The online racing simulator
6h of Kyoto National: Qualifying
Q1 Results

Q1 replay is here.
Q1 stats are here.

Q2 Results

Q2 replay is here.
Q2 stats are here.
Quote :Tomorrow night the first qualifying takes place for the 6h of Kyoto at the National track.

ahm, isn't that an hour later than usual? (or gets UTC also +1 tonight?)
UTC doesnt change for DST, but as they dont use UTC as the start-time i guess the UTC time is effectively changed due to timezones moving forward 1 hour, so it effectively goes back 1 in comparison.
Quote from PaulC2K :UTC doesnt change for DST, but as they dont use UTC as the start-time i guess the UTC time is effectively changed due to timezones moving forward 1 hour, so it effectively goes back 1 in comparison.

I read that about 10 times and still don't get your sentence

In a simple me sentence, the UTC time never changes, so if you were UTC+1 it's now going to be UTC+2.

But yea, as for the qualifying, that's a surprise, never even knew it was this close!
Quote from three_jump :I read that about 10 times and still don't get your sentence

that just means your a n00b

UTC doesnt change for any daylight saving nonsense, it doesnt lose an hours sleep like the rest of us so while UTC was the same as GMT, after DST its now 1hr behind, purely because our local time has moved forward.
Basically, in terms of most peoples local time, MoE starts at the same time as always, however the UTC time is affected because it stayed still while most local timezones advanced.

Ive always thought DST was stupid, its completely impractical, causes confusion, and is used by roughly half the world, the rest arent stupid enough to buy into it, if everyone is being an idiot then at least were all idiots who are in sync, but now its all over the place. And exactly what is the benefit? A little more light of an evening ( cos you dont get tons of that in the summer anyway, right?) and its a little darker in the morning, whoopiedoo.
If there ever was a good enough reason why DST should be scrapped, the fact that it confused poor 3J should be reason enough!
So we are starting an hour later than usual, or did hoellsen not think of the timechange?
Quote from PaulC2K :that just means your a n00b

UTC doesnt change for any daylight saving nonsense, it doesnt lose an hours sleep like the rest of us so while UTC was the same as GMT, after DST its now 1hr behind, purely because our local time has moved forward.
Basically, in terms of most peoples local time, MoE starts at the same time as always, however the UTC time is affected because it stayed still while most local timezones advanced.

Ive always thought DST was stupid, its completely impractical, causes confusion, and is used by roughly half the world, the rest arent stupid enough to buy into it, if everyone is being an idiot then at least were all idiots who are in sync, but now its all over the place. And exactly what is the benefit? A little more light of an evening ( cos you dont get tons of that in the summer anyway, right?) and its a little darker in the morning, whoopiedoo.
If there ever was a good enough reason why DST should be scrapped, the fact that it confused poor 3J should be reason enough!

Its the exact same time its always been, the confusion is purely because we've gone forward 1hr and UTC hasnt, so it looks like its earlier (technically it is ) however to our clocks, the qual and start times are the same as every other round.

If your clocks went forwards last night, then the qual and race start times are the same as normal, if it was 8pm last month its 8pm this month.
If your clocks didnt go forward, then its 1hr earlier.

There may be 3 or 4 people in locations which dont follow DST, this image gives an idea as to who follows DST and who doesnt:
aylightSaving-World-Subdivisions.png" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I ... ng-World-Subdivisions.png
Maybe I'm really stupid today or I really don't see it.

1. UTC is not changed
2. My Clocked moved 1 hour ahead and I'm now 2 hours ahead of UTC (was +1 in winter).

So when we use the same UTC start time as in winter, most of all drivers will start qualify 1 hour later than we used to, correct? (which was my original statement)

If yes, why? (Meaning why can't we start 19 UTC in summer?)

Sorry when I'm still missing the point.
What the folk!

If it was 20:00UTC last month, this means that the quali started at 8pm for me, but now because of the clock changes if it starts at 20:00UTC again that is 9pm for us.

Paulie, the UTC time hasn't changed yet all of our clocks have went forward, which means that tonight the start time can't possibly be the same as last month if the UTC time stays the same...
Hoellsen should edit the start time to 19:00 UTC. He just forgot about DST.
I'll step in here as admin and say Qual will be happening at 19:00 UTC to maintain continuity with previous rounds' schedules.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quote from Bawbag :
Paulie, the UTC time hasn't changed yet all of our clocks have went forward, which means that tonight the start time can't possibly be the same as last month if the UTC time stays the same...

Me votes to get rid of summer time everywhere just for Paul and 3j
Quote from BBO@BSR :Me votes to get rid of summer time everywhere just for Paul and 3j

why? I was right from the beginning on

otherwise I'm glad that I can still disagree with Paul
The series times dont run by UTC, its always been CET, the ONLY reason UTC is being given is because its the sensible half of the world, it doesnt arse about with changing clocks forwards and backwards.

Quote :* Qualifying
In the week before a race on Sunday and Friday nights at 21:00 CET (summertime when applicable) qualifying sessions of one hour will be held. Teams can run an unlimited amount of laps during these sessions, but may only have one car on the track at all times. The fastest lap of the team counts for the starting positions."

THAT is the start time, THAT is when the race will start. Stuff UTC, its irrelevent, because the rules run according to CET, nothing else matters.
Then if you want to convert that to UTC, such as the thread title uses, then UTC is 2hrs behind, making it 19UTC, but the key thing to remember is that the start time isnt a fixed UTC time, its a fixed CET time, and during 'Summer Time' it changes the offset with UTC.

But, as ive said, and made pretty clear by making it BOLD... :P
If your clocks went forward, meaning its following 'Summer Time', then the start time last month is the same as this month, MoE enters summertime, you enter summertime.
My bad with the UTC, I got the consequences of DST mixed up.
Can i have the pass for the server in pm cause we seem to have lost it and our team Boss is away at the moment?
Updated OP with Q1 Results.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Updated OP with Q1 Results.

#35 driver
N. Marques in your results list
P.Marques in the replay (and 2nd pic. in post1).
Typo?
Typo, yes. Fixed now.
"Daylight saving time - bugging online racers since internet was invented"

jaja.... at least i was not the only one that get confused about the time... I entered the qualy 30 min late (i was expecting to enter 30 min early :tilt
So... can you please update the race time in UTC?
Well not really, I think it was Arrow who was caught out with the wrong time being posted up, because the wualifying for him was so early in the morning, while we were discussing he would be sleeping.

Atleast there's another qualifying session.
Updated with Q2 results, stats, replay.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG