the 04 car for their 2nd place! And also to the other podium finishers ;-).

Looking forward to the next race!
[Copied from other thread and deleted from there. I didn't realise there would be a discussion]

SR had a mixed race. We had mad spin near the start which totally burned out our clutch. We're not exactly sure how, just one of those one in a million things. We ended up having to sit by the track side while we waited for it to cool down, which took a great many minutes (I hope we didn't get in anyone's way!).

After this our performance was really good, and we made back a lot of laps on the cars around us. Sadly at the end we had engine damage, again not sure how or where, and Jason was lapping a second down on his normal pace, but skilfully still making several seconds a lap on our rivals. We managed to eek back 23rd place, which may not sound much, but seeing as at one point we were (give or take) 6 laps down on the next closest team, I think we recovered as well as was possible.

All in a frustrating race, but we're very optimistic for the future, as without our weird and terrible luck, we hope we would have been in the top ten. Personally it was my first IGTC race and my first in the ZFR, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for putting together such a great event!
It was so interesting to watch at lfsworld.net/remote. You were all racing very good And a congratulations to the team I was member of; Alias Racing Team, for a not so bad position
Added post-race analysis to OP.
Did c4Racing pass the probation and can we continue in IGTC ?
Yes. I'll discuss it with you in PM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG