The online racing simulator
Season 2 - News
Check out the News!!
are u Ready ?
Hello Guys are u Ready for Raceaktion ?

Tonight start the second Int. eTM with best Drivers all over Europe.

Dont miss @ Stream tonight.

Live Stream
Going to watch it.
nothing on yet, is this race being shown live
I guess its not. They started. Nice to know these things in advance. I see the site does not get updated as much either.
Rubbish even the server is not on the relay. Amateurism people!
Shame about this league. It really has gone downhill lately. The race was awesome though.
#10 - Dru
Whats happening is lack of interest i guess. It seems having to pay is no obstacle to not show up. Think the interest is too low for that many eTM leagues atm. There has been no broadcast eitger, no news facts.
Quote from Dru :http://www.esport-racing.com/l ... =view_race&race_id=89

1 person raced in the international race tongiht and did not finish?

Is this a mistake/typo.... what the heck is happening with the eTM?

Dunno what's happening, but with a bit of investigation one can see that 5 cars finished the race actually. LFSWorld

I regret I can't follow live streams any longer since 1mbit stream is too much for my current poor connection
#13 - Dru
Quote from TV[cz] :Dunno what's happening, but with a bit of investigation one can see that 5 cars finished the race actually. LFSWorld

I regret I can't follow live streams any longer since 1mbit stream is too much for my current poor connection

nope - that was the race from 15th of May.

I'm talking about the race of 29th (last night)
Oh I see, my mistake, sorry. Doesn't look very optimistic then
It's a ton of work to get the broadcasts going. Joe had moved house and found that it was a lot to handle.

I know for the UK division we lag behind on the race reports, but that shouldn't effect the international division.
Well lack of drivers seems biggest problem to be honest.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Well lack of drivers seems biggest problem to be honest.

Well, the lack (or better loss) of drivers is a problem in every league. It is a pity that it affected the eTM so hard.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Well, the lack (or better loss) of drivers is a problem in every league. It is a pity that it affected the eTM so hard.

Yep it is guess the money is not an issue for people.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Well, the lack (or better loss) of drivers is a problem in every league.

Doesn't seem to be a problem in IGTC. Huge interest in every round so far. It's really something to look forward to every month.

The UK series of ETM offers nothing at all that other leagues don't already offer, and then it charges you for the privilege.

There is no motivation to continue driving in it. It had good potential, but charging for something that offers nothing you cant get elsewhere was a bad idea imo.
What other league offers you the possibilty to advance into highest level, a possibility to have a national league with same rules and conditions as others within the system with ready infrastructure. Admins and drivers have everything on their plate to just join and race, and be a part of a bigger thing and have easier exposure, instead of trying to do the same thing on their own and which would've been separated from other leagues of similar type. Anybody who have tried and did any sort of league, knows how much effort it takes to code the system, make a website, forum, find the sponsors, do the streams (how many do? only 1 or 2 really) etc, deal with drivers and support it continuously for months and months and years. It's a very stressful and often thankless job. Many people did it with various successes, and each one had to do it from scratch. It always bugged me why does it have to be that way, so much effort on many sides is repeated and almost never collaborated to make something bigger and better. esport-racing provided an excellent starting point and platform for many leagues and we took that great opportunity to be in it with Balkan league. People who recognize the effort it takes to make it all possible, and see the concept of it, have no problem handing out the really small fee.

Unfortunately, in last few months Vykos wasn't able to keep up with this demanding work as he has even more demanding things to do besides this. esport-racing is too much dependant on him alone, others can do some things, but not a lot, to keep it going. These current problems however don't change what I said in previous paragraph, and I'm still amazed why do people choose to see only the bad things, and choose to forget what is good and unique here. People (UK in particular) didn't start moaning now, it was the case ever since eTM was first announced.

Clearly this common "there's nothing different here that other leagues don't have" is not true, and I'm only pointing that out. I'm not trying to change people's minds, there are other problems and reasons why would drivers loose the motivation to continue, some of them perfectly natural, or personal. Future doesn't look very good, but I hope as many others do that problems will be solved and that this will continue on.
Quote from Misko :Clearly this common "there's nothing different here that other leagues don't have" is not true.

I'm sorry, but to anyone that has entered the UK series this season the impression they get is "there's nothing different here that other leagues don't have".

Low turnout, No streams or even a highlights package of the races, we didn't even have a server for one round, UKCT had to provide one iirc.

Don't be amazed that people are only seeing the bad things, There's been nothing good to see.

There's no problem with the fee when people see that's it's actually being used for something. At the moment it looks like a case of grabbing the money and running. I'm amazed you cant see that.
I agree Misko that the admin controls help manage the league, but when looking from a drivers perspective there is nothing different. The race format is the same, the point are calculated the same, and the after-race support is the same. There won't be many drivers going 'up' and most of the people running the national league are not doing it because they think they have a chance.

IF the broadcasts were doing something and there was some promotion then this would be great, but there is neither.

Race by race is nothing different than any other league, sure 1 driver can be sent to the international division, but that doesn't mean much when there is only something like 5-8 drivers running and no broadcasting.

For the admin side I have enjoyed using the system and it has made my life easier, but a driver isn't going to care about that, only the admins which in theory is going to be 4 admins for 80 drivers.

UKCT will not be running season2. We have our own projects to manage and develop. Joe knew this when we started that we could not commit much to his project and we were only there to manage only the UK division.

Misko I am happy to let you take control of the UK division, Sam and I see things very differently than yourself which is very similar to how the rest of the UK feels, and have plenty of other things to do with the CTRA than to try to stoke up interest in a league that really isn't ours, after promises were made to both Sam and I, that have not materialized.

I understand where you are coming from Misko and I do want this to succeed, but neither Sam or I have the time resources to help at this time. Not when Sam is busy doing CTRA things, while I am busy with a full time job, online classwork to do, CTRA things to do, and a pregnant wife to keep happy. This project currently has given us little incentive to give our 3 hours a week to when those three hours could be spent bettering and managing our own system. We did try to tell Joe this when we started, that we cannot do much more than we are currently, but I think there was some miscommunication.

The other thing is most leagues I have seen have had rocky starts, but until Joe can distribute some of his workload to other motivated members of the community, it's not going to go very far. Becky ran into this same type of problem with the STCC, she wanted to control/develop everything and she burned herself out, twice. I don't know what is exactly happening with Joe but something needs to change. It's not one division in particular, all divisions have small grids, the last international race didn't even happen and the balkens division had 3 runners.

This shows that there was some miscommunication of exactly what the system means and brings people, everyone I have talked to has said that they wanted to race and wanted to watch the races on the live streams, which were on their way to being TV worthy IMO. But since those have stopped the rest of the grids have fallen apart. You can say that all these other things are different all day, but the proof is that once the broadcasts ended the league disintegrated and that can be seen by looking at the grid sizes. If people did care about all those other things your talking about, then where did all the drivers go, all on a big holiday?
It seems we signed up and paid for various things which have never happened...streaming, stable server to race on etc etc.

We haven't had a eTM server for the past 2 races (maybe even 3).

After the utter crap situation for the last round, hopping between other peoples servers in an attempt to find somewhere to race, I very nearly instructed my credit card company to perform a chargeback. As I see it I have paid for a service which is being failed to be provided.

If it was free, then I would put it down to 'one of those things'...the goalposts move when money is involved.
#24 - Dru
Quote from Bean0 :

If it was free, then I would put it down to 'one of those things'...the goalposts move when money is involved.

I think trading standards could easily get a telephone call
The only realy prize I saw from the differn't leagues was the chance to move to the international devision where you race the top drivers and have a chance to win some real prizes.

But now the international side has fell apart as everything else has, so now even if you guys keep going and racing for the UK and the other sub leagues, what's the point in advancing into a section with no drivers?

If I had paid to enter say the UK side i'd be expecting a full refund, not because the money is important but the fact that people put trust in the eTM with their money and expect something in return, when they got a bunch of half assed BS.

Btw, this isn't a hit out at UKCT in the way they did their part for the UK devision.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG