The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :Obviously not when the driver wasn't able to stay because of connection problems.

Sadly, sooo open to abuse

Ooooh no - the plug came out the modem. What a pity
Yup, I think forcing people to stay on the server is far too much. I can't think of a way of doing this, really.

Zeug's lottery idea is funny, but if people can't bother staying on the server for 5 minutes to see the next race, will they wait 50 minutes to get the chance to race another time?

Did anyone notice my signature?
Well I am glad the idea ball is rolling, hopefully more will keep coming in. Zeug - your idea with the point deductions is similar, but opposite, of the idea I had to give everyone who stays till the name call an extra Xpoints. Very easy points to make, but at the same time I would have an all for all race where if you didn't join the first one, you don't get the points... - to eliminate those who leave their computer on... I feel reward in this case would be much better than punishment...

However let's keep brainstorming and also I am trying to get to the bottom of the reason people leave. It's possible to be boredom, but it makes me wonder how... Maybe they have never stayed to the finals and watched the racing continue.
This is a very long shot idea, but what about having betting during the remaining races like DashForCash? The person that makes the most money gets a championship point or something. Or even if you don't give points, I think it would give the racers something to do.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :This is a very long shot idea, but what about having betting during the remaining races like DashForCash? The person that makes the most money gets a championship point or something. Or even if you don't give points, I think it would give the racers something to do.

This is the best suggestion yet, IMO.

Maybe let the betting winner decide on what combo the next event will be held. He wouldn't choose from every available combo. That might bring up some exotic ones, I guess. Maybe give him 3 options and he can choose what he likes.
I don't feel much like adding a full system like that, and then tracking the winning better. Its a decent idea in theory, especially adding the ability for them to choose the next combo (of select choices), however the final event will always be the home event. In my opinion that combo made head-to-head possible and always has the best racing. A pity so few showed up this time around....
#32 - Kaw
Ok demand all you want, but a year or 2?
#34 - Kaw
Hehe, it will come when we get it... In the mean while any suggestions about the upcoming Winter Series, the Lucky Dog issues or any ideas to keep more people interested in spectating the event after the are eliminated...
#36 - AMB
Make it so we are all on teamspeak and we have to play a song from the winner of each race, winner picks of course lol, i'll be playing my CRW RAWRR...

Serious though, we should make it so the races are commentated?
All races are commentated live, but that is really only for the broadcasts. We have talked about doing live broadcasts, but have come to the conclusion that it would not be worth the efforts for 1 or 2 fans to actually watch. We will continue to release the broadcasts as long as we feel it is worth it to do so.
#38 - Kaw
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I kill you!

I had a LOT of issues with LFS TV director, making my life very difficult. But you will see round 1 in the next week or 2.

We demand !
Oh yes, we do.
Quote from zeugnimod :Oh yes, we do.

It's been finished for about 3 weeks. I'm just waiting for other people to give me resources so I can export it.
=_= I'm watching you.
Any chance of a continium of the h2h serires?
It will certainly be continuing, the next series will start in 09: Head-to-Head: Winter Series. Combos are not picked yet (except for the finale of course, dates are not picked although there is discussion of doing an event each week rather than every other week. This will keep the series moving and people interested, I think...

Keep your eyes open for test events within the following month or so if we do have any.
Quote from Stefani24 :Any chance of a continium of the h2h serires?

Any chance of a release of the video of the first round?
Yea as soon as I get the time to convert and upload it... Working two full time jobs at this moment, so I don't have time... Really a day that starts at 8:30am and goes until 2am to 3am is quite long... It will be made available when we get the chance.
Quote from blackbird04217 :It will certainly be continuing, the next series will start in 09: Head-to-Head: Winter Series. Combos are not picked yet (except for the finale of course, dates are not picked although there is discussion of doing an event each week rather than every other week. This will keep the series moving and people interested, I think...

Keep your eyes open for test events within the following month or so if we do have any.

Wow, Thats great news!
Just watched a bit of the Google video and I´m now downloading the HQ version. Looking good.
Good that we at least got the video
Last chance to voice your opinions about the series. Would like to take the opportunity to say the Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 will be coming sometime around January 2009. Lots to do before then but it will be great.

There may be a test event in the following month or so, probably sometime before Christmas.
Nice.

Especially since I will actually be able to play LFS again at that time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG