The online racing simulator
One thing you might do is mention it to people like Gentlefoot and others with already fairly large circles of influence. Develop a network of word of mouth if you don't want to do a big advertising campaign.

Promo videos help too.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Well if you know anyone that would be interested send them a link =) Nobody is stopping anyone from trying to promote the league.

Other than posting in the general section there isnt much else that can be done. People just are not interesting in this fantastic opportunity.

Why don't you race? :P

If it's an issue of potential bias or whatever, I personally don't care if it means we have an extra driver.

That goes for Sam, too .
Quote from joshdifabio :Why don't you race? :P

If it's an issue of potential bias or whatever, I personally don't care if it means we have an extra driver.

That goes for Sam, too .

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :
We will think of something to keep it interesting

I have not talked to Sam or Joe yet, but that was an option that went into my head =)

Over the weekend I will have a chat with Joe to look at more options to fill the grid a little.

DWB: I agree 100% but the level of commitment for UKCT was never meant to be that great. The CTRA takes a good majority of our free time and then some.
I don't think I mentioned UKCT at all...

All I mean is, if you know someone like GF (just for example) who basically has a pulpit to address a large number of drivers (a large percentage of whom are British) it might be a good idea to strike a deal for cross-promotion. Whether it's a full-on partnership or him just agreeing to suggest to his drivers that they check the series out, every little bit helps.
Whats going on tomorrow, race still as scheduled?.
I'm gonna sign up for this now. Was just waiting for some money.
I would like to signup but how come i cannot view the forum why is this? I have registered
Quote from Rdcranno :Whats going on tomorrow, race still as scheduled?.

Joe and I will be discussing what will be happening later tonight. The series will happen, just have to iron out details of any changes and/or rule waivers to get the series off the ground.

Quote from J Myster :I would like to signup but how come i cannot view the forum why is this? I have registered

I do not know, I will ask Joe to have a look at, did you get a registration email?
as far as i can tell nope not recieved an email oh btw am registered under the username JMyster
i've signed up and payed, i got the e-mails too, the eTm e-mail went to my junk, but as of yet i dont have clearance to the UK forums
Quote from BenjiMC :i've signed up and payed, i got the e-mails too, the eTm e-mail went to my junk, but as of yet i dont have clearance to the UK forums

Sorry guys, I don't have admin access on the forum to that level from what I have seen =/

If it's still a problem tomorrow I should be able to work something out for the race so you you can still run, so don't worry =)
Right here is the situation...

With limited numbers, and with 1/2 the grid being filled within the last couple hours we would like to delay the the start of the season by another week. This will mean a more condensed season, but hopefully more drivers will sign up before they lose the opportunity to race all the events.

We don't want to do this though if the drivers already signed up don't want to wait, so nows your chance to let us know what you guys would prefer =)
It's fine with me, I'll miss the first round either way.
I would prefer to postpone the first race for one more week if possible? I could manage tomorrow but haven't practised at all as yet.

@ Benji...damn I thought I'd edited my stupidity before anyone noticed
lol@AlienT

I dont mind it being pushed back 1 week. Gives me more time to practice and i'd prefer a larger grid.
#41 - SamH
UKCT will be happy to host a server for participants to practice in, if you guys want (and if you don't already have a place to go).

I would personally prefer to postpone for a week, since there seems to be a bit of momentum now. I would hate to lose signers-up because they haven't got a shot at a full season-worth of points. Rather get a grid, if possible.. it's better for everybody.
#42 - Dru
So what actually is the cut off for numbers?

are you just going to race with the 5 or 6 drivers that have signed up or will you have a 'only goes ahead' with more than 15 signups - and if you don't get the numbers to run it - people get a refund that may help you sway the un-decided to partake..
#43 - SamH
This is the discussion at the moment, Dru. We're considering pushing back the start another week, to allow later entrants. We're fielding the feelings, primarily, of those who have already signed up and inviting anyone who feels they may be able to commit in the next week to speak up, too.

We'll have to make a decision by tomorrow lunchtime. So far most people who've expressed feelings on it seem happy to postpone.
Quote from BenjiMC :but as of yet i dont have clearance to the UK forums

i also have that problem , If you login as guest you can view forums, but you need to login to download attachments, I need to download the Race Plates, but it wont let me.
#45 - Dru
Quote from SamH :This is the discussion at the moment, Dru. We're considering pushing back the start another week, to allow later entrants. We're fielding the feelings, primarily, of those who have already signed up and inviting anyone who feels they may be able to commit in the next week to speak up, too.

We'll have to make a decision by tomorrow lunchtime. So far most people who've expressed feelings on it seem happy to postpone.

don't sit on the fence Sam

Bottom line - how many competitors do you need to make this UK/IRE league run.
Aww heck, I'll sign up officialy tomorrow but count the 'Moving Chicane' in (me:schwitz.

Just so I'm clear is it any GTR class car or just the one model. I know about the auto clutch and forced cockpit view, a week give's me time to create a sub-standard skin and get practise in, if it's any class then I have a decent skin ready to go.
FZR, XRR or FXR.
#48 - SamH
Quote from Dru :don't sit on the fence Sam

Bottom line - how many competitors do you need to make this UK/IRE league run.

It's not my shout matey. We need a number from Joe.
Quote from Dru :So what actually is the cut off for numbers?

are you just going to race with the 5 or 6 drivers that have signed up or will you have a 'only goes ahead' with more than 15 signups - and if you don't get the numbers to run it - people get a refund that may help you sway the un-decided to partake..

The league is going ahead regardless of how many drivers have signed on, it's a great opportunity, and the drivers who have paid have realized this. This has been the impression Joe has given me and I am willing to put the time in for the drivers that have committed. It's just a matter of WHEN we start to get as many people as possible in the league before the green flag drops.

Quote from dru :Ok, lets flip this around.....

live streaming - does not affect the driver taking part
Commentary - does not affect the driver taking part
Some of the fastest LFS drivers - point taken - but this is just gonna lessen the sign up..... for instance if well known 'alein' drivers are entered that have a known pedigree in this class of racing are fast and consistant and do not crash, then why do the other drivers think they might actually stand a chance...

This league will just be like hour stints of an enduro race, there are one or two known drivers who if they entered (or weren't competing elsewhere) would clean up..

So the reason people should sign up is because there are fast drivers entered - well lots of other leagues have these drivers involved (and other fast drivers or clean drivers) were people don't have to pay to race..

how many leagues do you know where people drop out over the season as they realise they will not win?? i bet it's load's and that leagues that you don't even have to pay to enter in the first place..

What makes BTCC, F1, WTCC, A1GP, NASCAR, WRC, ALMS, and CORR so interesting? Some series are better than others but they are highly rated not because every driver is top notch, but because of coverage it receives. And because of this coverage virtually every driver in the world wants to run one of these series.
What's special about BTCC? Nothing really, they just have great coverage on TV, same goes with NASCAR. The general caliber of driver is higher, but then real racing has been around for what, a 100 years? Sim racing has been around in organized for for less than a 10th of that.

the same could be said for people that run in club racing. The majority of them could not win a race, never mind a season, but they still pay their entrance fee's and membership duties every year.

It' not just about winning, it's about being part of something that is exciting and having a group of fun people around you that you get to know on an intimate level when racing that cannot be found in any pick-up races. Having a laugh and slapping each others back and comparing war stories from the race before and letting people know what your excited about with the next race.

Is the RACING going to be much different than any other league running GTR's? Possibly not, but for some drivers you will see them push themselves beyond normal limits when they know that their name will be thrown around and there are significant prizes available to those who put the extra distance in and perform better than anyone else.

What will be different is all the things you stated in your post and IMO those are kickass =) There can only be so many leagues and races held before one league looks like another, post production and live streaming is what holds this league above anyone else.
I would love to enter, but I am a demo racer .

If I happen to get S2 (yeah right) would I be able to enter half way through?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG