The online racing simulator
ESport eTM Season 2: UK Division
UK ETM SIGNUPS OPEN!
The Inaugural season of the UK ETM is finally up and running, with the schedule decided, ready, and waiting for drivers. If the other ETM divisions are any indicator this division will be an exciting one! With the top drivers being sent into the international division to compete with the best and greatest in Live for Speed touring cars, this is a chance for the aspiring driver that they just can’t pass up! Last season in the international division we saw Nils Naujoks and Marco Schade both receive an all inclusive trip to watch a Formula 1 race weekend at Monaco, after Nils won the championship and Schade won the final race of the season. Couple with this is the opportunity to be broadcast LIVE on eSports LIVE-streams, eSports really is where it’s at.

There will be 8 races, all held between April and the end of June. The winner of UK division will have the opportunity to run in the International Cup. See below for more specifics.

Start Date: Tuesday 15 April 2008
Number of events: 8
Finish Date: Tuesday 22 July 2008
Start Time: 1930 UK Time
Qualify Length: 15 minutes
Race length: Aproximately 1 Hour
Entrance Fee: €5.95 Euro

Signups now open!
http://www.esport-racing.com/l ... iew_league&liga_id=25

Drivers Currently Signed Up:

Josh Difabio ~ joshdifabio
Struan Robertson ~ AlienT
Ben Crooks ~ BenjiMC
Graham Swan ~ sidi
Jack Basford ~ Clownpaint
Stuart Baker ~ Bean0
Niall McEvoy ~ Niall09
Struan Robertson ~ AlienT
Matthew Beattie ~ AMB
Jason Lovett ~ JasonL220
Dave Southword ~ Storm_Cloud
sounds good, will most probably be entering :auto:
When's it start, and why give us piece-meal info?, just tell us everything we need to know in one post please.
Quote from danowat :When's it start, and why give us piece-meal info?, just tell us everything we need to know in one post please.

We are handing out information as we receive.
#5 - SamH
Quote from danowat :When's it start, and why give us piece-meal info?, just tell us everything we need to know in one post please.

What!? and have the left hand know what the right hand's doing?! Are you maaad??

We don't yet have full information, though obviously it would be nice for all of us if we did. We'd originally planned to announce the series comfortably in time for people to clear slots in their calendars and get signed up, but not so far ahead of the start date that the impetus/momentum wouldn't carry through as we brought information about the series into the public domain. Sadly, since announcing, there have been a few NEW delays with the website and other structural details that are likely to push back our start date a tiny bit.

Because we're operating to connect with/into a much larger series' structure, it's important that once we do start, we continue without hindrance, so the current situation exists really because we're making sure we're lining up our ducks properly. Once we're go, it's "go go go!". In the meantime, it's a case of "hurry up and wait!".

So we humbly apologise for the lack of info right now.. as soon as we can, we'll land everything you need to know right in your lap.
Thanks Sam.

Might be an idea to hold off annoucing anything untill such a time that everything has been tied up, still smacks of unorganisation to me, something you shouldn't really expect from a "premium" league.

I had hoped this may re-ignite my LFS flame, but it's just more frustration trying to find info on that god awfull esports site..........
Quote from danowat :Thanks Sam.

Might be an idea to hold off annoucing anything untill such a time that everything has been tied up, still smacks of unorganisation to me, something you shouldn't really expect from a "premium" league.

I had hoped this may re-ignite my LFS flame, but it's just more frustration trying to find info on that god awfull esports site..........

Yeah Sorry Dan I should have made a mention that we don't know all the information yet ourselves and that this post was just a way to raise awareness of the league launching for this season.

To be fair on Joe he's been putting in some long hours, there have been days he's not even gone home for the night but hopefully soon there will be information on his site for the UK division.
#8 - Bean0
Have I read it right that cockpit view and autoclutch are forced ?
Quote from Bean0 :Have I read it right that cockpit view and autoclutch are forced ?

If it's the same rules as the internationals, then yes.
does the FZR have to have any wieght ballast?
No ballasts for FZR or any car. Same in every eTM league, as well as all the rules.
Signups are now open!
So, it seems that the plan is to start in a little over a week from now. Do you intend to actively advertise the league this time around? I remember that last time there were only a small handful interested, and I personally PM'ed about 50 British members of this board, so I'm still quite sceptical about numbers this time around.

I don't really want to sign up myself until I see a few other names on the list, but obviously if everyone is doing that then there won't ever be any. However, I don't really want to risk paying to race against 3 or 4 other people every other week, and I'm sure there are others who share that mindset.

Edit: Also, according to esport-racing.com, the first race is on April 1st. The opening post of this thread states April 4th as the date of the first race.
Quote from joshdifabio :So, it seems that the plan is to start in a little over a week from now. Do you intend to actively advertise the league this time around? I remember that last time there were only a small handful interested, and I personally PM'ed about 50 British members of this board, so I'm still quite sceptical about numbers this time around.

I don't really want to sign up myself until I see a few other names on the list, but obviously if everyone is doing that then there won't ever be any. However, I don't really want to risk paying to race against 3 or 4 other people every other week, and I'm sure there are others who share that mindset.

Edit: Also, according to esport-racing.com, the first race is on April 1st. The opening post of this thread states April 4th as the date of the first race.

This is no more or less than any other ETM league. What more can be done?

Season 1 flunked because of various things, and it wasn't because it wasn't promoted. It wasn't until last week the site was able to support signups and accept paypal as an example. Something that wasn't brought up as a problem until people tried to sign up for season 1.

Sorry for the date mixup, I am dyslexic and the USA reads month, then day for some stupid reason...
Only thing more that can be done on organization side is a little news article on the site about UK/IRE eTM signups and brief description again. What I have done here was to talk and explain everything about it in our forums and to anyone who I thought might be interested, and started with that long time ago. Everybody thought it's a great and appealing idea as a whole even if it wasn't personally for them, many others surely didn't like the idea of having to pay, but we managed to gathered 11 interested drivers for our first time, and few more that would but just couldn't participate due to other commitments.

This whole system was known more than 6 months ago, it's still the same and same for every national league. Surely many UK people already know everything about it, and except repeating the same things don't know else can be done. Fee is so small even by our lower standards here, and for you is pocket change. Methods of payment could be easily overcame by simple favor from a friend, eg. ask someone you know with a card. Here we usually don't have them but everybody knows someone who does, it's so simple I feel stupid having to explain it. The goal and purpose of different levels of eTMs (and racing GTRs in the first place) is surely not for everyone, but I can't believe you UK people cannot gather even a portion of the people we managed to gather from Balkan countries and much smaller community.

Josh, be brave and start the signup, someone has to be the first.

People shouldn't feel bad about low numbers either. 9 we had is still enough for a race, and atmosphere and sportsmanship in the first BeTM race was actually much better than in leagues with big grid full of bad drivers tbh (and that don't know eachother). People are also happier that chances of scoring points and advancing to relegation are pretty high as well. I'm also happier as an admin since entrance fee is a very nice filter of those who are committed to the league from <insert favorite bad word>, and less incidents to deal with.

Oh and nobody really drives for the prizes anyway. Real prize and motivator is advancement to big league, or have fun trying and improving, or just have fun racing. Really it started very nice in BeTM, and can be same for you in UK/IRE.
Pernix Drivers are looking to enter a driver into this event, and will hopefully be paying the entry fee this afternoon .
I have just entered a driver into the UK league, paid in full. Hes not showing up on the rankings, and when i view his profile it does not say that he has paid for a season
Quote from Rdcranno :I have just entered a driver into the UK league, paid in full. Hes not showing up on the rankings, and when i view his profile it does not say that he has paid for a season

Have another look.

We have to manually accept drivers into the league, welcome! =)
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno
Well I won't be able make round 1, but I have signed up nevertheless.

Looks like a lonely first race for AMB at this rate :P.
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno
#22 - AMB
Quote from joshdifabio :Well I won't be able make round 1, but I have signed up nevertheless.

Looks like a lonely first race for AMB at this rate :P.

Well it will be some practice for me then because i'll need it

Why won't you be able to make the first round?
It's the Easter holiday atm and as such I'm at home (with family) and without my PC & wheel (both at my uni house).
Is anything being done to try and find more drivers? With three days to go until the first race there are still only two of us signed-up and I'm quite sure that 99+% of active licensed UK LFS'ers don't actually know about this league.
Quote from joshdifabio :Is anything being done to try and find more drivers? With three days to go until the first race there are still only two of us signed-up and I'm quite sure that 99+% of active licensed UK LFS'ers don't actually know about this league.

Well if you know anyone that would be interested send them a link =) Nobody is stopping anyone from trying to promote the league.

Other than posting in the general section there isnt much else that can be done. People just are not interesting in this fantastic opportunity.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG